Window cleaner

Thanks. That would be the norm I guess, to have the condo cleaning lady clean my ground floor condo windows outside on a monthly basis. I’ve asked and it seems expensive doing it this way, probably as the cleaner only gets a small amount and the owner gets the most. Hence I asked about contact for window cleaning service.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, emafini said:

That would be the norm I guess, to have the condo cleaning lady clean my ground floor condo windows outside on a monthly basis. I’ve asked and it seems expensive doing it this way, probably as the cleaner only gets a small amount and the owner gets the most. Hence I asked about contact for window cleaning service.

I dont know about your particular condo building or your particular unit, but in buildings I know of the cleaning charge for an average condo is generally around 300-400B or so, depending on size and level of cleaning required. That would include all accessible windows, inside and out.

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I dont know about your particular condo building or your particular unit, but in buildings I know of the cleaning charge for an average condo is generally around 300-400B or so, depending on size and level of cleaning required. That would include all accessible windows, inside and out.

Seems expensive, a maid service cleans my house every week and they only charge 400 and it's 220+ sqm and they leave it like brand new

6 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

I think you will find that any service will need permission from the condo council/juristic person to work on condo property. 

This should not be so just for normal cleaning. Permission is usually only required for renovation work, or anything that might affect the common areas. Putting ladders up the outside of the building would probably require permission, but in my condo building all the windows can be cleaned from the inside or the balcony.

Obviously it all rather depends on the layout of the unit.

3 minutes ago, speedtripler said:

Seems expensive, a maid service cleans my house every week and they only charge 400 and it's 220+ sqm and they leave it like brand new

I think that the more you need done the cheaper it gets. I was trying to give a price range for a service from inside a farang building on a one-off basis, such as you might pay for an end-of-rental charge. A regular independent maid service would probably be cheaper as you point out. It also depends on where in Thailand you are, of course.

Thanks everyone for the guidance and information on this. I’ve been quoted THB500.00 to clean the outside of 3 windows and 1 sliding door of ground floor condo (easily accessible) by the condo (owner) maid service. That seems fairly steep to me based on many of your thoughts. East Pattaya location.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

1 hour ago, emafini said:

I’ve been quoted THB500.00 to clean the outside of 3 windows and 1 sliding door of ground floor condo (easily accessible) by the condo (owner) maid service.

That sounds like it might be the rate in that building for cleaning an entire condo unit, including the windows. Though even for that it is rather high as has been discussed.

If you have laundry shops or rental agencies in or near the building you could try asking them directly.