Nationwide Building Society UK - Sending money to Thailand

Just now, Phuket Man said:

I stopped transferring from Nationwide a couple of years ago after I realised it was costing me around £50 after HSBC added their cut.

Transferwise is much cheaper.

@Phuket Man

I don't mean to sound arrogant but to be honest rates and charges don't really bother me too much...I mean I do care. But what I care most is the efficiency and the fact that my money arrives when it's supposed to arrive.

But yeah you're right. Nationwide is more expensive and by them using a third party 'Agent', not so efficient.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, kamma said:

The payee (recipient) who happens to be Thailand Elite (yes that was what the payment was for) refuses to simply understand this and just keeps stating that the money hasn't arrived in their account yet.

I've kept telling them that they need to be proactive and confirm the incoming payment, as Nationwide has instructed me to tell them, but Thailand Elite keeps repeating, '...money not yet arrived into our account...'?!

Therefore, I can't be asked to deal with this back and forth.

I've simply instructed Nationwide to recall my money...and I'll reconsider what I'll do with the cash once it gets back into my account.

I would have taken the complaint higher up with TE before telling Nationwide the take the money back. Much higher up if necessary.

@KittenKong

You know what Kitten I was thinking exactly that...albeit after I had instructed Nationwide to make the recall. Just to let TE know that the laziness or incompetence of one of their sales reps had maybe cost them a potential customer?

Sometimes I wonder though, if they even care? Thailand is so flooded with foreign cash these days they seem to think there is an endless supply.

7 hours ago, kamma said:

You know what Kitten I was thinking exactly that...albeit after I had instructed Nationwide to make the recall. Just to let TE know that the laziness or incompetence of one of their sales reps had maybe cost them a potential customer?

Sometimes I wonder though, if they even care?

I dont think that many Thais care about anything at all, but as a true Brit I feel it's my duty to complain.

Archived