Tragic death of the Thai student who wanted to be white

webfact

Tragic death of the Thai student who wanted to be white

3pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Thai Rath reported on the death of a fourth year student at a Chonburi university who was obsessed with white skin.

Sri Racha police found 23 year old Athiwat Thongleua dead face down next to the TV in a town house where he lived.

Blood was coming from his nose and mouth and he had been dead for at least five hours.

There was no sign of a struggle. A food supplement was on the coffee table next to the television.

His mother had returned home late morning and found her son.

She told reporters that her son was obsessed with being white and she believed he had taken too many drugs to achieve this and had had a heart attack.

The body was sent for autopsy but the relatives were happy there had been no foul play and were preparing for the funeral.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-01

1 hour ago, webfact said:

The body was sent for autopsy but the relatives were happy there had been no foul play and were preparing for the funeral.

Pleased to hear that there will at least be an autopsy, 'cause there's never been a case where the family was complicit in a murder. 

Probably, it's a tragedy as reported.  But on the outside chance that something else has happened, a full investigation is a good idea.

9 minutes ago, impulse said:

Pleased to hear that there will at least be an autopsy, 'cause there's never been a case where the family was complicit in a murder. 

Probably, it's a tragedy as reported.  But on the outside chance that something else has happened, a full investigation is a good idea.

Indeed, another possibility is the family know the real reason and do not wish it to be known publicly so draw a line. e.g. illegal drug use, suicide, etc.

45 minutes ago, marquis22 said:

Similar (or opposite) to Aussie chicks sunbathing for hours wanting a tanned skin and ending up with skin cancer ( or/and wrinkled skin).

In Australia sunbeds have been banned following a campaign led by a young woman who was diagnosed with, and later died of,  malignant melanoma attributed to over use of sun tanning salons.

35 minutes ago, fantom said:

In Australia sunbeds have been banned following a campaign led by a young woman who was diagnosed with, and later died of,  malignant melanoma attributed to over use of sun tanning salons.

011117_195223.jpg.00c38853abc007f47cfd3cf7c9f880ce.jpg

Edited by marquis22
remove unnecessary comment

8 hours ago, isitworthit said:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Its one of the hardest things to go through 

losing a Child my deepest sympathy to your family 

Yes people forget Thais are human beings just like us. Good to see some kind words

Did the poor chap overhear some mindless white supremacists claiming superiority of white skinned...?

Asian society and the cult of white skinned in Asia is the first culprit in the tragic death of the poor boy...

RIP to his soul and to his family.

Edited by observer90210

Whatever the facts of this case, it's a reminder of how cosmetic companies are making billions promoting the idea that white is good, and you'll feel a whole lot better if you just buy their skin-whitening products -- at 7/11, or just about anywhere, really. I think those companies have a lot to answer for. 

14 hours ago, marquis22 said:

Similar (or opposite) to Aussie chicks sunbathing for hours wanting a tanned skin and ending up with skin cancer ( or/and wrinkled skin).

It' s difficult to say which is more stupid.

Relying on the say so of the mother/family seems to me to be negligent on the part of the police.

14 hours ago, fantom said:

?

is this real?

6 hours ago, dundas said:

Whatever the facts of this case, it's a reminder of how cosmetic companies are making billions promoting the idea that white is good, and you'll feel a whole lot better if you just buy their skin-whitening products -- at 7/11, or just about anywhere, really. I think those companies have a lot to answer for. 

The companies are supplying the demand that already exists, they didn't create the demand. White skin is a sign that you don't work out in the fields as a labourer.

On 01/11/2017 at 4:24 PM, isitworthit said:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Its one of the hardest things to go through 

losing a Child my deepest sympathy to your family 

Who, exactly, are you saying this to?  Do you really think the family are members of this forum??

Edited by tryasimight

18 hours ago, manarak said:

?

is this real?

I can attest to spreading malignent melanoma as I'm  a survivor of 12 years and counting. 

Mine was where the sun don't shine as are many other peoples.....know the parents if one girl who died aged 19 ....melanoma in the roof of her mouth and subsequently spread.  Terrible cancer..... One of the worst if no diagnosed early. 

Edited by tryasimight

On 11/1/2017 at 7:09 PM, observer90210 said:

Did the poor chap overhear some mindless white supremacists claiming superiority of white skinned...?

Asian society and the cult of white skinned in Asia is the first culprit in the tragic death of the poor boy...

RIP to his soul and to his family.

For gods sake look at the local tv and paper adverts, the idea originated here, it all about the money from the sales that goes to Thai company's who promote the creams and pocket the cash from the product that is made here

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Who, exactly, are you saying this to?  Do you really think the family are members of this forum??

I was making a statement to the forum.

that everyone is someone's child 

No one person just expressing my thoughts 

I thought it was a forum were comments were welcomed 

7 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I can attest to spreading malignent melanoma as I'm  a survivor of 12 years and counting. 

Mine was where the sun don't shine as are many other peoples.....know the parents if one girl who died aged 19 ....melanoma in the roof of her mouth and subsequently spread.  Terrible cancer..... One of the worst if no diagnosed early. 

I don't want to belittle a serious cancer diseases and the related suffering, yet I guess you had not "abused" sun tanning salons ?

Why is one case of unreasonable abuse that resulted in death leading to a ban ?

People die every day from various seemingly harmless causes, yet neither bretzels nor sex, drinking water or thrilling amusement rides have been banned ?

On 11/1/2017 at 3:31 PM, marquis22 said:

Hello marquis22, I don't believe sunbathing causes skin cancer, if it does then all those fishermen in southeast Asia would be dead. Some of these fishermen have really burnt skin and thick too. They don't get skin cancer. Go to the philippines you see them, in Malaysia you see them, all over S.E.Asia.

Skin cancer i believe comes from those suntan oil and cream that all these farangs are using.

16 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

For gods sake look at the local tv and paper adverts, the idea originated here, it all about the money from the sales that goes to Thai company's who promote the creams and pocket the cash from the product that is made here

Ok I will look but only because it is you and for god's sake - take care.

On 02/11/2017 at 3:53 AM, seahorse said:

The companies are supplying the demand that already exists, they didn't create the demand. White skin is a sign that you don't work out in the fields as a labourer.

Exactly. Just as in Europe, by displaying a brown or tanned skin can mean you just returned from a hot holiday in Pattaya !!

4 hours ago, madusa said:

Hello marquis22, I don't believe sunbathing causes skin cancer, if it does then all those fishermen in southeast Asia would be dead. Some of these fishermen have really burnt skin and thick too. They don't get skin cancer. Go to the philippines you see them, in Malaysia you see them, all over S.E.Asia.

Skin cancer i believe comes from those suntan oil and cream that all these farangs are using.

Totally wrong

15 hours ago, manarak said:

I don't want to belittle a serious cancer diseases and the related suffering, yet I guess you had not "abused" sun tanning salons ?

Why is one case of unreasonable abuse that resulted in death leading to a ban ?

People die every day from various seemingly harmless causes, yet neither bretzels nor sex, drinking water or thrilling amusement rides have been banned ?

True I have never been in  a solarium in my life but the evidence is overwhelming..... For white skinned Caucasians ultra violet  light is bad. 

On 11/2/2017 at 8:35 PM, wakeupplease said:

You are already bombarded by "snail white" commercials when landing on Suvanabuhmi airport. That should be the first time one would notice it.