Tourism ministry request Thai Hoteliers' Association to warn tourists about dangerous seas

webfact

Tourism ministry request Thai Hoteliers' Association to warn tourists about dangerous seas

3pm.jpg

File photo

Sophon TV reported on Facebook that the Ministry for Tourism and Sports had asked the Eastern Seaboard Hoteliers' Association to warn tourists in Pattaya and other resorts about possible injury and loss of life.

Reporting the "cooperation" request Sophon said that warnings of two meter high seas and heavy rain had come from the Met Office as the latest storm was ready to hit.

Concerned officials at the Ministry asked hotels to warn tourists to wear life jackets on boats as well as when entering the sea to swim.

And they were told to implore tourists not to swim when red flags were flying.

Beach hotels were asked to be especially vigilant in giving warnings to their guests.

Sanphet Suphabuansathian confirmed that the request had been made to the members of his association.

Sophon did not comment as to whether the Tourism Ministry were actively involved in warning visitors themselves.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-11-02

12 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Maybe they could also give a little mention that the traffic and driving over here can be a tad dangerous also ?

1 hour ago, toofarnorth said:

Oh and while they are at it have mention , Ladyboys, gold snatchers , price hikes , etc. We are talking about Patts. The sea is not the only risky thing going on.

Oh and no matter what they do, posters will give them no credit and simply point their fingers elsewhere. Let's add in the lists here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1003422-i-tried-livng-very-cheap-for-1-month/?do=findComment&comment=12390431

11 hours ago, Get Real said:

Maybe TAT could think about to mention that on their own website to lead by example.

But nobody's looking at the TAT website (have you?) and lists of warnings obviously aren't in the purview. Asian tourists read a brochure and mongers read Money Number One, if they can read. That's about it. Oh--and there's TVF of course. (See lists of dangers and annoyances above.)

1 hour ago, JSixpack said:

Oh and no matter what they do, posters will give them no credit and simply point their fingers elsewhere. Let's add in the lists here:

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/1003422-i-tried-livng-very-cheap-for-1-month/?do=findComment&comment=12390431

But nobody's looking at the TAT website (have you?) and lists of warnings obviously aren't in the purview. Asian tourists read a brochure and mongers read Money Number One, if they can read. That's about it. Oh--and there's TVF of course. (See lists of dangers and annoyances above.)

Yes I have, and I actually think your "nobody looking at" is a fiction made up of your own imagination. It might also be that you have been affected of all the crap that is posted here.

Edited by Get Real

3 hours ago, Get Real said:

Yes I have, and I actually think your "nobody looking at" is a fiction made up of your own imagination. It might also be that you have been affected of all the crap that is posted here.

OK, that's one person claiming so anyway. :smile: Would the warning do you any good? It'd be helpful if you gave us the sites of other countries' official tourist authority sites that list warnings about dangers for tourists in their countries. I mean, here's a UK site https://www.visitbritain.com/gb/en that doesn't seem to have any warning about avoiding possible terrorist attacks or any other dangers. Isn't that strange? What comparable examples are you going by to suggest TAT should put up warnings on its site?

That's an idea, though. TAT: TVF should put up an alternative site with the TRUTH about everything, what the TAT site should be. No tourists, pollution, rats, corruption, potholes, etc. Could put these lists of horrors right on the homepage:

Edited by JSixpack

9 hours ago, JSixpack said:

OK, that's one person claiming so anyway. :smile: Would the warning do you any good? It'd be helpful if you gave us the sites of other countries' official tourist authority sites that list warnings about dangers for tourists in their countries. I mean, here's a UK site https://www.visitbritain.com/gb/en that doesn't seem to have any warning about avoiding possible terrorist attacks or any other dangers. Isn't that strange? What comparable examples are you going by to suggest TAT should put up warnings on its site?

That's an idea, though. TAT: TVF should put up an alternative site with the TRUTH about everything, what the TAT site should be. No tourists, pollution, rats, corruption, potholes, etc. Could put these lists of horrors right on the homepage:

Don´t turn things around as you wish. Just doesn´t work on me.
Then you really should consider how many other countries go out asing other companies, cities, organisations or authorities to do their work.

By the way. The link you try to promote yourself with in every post is totally irrelevant.

Edited by Get Real

1 hour ago, Get Real said:

Don´t turn things around as you wish. Just doesn´t work on me.

I'll concede that logic doesn't work on you. You're in the right place.

Then you really should consider how many other countries go out asing other companies, cities, organisations or authorities to do their work.

Then you really should consider how many other countries go out "asing" a TVF Poster to do their work, too, however important he considers himself. Then the last shred of doubt is removed that your call for TAT to put a particular warning about Pattaya on its website is the usual patronizing silliness.

By the way. The link you try to promote yourself with in every post is totally irrelevant.

Totally relevant. Go big or go home, man. If we're gonna put one warning right on the TVF website--yours--why not put them all, not just the one you prefer? We've just in this thread had calls that TAT should warn about driving, traffic, and

16 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

Oh and while they are at it have mention , Ladyboys, gold snatchers , price hikes , etc. We are talking about Patts. The sea is not the only risky thing going on.

But those are just the tip of the iceberg, right? Hence I collected quite a few over the years from our concerned posters--who'd love to see those on the TAT site as well. Calling it self-promotion on my part to avoid a logical reply on yours works for you, though. :smile:

Edited by JSixpack