Several people killed by vehicle on New York City bike path

webfact

Worked in London all my working life, only knew one Muslim and he was a total fanatic, he didn't last long. Very aggressive despite being supposedly educated. I would suggest Muslims being friends with infidels would be not only unlikely but against their own religious rules. Which would probably mean your friends were only pretend Muslims, in the same way we're pretend Christians.

Guess we just mixed in different circles back then (unlike now!). A shared love of cricket back then was an excellent bridgebuilder with the many Indian and Pakistani colleagues who I worked with.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You have to love CNN.  Watching right now and instead of covering the story of a Muslim Terrorist killing people they have spent 30 minutes criticizing Trumps reaction to the terror event never mentioning terror or Muslim.  And they expect people not to notice. 

Edited by amvet

You have to love CNN.  Watching right now and instead of covering the story of a Muslim Terrorist killing people they have spent 30 minutes criticizing Trumps reaction to the terror event never mentioning terror or Muslim.  And they expect people not to notice. 

You don't think Trump's reaction is worth covering? You can always switch to Fox News if you want Trump-friendly coverage.

4 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You don't think Trump's reaction is worth covering? You can always switch to Fox News if you want Trump-friendly coverage.

No I can't.  I would if I could.  I get TrueVisions and CNN and BBC are the only real choices.  Trumps reaction is worth covering but not to the exclusion of the real story. 

No I can't.  I would if I could.  I get TrueVisions and CNN and BBC are the only real choices.  Trumps reaction is worth covering but not to the exclusion of the real story. 

Yes, CNN and BBC World tend to cover the same angles. I dumped Truevisions in January and switched to PulseTV where I get CNN, Fox News, BBC World and BBC News24, RT (for the Russian perspective), Al Jazeera and Sky News.

2 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Yes, CNN and BBC World tend to cover the same angles. I dumped Truevisions in January and switched to PulseTV where I get CNN, Fox News, BBC World and BBC News24, RT (for the Russian perspective), Al Jazeera and Sky News.

Thanks I'll check PulseTV.

22 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

You've got pulse tv, well you have kept that a secret. :smile:

12 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

Wrong. The plan allows up to 50,000 per year, At the beginning it was 55,000 per year. And since the plan began in 1995 and it's been fully subscribed to ever since, we're talking over a million immigrants,

12 hours ago, Kevbo said:

Great idea by the American cops to shoot the <deleted> in the abdomen, keep him alive but in pain. They get to interrogate him and no martyrdom. Take note UK plod ....

You are correct about the Diversity Immigration Visa Program numbers.  Serves me right for listening to major media broadcast news (ABC).

So far it doesn't sound like he was part of a cell or other "group" of conspirators, but acting entirely alone (although I think there is a second somebody the cops or the FBI is interrogating).  It's being reported that he took all his cues from ISIS material online via social media (I think it was the NYC Police Commissioner who stated for the cameras that he was following an ISIS online "how-to" almost to the letter in carrying out his planning and attack, with over a thousand ISIS videos found on his phone as well). Assuming that's true, the world would've been better off if the cops had just killed him, though the thought of his being left in great pain IS gratifying (unfortunately, the hospital is probably pumping him up with painkillers).   Heaven forbid he should be sent to GITMO, but if he has to stay on U.S. soil, I think he'd make a great dummy for use in bayonet practice (do they still do that?).   Maybe the nation's leading knife-makers could test out their edges on his throat.   Or we could lend him to Thailand for some soi dog untreated rabies research.

I note that some people are complaining about the media, which is completely off-topic.   The same people seem to wish to post about the media not covering the story, but those posters also aren't commenting on the story.

One post removed.   Continue at your own peril. 

On 01/11/2017 at 11:41 PM, katana said:
On 01/11/2017 at 1:21 PM, Skeptic7 said:

Don't stereotype! :post-4641-1156693976:

asshole.jpg.01662ac8c47cfcafeeefe058eccd4fd6.jpg

Sayfullo (Saifullah) Saipov
Apparently in standard Arabic, “Sword of Allah,” comes out as “Saifullah,” and Sayfullo is a transliterated form of that word in English.
I guess on reflection when US Immigration allowed him in in 2010, there were clues as to what might happen.

The New Jersey mosque Saipov went to has been under investigation since 2005.
The name of the mosque is Omar mosque. You can see this on the sign of the mosque, written in English letters. However, under the English name is its name in Arabic letters: Omar Ibn Kattab Mosque. Omar Ibn Khattab was a 7th Century Jihadi warlord and contemporary of Muhammed.

Edited by katana

8 minutes ago, katana said:

Australian Imam wrote to New York mayor after witnessing 'alarming rise in Islamic extremism' in the city before latest attack - but claims he was ignored

Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5041479/Imam-Tawhidi-warned-New-York-Mayor-Blasio-terror-attack.html

Umar (/ˈmɑːr/), also spelled Omar (/ˈmɑːr/; Arabic: عمر بن الخطاب ‎, translit. ʿUmar ibn Al-Khaṭṭāb, lit. 'Umar, Son of Al-Khattab'‎; c. 584 CE – 3 November 644 CE), was one of the most powerful and influential Muslim caliphs in history.[6]...He was an expert Muslim jurist known for his pious and just nature, which earned him the epithet Al-Farooq ("the one who distinguishes (between right and wrong)")...According to Jewish tradition, Umar set aside the Christian ban on Jews and allowed them into Jerusalem and to worship.[9

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Umar

Many times. Why?

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just that I am reflecting on your comment earlier about go and live in a Muslim country ... Well I have worked and lived in Malaysia and never had any problems with any Muslims. Sure the country have had issues between the Chines ( minority) and Muslims ... But considering the large mix of religions that you find in that country. They get on rather well as far as I can make out. Or maybe your experience in that Muslim country is different?

Just that I am reflecting on your comment earlier about go and live in a Muslim country ... Well I have worked and lived in Malaysia and never had any problems with any Muslims. Sure the country have had issues between the Chines ( minority) and Muslims ... But considering the large mix of religions that you find in that country. They get on rather well as far as I can make out. Or maybe your experience in that Muslim country is different?

I agree with you. I was saying that not every Muslim is a crazy terrorist, which is what many people believe.

5 hours ago, katana said:

Australian Imam wrote to New York mayor after witnessing 'alarming rise in Islamic extremism' in the city before latest attack - but claims he was ignored

Continued: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5041479/Imam-Tawhidi-warned-New-York-Mayor-Blasio-terror-attack.html

Kind of irrelevant. The terrorist had been living mostly in Tampa Florida and got radicalized on the internet.