What's closed or open on the 26th

digbeth

Well, this coming Thursday is the big Royal Funeral and most businesses is closing out of respect and giving their staff time off to attend the event, given that how expats of Pattaya react to a couple of 'dry' days with gloom and doom, with closure of even 7-11s I'd expect that there'd be calls of the sky falling and mass evacuations. 

With restaurants, supermarkets and convenience store closing in the afternoon until the next day, expats and tourists that don't keep up with the news might find themselves caught out and unable to prepare for the night find themselves starving on the streets of Pattaya?

Also expects: gridlock as people park their cars all over town to attend the mock funerals at Wat Chai (South Pattaya Markets)

Any Songkran preppers reactivating your protocol for this week? 

I'm surprised there's less outrage/panic

or maybe the people that complained when they can't plan ahead and stock up the day before each 'dry' days has left town

either that or there'll be a lot of surprised complaining tomorrow when they find the town gridlocked and their favorite establishment closed

All stocked at my place, extra case of beer, new 1.5 Ltr bottle of Red wine, this is just in case that some local big chief gets all pious and decides at the last moment that sin city will have to close, no big deal really, I would have bought the booze anyway, just means the Mrs won't have to go out in the rain on her pushbike & cycle 3 Kms to re stock me, I'll take her out tonight for some rice and boiled fish heads as a treat and she can do me Steak and all the trimmings tomorrow while I watch the ceremony on TV. :crazy:

7-Eleven and Family Mart on soi paniadchang closed about 5 pm, Thur, 10-26-2017.

Did clubs on Walking St close on Thur?  Will they open on Fri?

Reason I asked is one tv news report said that Thailand was observing 5 days beginning Wed in honor of the King's passing.