God (guys On Display)

bibendum

Has anyone been to the new gay disco in Soi Freemans?.

It's called GOD (Guys on Display) and the sound system, DJ's and music are the best I've heard in Bangkok. I went last Saturday at about 3.00am after DJ's closed and there must have been about 200 other guys in there. We left at about 5.00am and it was still pumping.

Not sure if it's going to replace DJ's as the place to be but it's going to be the new after-hours disco for sure.

Are we so excited about the latest gay club in town that we don't care (or don't notice) that the club's name may be highly offensive to many people for whom dancing till dawn is not their life's mission?

who? The Grand Order of Dorks? I don't know who else uses the initials G.O.D. - or am I just not politically correct enough?

but you are lucky, I have found iGod and repented for all my sins!

bkkguy

Edited by bkkguy1970

Are we so excited about the latest gay club in town that we don't care (or don't notice) that the club's name may be highly offensive to many people for whom dancing till dawn is not their life's mission?

who? The Grand Order of Dorks? I don't know who else uses the initials G.O.D. - or am I just not politically correct enough?

bkkguy

Guys On Display was meant to be provocative by being offensive. Open a club called "Boys Using Drop Dead Horny Attitude" and see how fast the police show up to close it down.

in Soi Freeman? may be i will go there with friends :o

Oh, I ... Ohhh I ... I love the nightlife,

I got to boogie on the disco 'round, oh yea.

Espada, I'm with you on this one. Let's boogie from dusk until dawn and those who wish to can stay at home and read the B.I.B.L.E.

bkkguy

Guys On Display was meant to be provocative by being offensive. Open a club called "Boys Using Drop Dead Horny Attitude" and see how fast the police show up to close it down.

To the best of my knowledge there are 7 bars named Buddha Bar or some derivative in Thailand ... the name of the place is G. O. D. not God ... relax (plus the Christians are not the only monotheists around)

in Soi Freeman? may be i will go there with friends :D

Oh, I ... Ohhh I ... I love the nightlife,

I got to boogie on the disco 'round, oh yea.

Espada, I'm with you on this one. Let's boogie from dusk until dawn and those who wish to can stay at home and read the B.I.B.L.E.

thanks man! party plan changed, we went to DJ instead. Lucky me, I found my old friend from Amsterdam :D Big Hugs :o

So where does one go now for after hours fun like what Freemans had?

From a friend who likes late night parties; the news is that it's back to 2.00am closing everywhere.

The closing times being enforced by police since Monday night (5 Feb) have DJ's closing promptly at 2.00am and G.O.D not being able to open.

I must stress that this news is second hand and I won't get a chance to check myself until the weekend.

Can anyone confirm?

From a friend who likes late night parties; the news is that it's back to 2.00am closing everywhere.

The closing times being enforced by police since Monday night (5 Feb) have DJ's closing promptly at 2.00am and G.O.D not being able to open.

I must stress that this news is second hand and I won't get a chance to check myself until the weekend.

Can anyone confirm?

What about Soi 6? and there are always the usual karaokes doing lock in and where you can have a lot of fun.

[sandy]

Can anyone confirm?

Bars are still open late

out of curiousity is the owner of G.O.D. the same stupid guy who bought Freeman from Andy and destroyed the best ladyboy show in Bangkok? or was it bought and sold again..remodeled a second time and opened as G.O.D.

new folks again I believe ....

and your 'best ladyboy show' title would certainly be arguable! But Freeman 3.5 years ago was far different than just before it sold a year ago or so .... the show had died and was put in a shallow grave ... and the audience had left. the place was a graveyard!