Visa For Thailand!

1 month, 3 months, 1 year, single entrée, multi entrée, O, B, etc etc etc

2 years ago it was already difficult to understand; today it’s so un-understandable that even the embassy’s and consulates are lost! Even the immigration offices in Thailand are not responding everywhere the same!

Maybe it’s time for a reforming, one that’s simple to understand??

What you think??

It's really not that confusing.

If you're a TOURIST, you apply for a TOURIST VISA.

If you're NOT A TOURIST, you apply for a NON-IMMIGRANT visa. Depending on the reason for your stay in Thailand, you apply for a different class of Non-Immigrant visa.

If you are like the vast majority of tourists and you are coming here for one or two weeks, or even - shock! horror! - 4 weeks, and you are from one of the countries for which Thailand has made some allowances, you can get a visa exemption stamp on arrival.

Passport holders from a very, very short list of countries can arrive and then apply for a visa on arrival.

There are a few twists to the above for some people but for the vast majority, that's it.

Obviously, if you are hoping to stay in ANY country for an extended period, immigration usually gets a little bit more complicated than this and a sensible person at least initially seeks the advice of a professional expert who deals with this kind of thing all day long.

Unless you're the kind of person, say, who insists on doing your own dental work. No doubt, there's an online forum full of elite armchair pundits for that hilarious hobby, too.

1 month, 3 months, 1 year, single entrée, multi entrée, O, B, etc etc etc

2 years ago it was already difficult to understand; today it’s so un-understandable that even the embassy’s and consulates are lost! Even the immigration offices in Thailand are not responding everywhere the same!

Maybe it’s time for a reforming, one that’s simple to understand??

What you think??

It all depends on what your needs are and what your qualifications are in regard to your needs.

Maybe that's what's confusing you? :o

The visa rules themselves are all pretty cut and dried despite all the moaning and groaning going on.

Also if you approach Thailand with the attitude that they need to reform, I suspect you have the wrong attitude for Thailand. Try Malaysia they are much more welcoming.

Thailand the Land of xenophobia is not going to reform soon.

You either jump through the hoops with a smile on your face or go somewhere else. :D

Thai visa is the most easiest thing for smart people like me to understand.

................................................................................

"The ebb and flow of the Atlantic tides,

the drift of the continents,

the very position of the sun along its ecliptic.

These are just a few of the things I control in my world"

Is that clear !!!

WE_ZAA

Thai visa is the most easiest thing for smart people like me to understand.

................................................................................

"The ebb and flow of the Atlantic tides,

the drift of the continents,

the very position of the sun along its ecliptic.

These are just a few of the things I control in my world"

Is that clear !!!

WE_ZAA

Ok, if you’re so smart, why is it that in countries like Laos, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, KL, Singapore etc, when you apply for a non o visa the one year, some times they give it-sometimes not?

Obviously, if you are hoping to stay in ANY country for an extended period, immigration usually gets a little bit more complicated than this and a sensible person at least initially seeks the advice of a professional expert who deals with this kind of thing all day long.

More nonsense. Why would you need a "professional expert" to get a visa,?

Do you need your coffee to be labelled "caution hot" too?

Plastic bags to be labeled "this is not a toy for children"?

Certain things are obvious to most people, including walking into an embassy and requesting a visa.

But there is of course one rather large country that seems to be conditioning its people to be sheep without simple ability to think for themselves. Maybe you're one of those?

It's really not that confusing.

If you're NOT A TOURIST, you apply for a NON-IMMIGRANT visa. Depending on the reason for your stay in Thailand, you apply for a different class of Non-Immigrant visa.

If you are like the vast majority of tourists and you are coming here for one or two weeks, or even - shock! horror! - 4 weeks, and you are from one of the countries for which Thailand has made some allowances, you can get a visa exemption stamp on arrival.

Passport holders from a very, very short list of countries can arrive and then apply for a visa on arrival.

There are a few twists to the above for some people but for the vast majority, that's it.

Unless you're the kind of person, say, who insists on doing your own dental work. No doubt, there's an online forum full of elite armchair pundits for that hilarious hobby, too.

:D

Simple.

Pardon me for being cynical but all the above require a FEE, cash bing paid into the Thai government coffers.

Stamp on arrival does not require a FEE.

Does anyone think that maybe the FEE is what is the reason those types of Visa are preferred by the Thai government instead of a stamp on arrival?

Something to think about. I bet just about anybody could get a Visa if they were willing to put the cash out for the FEE.

:o

Certain things are obvious to most people, including walking into an embassy and requesting a visa.

But there is of course one rather large country that seems to be conditioning its people to be sheep without simple ability to think for themselves. Maybe you're one of those?

Why be so coy?

Never miss an opportunity to bash Americans, huh? Frankly, this is getting tiresome. The Americans who have the cajones to become expats in foreign lands are not the stereotyped Americans of your biased imagination.

Instead of bashing us, you should be buying us beers. Have you checked the impotent dollar lately? Your money strong, nothing to you ...

Edited by Jingthing

The visa confusion is the Thai way of preparing you for a stay in their country.

The Thai visa confusion is the Thai way of making sure only the most dedicated and enthusiastic of foreigners stay in their country.

The visa confusion is the Thai way of preparing you for a stay in their country.

The Thai visa confusion is the Thai way of making sure only the most dedicated and enthusiastic of foreigners stay in their country.

Yeah, as long as they've got the dosh too.

Thanks for contributing so constructively to the thread. Do you do Phillings, too?

Immigration often involves more than simply requesting a visa and is not the kind of thing you want to get wrong. That's why immigration lawyers exist and it may be worth consulting with one, instead of relying on the "experts" here, no matter how useful they can be.

Most people wrongly think the people they most have to fear are the police when the taxman and immigration can cause much greater headaches.

My coffee is never hot enough and my plastic bags never contain enough playful children.

I would respectfully submit that this entire section of the ThaiVisa.com forums is fair evidence that certain things are NOT obvious to most people.

And finally, no, maybe I am not one of those Americans but if it makes you happy, you can assume whatever you need to.