Internet Availability In Bangkok

HughHefner

Hi folks, Hugh here....

These are probably going to seem like terribly basic questions to be asking you all, but i'm somewhat in the dark on these matters.

I have recently arrived in Bangkok to live and i am in the process of starting to search for an apartment in which to stay. One fundamental requirement that i have is to have a decent high speed internet connection. Would i be right in thinking that if an apartment has a direct phone line, that i should be able to sign up with an internet service? Or is the whole thing set up some other way? I've noticed from perusing the sites online that many apartments offer wi fi internet for the apartment complex, but i really can't be doing with sharing a connection with umpteen other people at the same time, with the resulting drop in speeds, so i need a service of my own.

From reading others posts it would appear that people generally are not getting the speeds they pay for. Do you think paying for a 2MB service would be sufficient to get me somewhere in the region of 1MB speeds, or would i need to get a faster service?

Are there any other issues i need to be aware of, questions i need to ask when i go to look at places, regarding this stipulation of mine?

All help and advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks folks

Hugh Hefner