Witnessed an accident yet again at Ratchadaphisek Rd

sitti

So that's a mad motorbike rider going much too fast and trying to squeeze between two cars, and the driver of a black sedan who seems determined to wander across every available lane, to cut in front of every other driver on the road and to not stop after an accident.

Sounds pretty much like any Thai road on any day to me.

Typical total disregard by Thai drivers (both the car and the motorcycle) of normal rules of the road and simple driving laws.  I particularly get frustrated with all of the motorcyclists who do whatever they want and always get away with it.

33 minutes ago, rickb said:

Typical total disregard by Thai drivers (both the car and the motorcycle) of normal rules of the road and simple driving laws.  I particularly get frustrated with all of the motorcyclists who do whatever they want and always get away with it.

The big difference between you and a thai is: they are not scared to die , not even think about it .And they dont have to ,because there is probably a better life after this?

Lucky the motorcycle rider managed to stay on the bike and control it and it looks like the car did move to the side of the road and stop.  Could have been prevented if the motorcycle followed the "keep left" rules for motorcycles. 

2 hours ago, rickb said:

Actually, this is the most important point. Who knows how many lives decent drivers in Thailand save each day? You see a motorcycle ahead or to your side, even oncoming; and you can see their deaths awaiting. You do the decent thing and take evasive action. They have no idea what you have just done for them.

14 minutes ago, todlad said:

Actually, this is the most important point. Who knows how many lives decent drivers in Thailand save each day? You see a motorcycle ahead or to your side, even oncoming; and you can see their deaths awaiting. You do the decent thing and take evasive action. They have no idea what you have just done for them.

The decent drivers are just sentencing someone else to death, dismemberment, or broken bones. If you can get them, get your car fixed by insurance, and get away unscathed, then you have done society a favor.

3 hours ago, rickb said:

me too especially when is indicating to TURN LEFT and the STUPID IDIOT undertakes ....why NOT wait until I have turned LEFT?? They are brain dead are all MOTOR BIKE RIDERS

14 hours ago, KittenKong said:

So that's a mad motorbike rider going much too fast and trying to squeeze between two cars, and the driver of a black sedan who seems determined to wander across every available lane, to cut in front of every other driver on the road and to not stop after an accident.

Sounds pretty much like any Thai road on any day to me.

Yep, "quite norman" as my Thai wife would say!

3 hours ago, lucjoker said:

The big difference between you and a thai is: they are not scared to die , not even think about it .And they dont have to ,because there is probably a better life after this?

..they're all racing to get their first..the next life i mean.

Pretty much normal Thai Traffic - I didn't see any 'accident', no flying motorcyles, no flying small cars being hit by the larger HISO SUV's,   the Moto trying to squeeze between two cars is an everyday event, not an 'accident' at all - he did it on purpose!!!   Its just too bad he didn't totally destroy his motorcycle and break both arms and legs - so he couldn't ride again for a few months.  One less idiot off the road.

12 hours ago, rickb said:

Thousands of them dont

11 hours ago, lucjoker said:

PROBABLY, sounds like a bit of a long shot to me, but I am content to leave it with them

17 hours ago, garbolino said:

me too especially when is indicating to TURN LEFT and the STUPID IDIOT undertakes ....why NOT wait until I have turned LEFT?? They are brain dead are all MOTOR BIKE RIDERS

Just keep far left and give no space for undertaking before turning left.

Problem solved!

On 29/10/2017 at 1:21 PM, soistalker said:

The decent drivers are just sentencing someone else to death, dismemberment, or broken bones. If you can get them, get your car fixed by insurance, and get away unscathed, then you have done society a favor.

You seem to be suggesting murder at worst, grievous bodily harm at least. Did you mean that?

As an example, it's not that unusual to see a motorbike cross the traffic on a major road as they go from soi to soi. Two hours ago a really stupid woman bike rider did that and had I not been alert there would have been a crash. I imagine that woman is a grand parent but one wonders how she has got this far. I was a farang alone: who do you think would have been blamed for the incident?

Ive no idea why anyone drives in Bangkok, especially foreigners. BTS, MRT and cheapest taxis in the world. If that does not make enough sense, the maintenance and expense as well as depreciating asset.

Aggro stuck in hours of traffic alone is worth paying a mere b150 an hour for driver and conveyance.