Locating To Chiangmai

Halo

• 1 month later...

Verachai Court, Tapae Soi Song or Wiang Inn mansion, near Gas un gow shopping centre. There is a new one near gas un gow however I do not remember the name (shell garage turn right top of that street). 7000 is a lot for a room for one month. A good room is about 4000, but if your to lazy to take a taxi well it will cost ya. Personally being in Falnag town for one week nevermind a month would do my head in! However upto you. :o

Edited by lopburiguy

• 3 weeks later...
Hi 

Locating to Chiang Mai soon, I will be up to have a scout around but would like some input first.

House Prices to Buy or Rent, a house 3/4 Bedroom with a garden for the Bulldog and Cat.

The best area for location, I do not have children so schools are not at the forefront of choice for location.

Also a Hotel for my recce in the next 3 weeks.

All advice will be appreciated.

:o

Try visiting these 2 links:

1. http://www.viangbuamansion-chiangmai.com

2) http://www.koolpuntville.com

• 5 months later...

I just spent 3 months in a great place, Flora House, by the CMU, Lanna Muay Thai training center etc. They haave 1 or 2 bedrooms, we rented the 2 br because we were having family to visit, and it was HUGE! I'd saay at least 1000 squaare feet. Sorry my a key gets stuck. 1 bedrooms are about 8000 bht, 2br wasa 12000. Decent furnishings, great little restaauraaant neaarby, good ambience and the place just llooked nice. I'llattaach aa photo when I get my regular computer baack.

• 4 months later...
Let's bring this topic back to life ...

Any recent recommendations for serviced apartments/ short to medium stay places ?

I have lots of friends staying in Huay Keow Residence, in Huay Keow Rd, just outside the moat (NW corner), next door to Chiang Mai Orchid Hotel (with swimming pool you can use), which in its turn is next door to Central Department store.

And you've got RAM 1, Chiang Mai's best hospital round the corner.

Five condo buildings, very new - one year, I think - no one has any complaints. 25 sq meters is Bt4000/month excluding electricity and water. 45 sq meters I think is something like Bt6500; they have apartments up to Bt20,000 or so. Cable TV included, ADSL Bt200/month.

You can also rent by the day, for around Bt500.

Ormgard/others, any comments on noise levels in the Huay Kaew apartments & the area in general ?

Thanks

Don't rent an apartment overlooking Huay kaew road and you'll be fine.

There are 5 buildings, so you can choose. No prob.

The only rare noise inside the building in my experience, comes from young farangs (sic) in a party mood. Nothing to worry about ,really.

Ormgard/others, any comments on noise levels in the Huay Kaew apartments & the area in general ?

Thanks

Don't rent an apartment overlooking Huay kaew road and you'll be fine.

There are 5 buildings, so you can choose. No prob.

The only rare noise inside the building in my experience, comes from young farangs (sic) in a party mood. Nothing to worry about ,really.

Hello all,Ive been living at Huay Kaew Res. since Nov. 05.and have no complaints whatsoever . The staff in the office,security,and the janitorial and maintenance crews have all been really great. Light bulb went out in our fridge and was replaced post haste. The only noise issues arise mainly from the revving of motorbikes and the occasional tuk tuk in the parking areas late at nite,but I wear earplugs to bed anyway. As to the post above,there arent any apts. here that really overlook Huay Kaew Rd. There's a Shell station and some small storefronts that are on Huay Kaew that offer a "buffer zone" between the street and the apts. but again the louder bikes/tuk tuks on Huay kaew can still be heard,especially late at nite. I did have a letter sent to me that never arrived but whether it was lost by the P.O. or the Huay Kaew staff I dont know..........

just a ton of great information, for someone like me who is moving to chang mai soon this is priceless, could i ask a question thou, if you were single, didnt want to drive, wanted to be close to a fitness center and be close to the bar scene, which of the places mentioned on this thread would you select, this would be considering that all is equal (price, internet access, etc), thanks in advance

jasper

just a ton of great information, for someone like me who is moving to chang mai soon this is priceless, could i ask a question thou, if you were single, didnt want to drive, wanted to be close to a fitness center and be close to the bar scene, which of the places mentioned on this thread would you select, this would be considering that all is equal (price, internet access, etc), thanks in advance

jasper

Huay Keaw Residence is next to the Lotus hotel which has steam and fitness center for 100 baht a day. There are two discos less than a block away. Transportation downtown is 15 baht for the beer bar scene. Tops grocery store in across the street and you can cook on the balcony. An electric wok is 900 baht and the room comes with a refrigerator and microwave.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi

Locating to Chiang Mai soon, I will be up to have a scout around but would like some input first.

House Prices to Buy or Rent, a house 3/4 Bedroom with a garden for the Bulldog and Cat.

The best area for location, I do not have children so schools are not at the forefront of choice for location.

Also a Hotel for my recce in the next 3 weeks.

All advice will be appreciated.

Woa, am I missing something?

This guy has a dog and two cats.

To the best of my knowledge none of the places bieng recommended like Boonhaven, Tawan, etc are going to rent to him with his pets!

I'm moving to CM this month with my two Pekingese and found a condo in the Galae Thong tower that does allow pets. Good luck!

• 4 months later...

Hi

Well this is a few months on - but I found this thread the most useful in my current search for a place for a month's stay. Having eliminated those that didn't fit my needs, and run into a few deadends I am narrowing it down to Huay Keaw Residence, Flora House & Galare Thong Tower - each of which figures above.

I'm looking for internet in the room, space and decent furnishing, proximity of a gym/fitness room, english tv channel, a good shower. Those are my primary requirements.

If possible I'd quite like some cooking facility, and as an unlikely requirement permission to bring my cat.

Any comments from those with knowledge of one or more of those places would be hugely helpful to me as I decide to make my reservation. If nothing else perhaps a tip as to which rooms to ask for or avoid.

Hope someone will pick this up, even though the thread had petered out a while ago. Thanks a lot.

Rented HKRR, but don't know the other apartments.

I agree with everything that has been said so far about it, although if you choose an apartment on the 5th floor or up, noise is not so much an issue, unless you choose the ones that are looking outside the perimeter.

I found the bed a bit too hard for my liking, but then the plastic-like fabric keeps all critters away. For the lower price rooms, no sheets,...

The lower price rooms could use a few posters,... bring or buy some to make it more inviting.

Did not try the ADSL.

Sometimes you can hear the neighbhours.

Security is top notch. Staff is great. Lots of neat restaurants around. Shopping for food and stuff is close. Lots of friendly farangs.

The doors (bottom) let light from the hallway in, so one needs to block it.

My only wish is that their mattresses were not so hard. Maybe I will buy some kind of foam, unless someone can give me another idea (the floor is not an option, BTW :o ).

TV has some Englsih channles as the site states.

The contract was mostly in Thai, but they had some explanations for reg. stuff such as electricity and water consumption. They check at the end for damages and if none, you get your deposit back.

Very straightforward and helpful. Mostly younger Thai.

Edited by MyPenRye

Rented HKRR, but don't know the other apartments.

I agree with everything that has been said so far about it, although if you choose an apartment on the 5th floor or up, noise is not so much an issue, unless you choose the ones that are looking outside the perimeter.

I found the bed a bit too hard for my liking, but then the plastic-like fabric keeps all critters away. For the lower price rooms, no sheets,...

The lower price rooms could use a few posters,... bring or buy some to make it more inviting.

Did not try the ADSL.

Sometimes you can hear the neighbhours.

Security is top notch. Staff is great. Lots of neat restaurants around. Shopping for food and stuff is close. Lots of friendly farangs.

The doors (bottom) let light from the hallway in, so one needs to block it.

My only wish is that their mattresses were not so hard. Maybe I will buy some kind of foam, unless someone can give me another idea (the floor is not an option, BTW :o ).

TV has some Englsih channles as the site states.

The contract was mostly in Thai, but they had some explanations for reg. stuff such as electricity and water consumption. They check at the end for damages and if none, you get your deposit back.

Very straightforward and helpful. Mostly younger Thai.

Thanks a lot for troubling to reply in such detail. Helpful and appreciated.

• 1 year later...

post-56188-1199172889_thumb.jpgBeware of sleeping security guard of Lanna III serivce apartment located on Huay Kaew Road. This morning, 0155 hrs, when I arrived at the entrance of the apartment, the entrance bearer was lowered with the security guard sleeping on duty at the post. I sounded my car horn but to no avail, and shouted for his attention but he was in deep sleep. Few minutes later he look at me and I had to signal to him to raise the bearer bar to allow my car to enter.

When I left the place at about 2am, as epected, he was still in deep sleep with another waiting for him to raise the bar. Why are we paying for security guard to sleep at his post?

I took many photos of him with and without flash light, he never woke up at all.

• 2 years later...