How to live for 4000 baht a month. Not inc rents.

dfdgfdfdgs

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Nah, you can't have both, Australia pays you their pension and reclaims your British pension entitlement for itself.

Are you sure? My ex-defacto in Australia gets a Canadian pension, and the full Australian OAP.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

Are you sure? My ex-defacto in Australia gets a Canadian pension, and the full Australian OAP.

Just had another thought, phone up centerpoint tell them she gets 2 pensions, include her SS number, she might have lied on the application form (apparently some people do that).

6 hours ago, Si Thea01 said:

So they give a pensioner around 356.00 pounds a month or about 89.00 pound a week.  How in the hell are the Aged Brits to live on that. Hope my maths are right.:sad::wai:

How? By having in addition a work pension and some savings/investments

5 hours ago, chakatee said:

3 machines a month? impressive

Not really...if you wash 20 pieces per time X 3 = 60 pieces.  Assuming a wardrobe of 100+ pieces, this is more than enough back-up.  Unless of course you only have 10 pieces of clothing.

18 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Not really...if you wash 20 pieces per time X 3 = 60 pieces.  Assuming a wardrobe of 100+ pieces, this is more than enough back-up.  Unless of course you only have 10 pieces of clothing.

does he who lives on 4,000 Baht a month own 100+ pieces of clothing? :sleep:

On 2017-11-01 at 6:56 AM, BuaBS said:

But to stay on topic ... is it cheaper to inject B12 than pills ? :smile:

Injections are more for people that don't absorb the B12 through their stomach . That's why you need a second blood check after a period of taking the pills.

The Thai B12 pills are as expensive as back home ( gov doesn't payback meds like vitamines).

Nice to know that you have fun laughing at comments. I just hope that you know that the joke is on you.

Right. Christmas dinner would stretch to a 7-11 sausage and a glass of filtered tap water. 

When I was 14 (around 1980) I spent Christmas in a English “family” in London (to learn the langage), which housed about 5 foreign youths. We went to celebrate at a fast food. Not everybody is in middle class.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, vilntrav said:

When I was 14 (around 1980) I spent Christmas in a English “family” in London (to learn the langage), which housed about 5 foreign youths. We went to celebrate at a fast food. Not everybody is in middle class.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

But why subject yourself to misery voluntarily, perhaps dying for the want of health care that you'd get for free on the dole back home?

I am grateful I'm not a bread head but have enough to have a nice car, home and look after my family. 150, 000 is enough, but most of that goes on foreign holidays and schooling. Here in Thailand, when my kids are through uni, and I retire I could live on 40k a month easily, eating pretty well and paying for amenities, maid once a week, gardener, 10k for Internet, electricity, water etc.

22 hours ago, torrzent said:

If you do that - 1) hang the sodden filthy stuff up to dry before piling it, or it'll fester, 2) make sure you have a system for separating the drying sweat from the drying laundry. 

12 hours ago, Craig krup said:

If you do that - 1) hang the sodden filthy stuff up to dry before piling it, or it'll fester, 2) make sure you have a system for separating the drying sweat from the drying laundry. 

Perhaps he could do a Jack Reacher and simply buy new clothes every four days.

My GF loves trawling through the secondhand clothing stores. I was astonished when she found me a long sleeve golf shirt in near-new condition for 80 baht. I'd be paying about 2000 baht for it in Australia.

On 11/3/2017 at 10:00 PM, Naam said:

does he who lives on 4,000 Baht a month own 100+ pieces of clothing? :sleep:

OK...you may be right

Redoing the math, assuming 10 pairs each of everything and getting 2 days usage out of each.

That is one wash every 20 days for around 40 baht, or average of 60 baht per month, 720 baht per year.  Pretty good deal!

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

Perhaps he could do a Jack Reacher and simply buy new clothes every four days.

My GF loves trawling through the secondhand clothing stores. I was astonished when she found me a long sleeve golf shirt in near-new condition for 80 baht. I'd be paying about 2000 baht for it in Australia.

i never golfed because the shirts are so expensive :unsure:

1 hour ago, Naam said:

i never golfed because the shirts are so expensive :unsure:

If you think shirts are too expensive, the cost of golf clubs or a membership would horrify you.

Just bought a new pair of golf shoes, 5200 baht.

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

Does an expensive golf shirt improve your game compared to wearing a 50b t-shirt ?

No. However, turn up on most golf courses I know wearing a T-shirt, and you won't be allowed to play. There are things called dress standards.

Having said that, I think it was Tiger Woods who said " Golf is the only game I know where white guys dress like black pimps".

2 hours ago, bazza73 said:

If you think shirts are too expensive, the cost of golf clubs or a membership would horrify you.

i never understood why grown up men waste hours trying to kick little balls in holes dug in a lawn and even pay money for it. but then... it's not mandatory that i understand every silly pastime.

rabugento1.gif

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:
3 hours ago, bazza73 said:

And that's not the best ones!

WOW! you mean for the dough i shelled for my last car i could have bought 1,462 pairs of medium quality golf shoes?

:shock1:

how much is a pair of the best ones? and are they studded with diamonds and have 24k gold spikes? 

Golf is not cheap here.  It just adds up with the green fee, caddy fee, transport fee, lunch.

If one is golfing lets say 3 times a week and meeting ladies also, it can easily run 10,000 b a week.

Edited by bkk6060