Online 90 day report still pending 29 days

5 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Interesting that you don't mention using the Post Office. You could combine my stay and yours and make yourself a nifty purple banknote with a 500 on it.  Now all of a sudden you don't have any time.

That is very odd.

If your time is more valuable than your money, pay an agent to make your 90 day reports.

5 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Interesting that you don't mention using the Post Office. You could combine my stay and yours and make yourself a nifty purple banknote with a 500 on it.  Now all of a sudden you don't have any time.

That is very odd.

Banknote? 500? Purple?
Since when did any banknotes be a relevant thing here?
About time. I have all the time in the world for take care of my visa and stay in Thailand.

Just now, Get Real said:

Banknote? 500? Purple?
Since when did any banknotes be a relevant thing here?
About time. I have all the time in the world for take care of my visa and stay in Thailand.

That begs the question, what is 1/2 of your day worth?  I think it is obvious that one of two things are happening here:

1.  I value my time more than you value yours.

or

2. You think only your time is valuable and everyone else be damned.

Which is it?

3 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

That begs the question, what is 1/2 of your day worth?  I think it is obvious that one of two things are happening here:

1.  I value my time more than you value yours.

or

2. You think only your time is valuable and everyone else be damned.

Which is it?

Nothing out of the 2.

What it is? Here it comes!
If your time is valuable, then it´s also very valuable that everything is in order. Then it´s important to make time for that. Without making that time, it could result in that the time you consider valuable turns into more problem than value.

I consider all peoples time same valuable.

What half of my day is worth? I estimate that I will be about 90  years old. That would estimate that 1/2 day would be worth approx. 0,0015% of it. :smile:

Edited by Get Real

2 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I consider all peoples time same valuable.

I do not.

Some people are mental morons.  To them, there is all the time in the world. 

The difference between successful people and losers is how they value their time.  Time is the one constant that cannot be replenished.  Most Thais think about things in very short periods of time.  I have enough money to make it to tomorrow, so why worry?  

Most people with an education would think about things further along in time.  

If you were only interested in the current, then you could never win a chess game.  You couldn't win anything.

Do you think a surgeon's time is worth the same as yours?  Are you a surgeon? To state that everyone's time is of equal value smacks of communism.  

• Haha 1

1/2 a day at Immigration might seem like a trivial amount of time, but in one year that is 2 days.  

What could you do with that 2 days?

What if you only had 3 days to live?  What if you didn't know that there was a bus in your future that would jump the curb and squish you until you no longer existed, at least not in this form?

Would that 1/2 a day waste at Immigration become more valuable to you?  How would you spend those 2 days?  

My time is always more valuable to me than spending the baht to Uber to immigration only to watch numbers augment on LED red screens.

5 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Some people are mental morons.  To them, there is all the time in the world. 

Their perception / though-process, yes - but that is not to say "their life/time" is not valuable.  Slippery-slope down that road.

6 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

The difference between successful people and losers is how they value their time.

That's one factor.  Being good at conning others to spend their life-times making money for the "winners" seems to be the preeminent factor, though. 

5 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Do you think a surgeon's time is worth the same as yours?  Are you a surgeon? To state that everyone's time is of equal value smacks of communism.  

Everyone's time may not have the same "Market Value" - agreed - because that market-value is a function of what other people will pay for their time.  If you have a skill that allows you to give people "more time to live" - and it's not easy to train to do, that's going to have high market-value.

In this case, Visa-Agents have made a market-valuation of how much people will pay to let them do their 90-day reports for them.

6 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Where would I find such an agent, one that I would trust to hold and guard my passport?

I would say - most agents that have been in business for a significant time-period would be good bets - precisely because they seem to have the sort of long-term outlook that would preclude them, for example, selling your passport on the black-market for short-term gain - an action that would wreck their business, leading to a long-term loss.

On 10/28/2017 at 4:49 PM, lopburi3 said:

I have been waiting more than a month for receipt from a mail in to Chiang Wattana which I know they got last month.  Was planning trip out about the 6th but maybe wait a little longer.  Bangkok Immigration web site is listed as malware currently by Bitdefender

Today was one month after due date of above and went to Chiang Wattana with registered mail receipt, arriving at 0840 and queue was out to immigration entry door (people were not dividing into queues once inside main room so first queue had line back to entry door and other 4 queues only had about a dozen people each.  Went around to furthest queue from door and got 90 day number at 0847 (58 in queue and processing number 4).  Only took one hour as out at 0947 with copy of missing receipt (had been processed late September).  Noted the automatic voice queue announcements seemed to be much clearer and in good English.