BTS Rabbit Card - can't use credit card anymore?

bbi1

Tried top up my rabbit card at the BTS with the usual credit card minimum of 300 baht and the staff said can't use credit card. have they stopped accepting cards? It has a VISA sticker right on the window of the counter!

They changed the system of the acceptance of cards some months ago, it was well publicised at stations and discussed on this forum at the time.

You can no longer uses credit or debit cards for stored value, basically because the stored value can be spent in numerous outlets and the BTS lose out by paying charges to the card issuer, though you can still use credit and debit cards to pay for the loading of a number of single trips, hence the Visa sticker.

On 11/1/2017 at 12:37 PM, likeke said:

What happened to good old CASH. Try it some time. It still works. 

Yes, to the extent that a number of outlets now offering mobile payments could process half a dozen cash transactions while waiting for one mobile customer to work out what they are supposed to be doing.

On ‎01‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 12:37 PM, likeke said:

What happened to good old CASH. Try it some time. It still works. 

Yes because everyone loves queueing up for change then queuing again to get the ticket. 5 minutes wasted when you can just use a Rabbit card on walk straight through.

On 1 November 2017 at 11:49 AM, ChesneyHawkes said:

One caveat I remember reading was you could pay by cc if loading money on at the same time as adding trips. Haven’t tried this out myself yet though.

I bought 25trips and 500bt with my credit card last week. I think buying trips allows you too also add money from CC. Btw: After 10pm, the CC machines are turned off.

On 11/8/2017 at 9:30 PM, seank said:

I bought 25trips and 500bt with my credit card last week. I think buying trips allows you too also add money from CC. Btw: After 10pm, the CC machines are turned off.

Read post #3, #4, and #5  carefully, then come back and post again.