Condo/apartments NOT a room with a fan/AC

Iv read so many posts, topics, articles, People’s experiences blah blah for the last 3 months now about renting in Bangkok.

people tell me it’s cheap to rent in Bangkok, iv been looking around the ARi, mo chit, saphan Kwai area and from what I can see everything is the same price as Manchester, £500 one bedroom city centre flat.

im staying with my wife’s family in Sai Mai atm which is nice and free but we have a baby and there restaurant is open til 4am Everyday.

My wife can easy find a nice apartment in those places I listed above but all around the 20k mark which is fine BUT I have heard so many people go on about cheap great apartments! 

Am I missing something or are these great cheap places just a room with a shower?

8 hours ago, trogers said:

There are loads of apartments for rent at Bt4000 with AC and shower heater. Look for the pigeon hole profile at the side of the buildings.

6856650423_d4ab16bb76_o.jpg

Most of the tales about cheap apartments are from the mouths of bachelors with no wife and kid. So they can live/retire in a studio unit.

That stretch of road do have townhouses inside the sois renting for less than Bt20k. Forget about cheap condo units there as they are all built after 2003.

Cheaper condo units built before the 1997 financial crisis are located mainly along Sukhumvit road.

What's wrong with 20-25k thb for a modern high rise condo?

I'm definitely not cheerleader of Thai real estate market but when it comes to renting the value is great.

Move to Pattaya if you have lower budget.

Nailed it. Why punters come to bangkok and rent a 6k /month fan room miles away from a bts is beyond me. And then even brag about it. They must have had a sh#t life in the West to go that low

I have yet to see a link with rave reviews for a cheap condo in a desribale area. Lots of posts but never a single verifiable link.. What's up with that?

41 minutes ago, Coconut007 said:

What's wrong with 20-25k thb for a modern high rise condo?

I'm definitely not cheerleader of Thai real estate market but when it comes to renting the value is great.

Move to Pattaya if you have lower budget.

Seems you skim through the post and jump the gun. 

Read again and note the following keywords: wife, kid, restaurant opens till 4am, staying with in-law.

His profile is not that of a swinging bachelor drawing a substantial pay and spending only on himself.

Seems you skim through the post and jump the gun. 

Read again and note the following keywords: wife, kid, restaurant opens till 4am, staying with in-law.

His profile is not that of a swinging bachelor drawing a substantial pay and spending only on himself.
Jesus that's even worse. He is supposed to be a provider!

It's the swinging bachelors that are the cheap Charlie's, every thousand baht saved on rent is an extra hooker.

15 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Jesus that's even worse. He is supposed to be a provider!

It's the swinging bachelors that are the cheap Charlie's, every thousand baht saved on rent is an extra hooker.

Not all bachelors are hooked on hookers. Welcome to the 21st century.

27 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

Hookers and John's go back century's so your post is ridiculous.

Hey if you're not into the ladies it's not a big deal but let's no deny the obvious attraction here

Being hooked on hookers till it's the be-all and end-all of life...

That was your implication when you said that every thousand baht saved on rent is an extra hooker.

I do not find such an attitude in my very long-term bachelor tenants. And I know they do have lady visitors now and then.

Being hooked on hookers till it's the be-all and end-all of life...

That was your implication when you said that every thousand baht saved on rent is an extra hooker.

I do not find such an attitude in my very long-term bachelor tenants. And I know they do have lady visitors now and then.
You tink to mut

Lol wow I was saying I don’t want a cheap shithole but I saw a lot of posts saying accommodation is cheap.

in the UK both me and my wife worked since we left education but she stopped whilst on maternity & we moved back to Bangkok so she could be closer to her parents in Sai Mai, that’s why mo chit/saphan Kwai is desireable for me, close enough to my work and only 15 (no traffic) minute drive to her parents.

anyway I found a place with everything, pool, fitness etc a bed with no pigeons & dogs for 15,000baht.

I was partial to the whole just pay it’s easier than talking to a plank for 5 hours or 3 dates or whatever so I understand inmyshadow, I’m guessing you have to pay for some action if the birds are all in your shadow (ur fat right?)  remember though, they don’t love you