New Aspire C22...Where's my Win 10?

Coconut Kidd

when I bought my new lenovo in January from invadeit I bought win10 as an extra and I was given a sticker with a Windows10 activation code...then I got into the MS website (how I can't remember) with the code and was able to download and install the win10 software...

if ye paid for the win10 OS ye might wanna look in the paperwork that you were given with yer purchase (receipt, warranty card, etc) to see if there's a win10 activation code in there somewhere with instructions...I remember having to get into the bios to complete the process...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

1 hour ago, Coconut Kidd said:

I have had such a crap day. It started with my pressure washer breaking down, and now this.

At this point, I just don't care.....What 's the best price on Win 10 Download to USB, and where can I get it?

You can begin by installing Windows 10 now to get up and running. You can then activate it when your eBay bought licence arrives.

I'll pop the details in the next post. Get yourself a USB Flash drive of a capacity of , at least, 8GB. You'll make your own installation media. 

Are you ready?

You'll need another PC to create your media. If you don't have one, you'll need to go to an Internet cafe.

Begin by downloading and saving the latest image; Win10_1709_English_x64.iso to a PC. Click on the Bold font to begin the download.

Next, download and save Rufus to the same PC.

Then plug the 8GB USB Flash drive in to the PC. Once it is recognised by the PC and has produced a drive letter, double click on the newly downloaded Rufus application.

You'll need to see something like this; 

rufus_en.png

There are a couple of entries that you may need to change to achieve this;

Rufus-v1.3.4-UEFI.png

There is a drop-down list when you click on it.

Rufus-2.jpg

Once done, click where indicated below to navigate to where the Windows 10 image is downloaded;

Rufus.png

and then double click on the image to apply the action.

Click Start on Rufus and it will begin to create your installation media.

It's actually quite straightforward. 

3 hours ago, JamJar said:

You'll need another PC to create your media. If you don't have one, you'll need to go to an Internet cafe.

Begin by downloading and saving the latest image; Win10_1709_English_x64.iso to a PC. Click on the Bold font to begin the download.

Next, download and save Rufus to the same PC.

Then plug the 8GB USB Flash drive in to the PC. Once it is recognised by the PC and has produced a drive letter, double click on the newly downloaded Rufus application.

You'll need to see something like this; 

rufus_en.png

There are a couple of entries that you may need to change to achieve this;

Rufus-v1.3.4-UEFI.png

There is a drop-down list when you click on it.

Rufus-2.jpg

Once done, click where indicated below to navigate to where the Windows 10 image is downloaded;

Rufus.png

and then double click on the image to apply the action.

Click Start on Rufus and it will begin to create your installation media.

It's actually quite straightforward. 

Sorry, for a little off topic question. What would happen when I've created a Rufus bootable memory stick without changing the Partition Scheme? Is it standard that this GPT... window comes up? Thanks for your great post and your time, sorry OP. 

Edited by jenny2017

5 hours ago, jenny2017 said:

Sorry, for a little off topic question. What would happen when I've created a Rufus bootable memory stick without changing the Partition Scheme? Is it standard that this GPT... window comes up? Thanks for your great post and your time, sorry OP. 

It would depend on your scenario.. If you had a 3 TB HDD, it would only recognise 2 TB. If you had more than four partitions on the HDD, they also would not be recognised.

34 minutes ago, JamJar said:

It would depend on your scenario.. If you had a 3 TB HDD, it would only recognise 2 TB. If you had more than four partitions on the HDD, they also would not be recognised.

Thank you very much. Nope, neither, nor. 

I checked your model on IT City Web Site and it does not come with W10 preinstalled, you can buy as an extra in their shops or online, home or pro-edition 64Bit. If you are not capable of installing the software just ask the technicians in the service corner of the shop. If you are near Seacon Square, take your computer down stairs and ask one of the repair experts to set it up for you. B500.

As previously mentioned, most OS don't come pre-installed in Thailand. The store will install for for you, but must pay for it. Depending on where you buy, they will ask if you want "original" or copy. Of course get the real deal. It will cost more, but it will work properly, update and be supported.

I was at Powermall at Mall  Bangkapi when I noticed most of the laptops were equipped with Linux OS 

I have mixed feelings on this i have had problems finding linux drivers for many peripherals but at the same time I don't like having Microsofts latest pile of errors/vulnerabilities crammed down my throat. When I purchased my laptop I discovered I could not downgrade to Win 7 had to use Win 8.1. 

On 26/10/2017 at 9:04 AM, KhunBENQ said:

Where/how did you buy?

What do you see when you power on?

No USB stick supplied?

No license label on the housing?

Win 10 does not have a CoA licence sticker as it uses a Digital Product Key (DPK) stored in the bios.

I had a friend that corrupted her Win 10 enterprise PC by continually cutting power instead of shutting down. The OS was not licensed. Went to Fortune IT mall found a store selling all OS & software but not licenses I think Win7 Pro was ฿100. Official licensed Win 10 Pro 32/64 bit $199.99. I was going to post a screenshot but for some reason cannot. Here is link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/d/windows-10-pro/df77x4d43rkt/48DN

On 2017-10-26 at 4:11 AM, Coconut Kidd said:

Purchase at IT City.

Power on, I get a 1-2 second BIOS screen, then a screen that says something like Press 1 for Free DOS and 2 to backup drivers.

No USB stick

3 stickers on the housing. MFG, another about Bluetooth and Aspire C22-850 with S/N code

In Thailand the laptop they sell only comes with DOS you have to buy the Windows OS seperately. Unlike in HK or North America its all built in.