Visa For Thai Gf

I have current thai girlfriend of 9 months,photos,phone receipts,money transfers etc.

Problem is D has no work,D has 2 young children,basically husband split and left her.

What are the chances of a 3 month visit.

I have the means to support her stay.

Is the fact D has 2 children enough to statisfy immigration her return to thailand

neverburi

Is the fact D has 2 children enough to statisfy immigration her return to thailand

No.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if she doesn't have a job then she has Buckley's chances of a visa.

Been said many times before, she needs to convince Case worker she has a compelling reason to return to Thailand. The job aspect is able to be got around sometimes with a bit of imagination (PM me), but you need more, money in her bank account and a house would be good.

I have current thai girlfriend of 9 months,photos,phone receipts,money transfers etc.

Problem is D has no work,D has 2 young children,basically husband split and left her.

What are the chances of a 3 month visit.

I have the means to support her stay.

neverburi

My first post here and I can only speak from my own experience with the embassy, maybe we were just lucky.

My girl got a 3 month visa in Feb '04, her circumstances were almost the same as yours except she had been my fiance for 2 months. She was unemployed at the time and only had a little bit of money in her bank account (approx 50,000bht).

We made a big effort when we went to apply at the embassy.We took every bit of paperwork we could find, phone records, letters, money transfers, hotel bills, her house rent book, mother/fathers/childrens ID records etc. I took copies of my payslips (signed by a JP), an invitation to visit from myself and one from my mum (that way they knew the fiance bit wasn't something known only to my girl and me)

We dressed formally, pants, shoes, jackets etc, and felt a bit of a tit going to the embassy as most of the other people there were dressed casually - some looked like they'd just got out of bed.

We were EXCRUCIATINGLY polite to everyone we dealt with. One thing to do is make sure you know your girls phone number - the woman behind the counter looked at the phone records and asked me to tell her what it was - luckily I could do it without hesitation (one of the benefits of spending $ 00's on phone calls).

We got the visa after an anxious 4 hours at the embassy. The staff didn't make any unreasonable demands of us but then again we tried to cover every possible problem/query in advance. Nothing succeeds like excess and that is particularly true when it comes to paperwork in a bureaucracy.

So I'd say if you do a bit of preparation you must have a reasonable chance of getting a visa.

Good luck!!

I am not sure what country is OZ? :o

I guess Australia?? :D

In my long time in Thailand I have assisted many Thai ladies in visa matters, and I always ask the ladies and the men to dress politely and act politely....and as Sporting Dog says....do your home work, and you have a good chance....but a house or a piece og land will always be the best indication that she will return to Thailand after 3 months.

IF it's Australia we are talking about.... :D ...then you can apply for a Fiancee Visa or a Spouse visa.

You are welcome to PM me! :D

Another way to convince themshe will return is to convince them you will. We got our visa due to my work permit. The then gf had no job, no kids, little money in the bank, no land. The case worker asked lots of questions about my business and when I convinced her that I would return she accpeted that the gf would come back too.

Good comment on the telephone number. I had to think what hers was as it is programmed into the mobile and they confiscate that before you get upstairs. Oh well, again I just appologised, explained how I usually use the mobile memroy dial and they accepted it. ALWAYS BE NICE. Best advice anyone will ever give about dealing with the embassy.

I am not sure what country is OZ? :o

I guess Australia?? :D

In my long time in Thailand I have assisted many Thai ladies in visa matters, and I always ask the ladies and the men to dress politely and act politely....and as Sporting Dog says....do your home work, and you have a good chance....but a house or a piece og land will always be the best indication that she will return to Thailand after 3 months.

IF it's Australia we are talking about.... :D ...then you can apply for a Fiancee Visa or a Spouse visa.

You are welcome to PM me! :D

A house or piece of land on it's own will not neccesarily convince a CW that she will return after 3 months, it depends on the CW and I reckon her mood on the day, I have first hand experience with this fact.