Cannot Display Some Thai Fonts--websites, Mp3s, Etc.

my benny rai

I have gone through the whole Control Panel to Change Regional Settings and now have a little EN or TH box in the bottom right corner of my screen. I am running a legit copy of Windows XP SP2 from North America. I have read the excellent pinned threads in the Thai Language section and I have downloaded MS fonts, but...

PROBLEM IS

(1) when I surf some Thai sites it just comes up looking like my keyboard took a crap on the screen: "AiX^+eIoX" or something like that.

(2) Also, when I load MP3 Thai music I borrowed from a friend, it initially comes up fine for a brief second but then changes to unreadable crap once the computer reads it.

(3) I also bought a Thai Dictionary that has an interface that is in the same illegable crap. (It says I need XP Thai Support--is that what I've got?)

What can I do to fix this problem? Am I missing some holy grail of Thai fonts? And how do I load Thai fonts off of other sites?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

PROBLEM IS

(1) when I surf some Thai sites it just comes up looking like my keyboard took a crap on the screen: "AiX^+eIoX" or something like that.

(2) Also, when I load MP3 Thai music I borrowed from a friend, it initially comes up fine for a brief second but then changes to unreadable crap once the computer reads it.

1. IE=>View=>Encoding=>Autoselect, if that doesn't work, try Thai(Windows)

2.If you use Winamp to play thai named tracks, do like this:

Start Winamp=>Options=>Preferences=>Playlist

Untick the "Use skin or language pack font" tickbox.

Use font MS Dialog.