A quiet coffee bar/restaurant near Terminal 21

xerostar

Diagonally across from Terminal 21, off the skywalk is Exchange Tower.  "Chu" just inside the skywalk entrance has great food and coffee/tea beverages. Nice atmosphere. Bit on the expensive side and busy at lunch time.

The Starbucks in the building lobby is quiet enough for conversation but often difficult to find open seats.

Around the corner of Asok, about 150 yards down is a Black Canyon that has nice indoor and outdoor seating.

Edited by dddave

I came to suggest the Black Canyon, and then I see it has already been done for me, so I will second it.  That one is a pretty location; the back wall is a glass window overlooking a mini garden.  (I'm not sure how busy it is, as I've only been there once or twice, but it didn't seem loud when I did go.)

20 hours ago, xerostar said:

Can anyone suggest a quiet coffee bar/restaurant near Terminal 21 where I could meet friends for conversation. I did try Terminal 21 but the noise was deafening and not conducive to polite conversation.

Bitter Brown is very pleasant, across the road from T21. Keep your conversational voice down, very quiet in there! 

Also Holly's at soi 15, a decent Starbucks at soi 12, plenty of options in the area. 

A nice  place with great coffee and a small lunch menu is On Nineteen coffee shop.   It's located on soi 19 about 150m  down the soi from Terminal 21 on the left side next to a 7 Eleven, right before you get to the Honey Hotel.

23 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Bitter Brown is very pleasant, across the road from T21. Keep your conversational voice down, very quiet in there! 

I've had several appointments in Asok Court where Bitter Brown is located. It looks quite attractive.

The chalkboard menu outside displayed mostly pasta dishes and salads for reasonable prices.  It must be quiet as there never seems to be anybody inside.

How is the food there and what do they have besides pasta and salads?

"Bitter Brown" is not the most inviting of restaurant names

15 hours ago, dddave said:

I've had several appointments in Asok Court where Bitter Brown is located. It looks quite attractive.

The chalkboard menu outside displayed mostly pasta dishes and salads for reasonable prices.  It must be quiet as there never seems to be anybody inside.

How is the food there and what do they have besides pasta and salads?

"Bitter Brown" is not the most inviting of restaurant names

I've not tried the food, but the place seems to have good reviews. There's a fair few items on the menu, fish and chicken etc, so pretty sure you could get a decent lunch. Nice ambience in there, spacious and tastefully decorated. I guess it's quiet mostly because it's not in an obvious location. 

The New Yorker Cafe on the first floor of a small hotel next door to Exchange Tower has excellent food and coffee and is open 24 hours. And since it is located in a hotel it serves liquor 24 hours a day also.