HONDA PCX 150 2018

GARYZX6R

Well pictures and some details have just been released on the new model at Tokyo. First its similar looking to the old model but there are two choices, a hybrid model and an electric model ! The electric model has two huge batteries under the seat .Also ABS for those who cant ride without it.Sure theres more to add in the coming days

Thats it for the moment.

Not seen anything about a new forza 300 yet.

Electric PCX 150,  oh my that is a good laugh for the day.  As the above respondent asked, where are you going to charge it if you live in a Condo?  How about living in a house, would you simply run an extension cord to the scooter assuming of course your service is sufficient to charge a scooter???  What about the limited range, no mention by the OP of that?  Sure, around town on a daily basis it might work but for those who use their PCX 150 for longer trips it is out of the question.  Too many unanswered questions and a very very limited market for this.  Honda would be best served by making the PCX 150 a better choice over the Nmax or Aerox.

Electric PCX 150,  oh my that is a good laugh for the day.  As the above respondent asked, where are you going to charge it if you live in a Condo?  How about living in a house, would you simply run an extension cord to the scooter assuming of course your service is sufficient to charge a scooter???  What about the limited range, no mention by the OP of that?  Sure, around town on a daily basis it might work but for those who use their PCX 150 for longer trips it is out of the question.  Too many unanswered questions and a very very limited market for this.  Honda would be best served by making the PCX 150 a better choice over the Nmax or Aerox.
Big market for electric bikes and cars on islands like Phuket or samui. I'd get one tomorrow as I don't ride over 100kms a day. These will get 200kms plus or the Japanese market rejects ev's that can't meet these standards. I read that they are available in Japan so it must meet the 200km range requirement for street use.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, idman said:

I agree. The new electric PCX may be focused on the city/urban market in Europe. But everywhere else, except as a curiosity, the interest in it will, I think, be very limited, especially if the new electric and/or hybrid models come with a significant price increase -- the move to Yamaha will be "shocking". They would have been far better to improve the PCX as a fully combustion engine machine, and if they wanted to get into the electric scooter market, come out with an all new "ELECTRI-X". In Thailand, unfortunately, this may well be the end (and not a new beginning) of the PCX. 

• Thanks 1

If you guys had clicked on the link and looked on the pictures with the battery packs, you would have seen "Detachable mobile battery pack", so i'm quite sure you can take the batteries out and charge them in your room ;)

I'm using my PCX to travel the country, but 99% of the people use scooters just to commute to work or for buying stuff, if the scooter can go 100km on one charge it would be more than enough for them.

A bit of a problem is that you will probably lose the under seat storage and probably want to put a top box.

If it will be a success or not depends mostly on the price, i think in general an electric scooter is way more useful than an electric cars because they are usually not used for big distances.

If your boss does not mind you charging it at your workplace (so you get free electricity) you would save about 7000thb in gas per year if you drive 10000km per year, that's quite nice. Let's see how much you save if you have to pay it by yourself after they release information about the electricity usage.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 1

On 10/27/2017 at 8:15 PM, Thailaw said:

They would have been far better to improve the PCX as a fully combustion engine machine, and if they wanted to get into the electric scooter market, come out with an all new "ELECTRI-X". In Thailand, unfortunately, this may well be the end (and not a new beginning) of the PCX. 

Honda chose to debut its electric and hybrid PCX models at the Tokyo Motor Show rather than use the occasion to introduce an upgraded PCX 150 model with dual disc brakes and ABS. Though I do commend Honda for showing foresight and taking the initiative in this field, I hope a PCX 150 upgrade is to be released later this year.

Then again, Honda does not own 79% of the market share for not being smart. Let's see what they do.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 11/2/2017 at 6:41 AM, canthai55 said:

For a 135kg scooter !!!    555

ABS is a proven life saving system. It's becoming compulsory to have it pre-installed on all scooters and motorcycles over 125cc in more and more countries in recent years, for a good reason.

If going electric means losing the under seat storage, then that'd be a no-go for me. I use it all the time, and between that and a small top box, I can transport quite a lot of stuff. I'm surprised that the latest version manages to add an extra 3 liters of storage over the previous generation. They did that even while adding wider tires and dropping 3 kg (129 kg vs 132)!

On a side note, I agree that ABS and dual disc brakes would be a smart move on Honda's part. Some may argue that those features are unnecessary. Personally, I would find them appealing, and I think Honda will have to consider it soon, given that the Nmax has both and at a lower price to boot.

Actually, it appears that ABS is available, just not in Thailand. Here's hoping they'll introduce it as an option next year.