Best wood fired Napoli style pizza in town

torrzent

3 minutes ago, torrzent said:

Tried the Drifters recommendation.  Thanks to the poster for the tip!

You're welcome.  I had a pizza from Bacco Beach last week.  If you are in the area, you might check it out.  Lovely Italian restaurant.  Quite a dramatic entrance!  Just down the beach from Drifters.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have well established yet whether the OP wants to buy a pizza like they make in Naples, say, a margarita or a  a pizza al funghi , or even a  pizza quattro stagioni.

Or does he wish to find  pizza napoletana, which is a type of pizza not a location of its preparation.

Edited by VocalNeal

20 hours ago, Jingthing said:

They won't give you a doggie bag according to their policy. They are quite small anyway. If you want to try carrying it out with your own bag, I don't know, why don't you try it and report back. 

I had never seen anyone ask for a bag until I came to Thailand. Seems sort of 'impolite' to me but no great shakes.

• 1 month later...

After much ado, time to defib. this topic with relavent info.  Hopefully the usual trolls, won't derail it again

http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/lifestyle/food/635800/naples-pizza-wins-big-here-s-the-recipe/story/

Naples pizza wins big: Here’s the recipe

Published December 7, 2017 10:06pm

By ELLA IDE, Agence France-Presse

A pizza maker prepares a pizza on December 6, 2017 at the pizzeria Sorbillo in Naples. Tiziana Fabi/AFP

NAPLES, Italy — The art of Neapolitan pizza making has joined UNESCO's list of "intangible heritage."

For those unable to pop to the city at the foot of Vesuvius for a slice, here's how to make the real thing:

Follow in the steps of the famed Brandi pizzeria in Naples, which claims to have be home to the "pizzaiuolo" who made the tomato, mozzarella and basil classic for Queen Margherita in 1889.

The traditional recipe, as given by 27-year old Gennaro Sarnelli from Brandi, for a pizza party of 8.

Ingredients for the dough:

1 liter of water

1,700 grams of flour

2 grams of yeast

60 grams of salt

Each topping—Italian tomato sauce, buffalo mozzarella and freshly picked basil—gets 60 grams of salt as well.

Dissolve the salt in the water (which must be at room temperature), then add the yeast, dissolving it in slowly by hand. Add the flour a bit at a time, until the mixture is solid enough to begin kneading.

Leave the dough to rise for 12 hours (in an area with a temperature around 20 degrees Centigrade, 60 degrees Fahrenheit).

Divide it into eight cakes, and leave them to rest for another 12 hours.

Stretch out each pizza, flipping the dough and using the palm of the hand to hit the sides to make it wider. This will push air towards the edges and create the pizza's distinctive raised border.

Spread the sauce on the pizza, then add the cheese and the basil.

Cook them in a wood-fired oven at 485 degrees Centigrade for between 60 and 90 seconds.

Serve with a nice glass of Aglianico wine from the Campania region.

A waiter serves pizza Margherita at L'Antica Pizzeria da Michele in Naples, Italy December 6, 2017. REUTERS/Ciro De Luca

— AFP