Best wood fired Napoli style pizza in town

torrzent

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, torrzent said:

What about buying this bargain as a take-away, bringing it home and adding some ingredients?  Maybe a budget way to get the job done?

Their policy is that the promotion is strictly for eating in only.

Which makes sense as they're hoping people will buy drinks and maybe even other dishes. 

18 hours ago, oldhippy said:

We went to Napels / Pompeii last year.

First thing we noticed were huge pizzas with XXL crust borders and very little topping.

8 euro if I remember well.

didn't know that. pizza nearby Rome lots of topping and narrow crust border. 8 euros for huge napoli pizza ok.

On 11/4/2017 at 11:44 AM, champers said:

If you are looking for a crispy bottom try Bella Italia on 2nd Rd, near the sauna opposite Soi 6, or their smaller outlet; Little Bella Italia; on Soi 31 off Naklua Rd. Prices from around 200 Baht with a wide choice of toppings.

Very nice pizzas.

I happen to enjoy good examples of many different styles of pizza. That's the key -- good examples.

I've had good New York, Chicago, California, Argentinian, various styles of Italian, and even, Philadelphia style. Weirdly, I've never had a really great Chicago style outside of Chicago. 

I think it would be snobby to say, I only like Napoli style done in Naples. The pizza world is so much bigger than that. 

2 minutes ago, torrzent said:

another punter says they don't....which is correct?

The point is, dude, that the promotion price is for eating in only. If you want to take it out, or get it delivered, you will get charged the NORMAL menu price which is much higher, as are all the other pizzas on their menu, even eating in. Duh. This ain't rocket science. 

some pretty strict certification standards

https://www.thespruce.com/what-is-neapolitan-pizza-2708762

Official Certification

The Associazione Verace Pizza Napoletana (VPN) was founded in 1984 in Naples, Italy to certify pizzerias that use the proper ancient artisan traditions of authentic Neapolitan pizza. They have several requirements (see below) that must be met to gain certification, which must be applied for by a restaurant. They now also have an American branch and there are currently a few hundred restaurants in Italy and around the world that are VPN certified.

Authentic Neapolitan Pizza Requirements

An authentic Neapolitan pizza has a crust made from a dough that is made with highly refined Italian type 0 or 00 wheat flour (read more about flour types), Neapolitan or fresh brewer’s yeast (not dry yeast), water and salt. The dough must be kneaded by hand or with a low-speed mixer and formed by hand, without the help of a rolling pin. The dough is topped with raw, pureed San Marzano tomatoes from Italy, fior di latte, which is mozzarella cheese made from cow’s milk, or mozzarella di Bufala, which is mozzarella cheese made from the milk of water buffalos, usually raised in the Campania and Lazio marshlands in Italy. It's topped off with fresh basil and extra-virgin olive oil. The ingredients must be all-natural and fresh.

The pizza is baked for 60-90 seconds (baking time cannot exceed 90 seconds) in a minimum 800 F stone oven with a wood fire.

2 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

The point is, dude, that the promotion price is for eating in only. If you want to take it out, or get it delivered, you will get charged the NORMAL menu price which is much higher, as are all the other pizzas on their menu, even eating in. Duh. This ain't rocket science. 

Apparently for you it is!  What if you eat a piece in house and then decide to take the rest away in a doggie bag.....are they gonna tackle you at the door!

Just now, torrzent said:

Apparently for you it is!  What if you eat a piece in house and then decide to take the rest away in a doggie bag.....are they gonna tackle you at the door!

They won't give you a doggie bag according to their policy. They are quite small anyway. If you want to try carrying it out with your own bag, I don't know, why don't you try it and report back. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

They won't give you a doggie bag according to their policy. They are quite small anyway. If you want to try carrying it out with your own bag, I don't know, why don't you try it and report back. 

Sounds like a dangerous mission...maybe have to put on my ninja outfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_JRjJtNSw

7 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Sounds like a dangerous mission...maybe have to put on my ninja outfit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TH_JRjJtNSw

Honestly, the staff doesn't have much incentive to care. It's a business policy so unless there is a hard nosed manager on duty, I suppose you could order a whole pizza, place the entire thing in your own bag, and ask for the bill. You technically sat down and ordered it there. That would obviously be a skirting of their policy, but a staff member would have to care enough to make a scene about it to stop you. It's not something I would ever try but you may just have found a possible loophole. Enjoy. 

On the other hand, such a game could easily backfire. You do that and then they would be within their rights to present you with a bill for the full regular price of that pizza. Then you'd have a scene. Do you pay it or take the pizza out of your bag and start eating it, demanding a correct bill. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I suppose you could order a whole pizza, place the entire thing in your own bag, and ask for the bill. You technically sat down and ordered it there.

The deal is "eat-in", not "order-in". So I would say that would not work. Not that it's something I would try either. If I was there and had the hot pizza on a plate in front of me then I would just eat it!

I happen to enjoy good examples of many different styles of pizza. That's the key -- good examples.

I've had good New York, Chicago, California, Argentinian, various styles of Italian, and even, Philadelphia style. Weirdly, I've never had a really great Chicago style outside of Chicago. 

I think it would be snobby to say, I only like Napoli style done in Naples. The pizza world is so much bigger than that. 

Have you tried Turkish pide?

Similar to pizza, but different shape and lots of fetta, very crunchy (available in Thailand???).

Not to be confused with imitation Italian pizza made by Turks.....

1 minute ago, oldhippy said:

Have you tried Turkish pide?

Similar to pizza, but different shape and lots of fetta, very crunchy (available in Thailand???).

Not to be confused with imitation Italian pizza made by Turks.....

Yes, of course I've had Turkish pide. I don't really think of that as pizza though. 

4 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

The deal is "eat-in", not "order-in". So I would say that would not work. Not that it's something I would try either. If I was there and had the hot pizza on a plate in front of me then I would just eat it!

Yeah I agree it would be a blatant attempt at skirting their rules, but on the other hand if someone tried it, it would take effort for a waiter to confront such a game player, and I reckon sometimes they would just let it go. 

Honestly, the staff doesn't have much incentive to care. It's a business policy so unless there is a hard nosed manager on duty, I suppose you could order a whole pizza, place the entire thing in your own bag, and ask for the bill. You technically sat down and ordered it there. That would obviously be a skirting of their policy, but a staff member would have to care enough to make a scene about it to stop you. It's not something I would ever try but you may just have found a possible loophole. Enjoy. 

On the other hand, such a game could easily backfire. You do that and then they would be within their rights to present you with a bill for the full regular price of that pizza. Then you'd have a scene. Do you pay it or take the pizza out of your bag and start eating it, demanding a correct bill. 

OK then, what about bringing some of your own ingredients and adding them on top....would this get around the policy?

2 minutes ago, torrzent said:

OK then, what about bringing some of your own ingredients and adding them on top....would this get around the policy?

You're not serious but generally all restaurants have policies about not being allowed to bring in your own food, especially if they sell the same food, which they do as they sell pizza toppings on other pizzas. 

Same issue though, if they saw you doing that, would they care enough to confront you?

Edited by Jingthing

3 minutes ago, torrzent said:

And bring your own wine? / a termos bottle of coffee?

(like going to a brothel together with your wife?)

4 minutes ago, oldhippy said:

And bring your own wine? / a termos bottle of coffee?

(like going to a brothel together with your wife?)

Yeah and why stop there?
For the dude that wants to bring in his own toppings so he can get the cheap pizza deal and not pay for a pizza with toppings, surely they wouldn't object to him bringing in his own at table large TOASTER OVEN so that he could cook the toppings on the pizza. I'm sure no problem being provided access to a power plug for that as well. Restaurants are there to please the customers, after all!