Returning to Thailand

I will going to Australia later this month and returning to Thailand in December through Phuket Airport,i have a retirement extension and a single entry permit,will i have to show any money or sourses of income on arrival? Thanks

35 minutes ago, robblok said:

I am not sure others will come along soon.. but if its single entry you lose the visa once you leave Thailand. If you want to keep it make it multi entry before leaving. 

Glad I saw it this thread. Am I reading this correctly? 

What the point of getting a single re entry if you end up losing the retirement extension anyway 

I have to go os soon and on retirement extension 

1 hour ago, grego49 said:

i have a retirement extension and a single entry permit,

42 minutes ago, robblok said:

but if its single entry you lose the visa once you leave Thailand

4 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

a single re entry

RE entry permit is correct term, I have not heard of anyone on a non o being asked for the funds.

31 minutes ago, InMyShadow said:

What the point of getting a single re entry if you end up losing the retirement extension anyway 

If you have a retirement extension, and a valid single or multiple entry reentry permit, you are fine.

The OP probably caused confusion by referring to "retirement visa", though in context I am pretty sure he also has an "extension".

2 hours ago, grego49 said:

I will going to Australia later this month and returning to Thailand in December through Phuket Airport,i have a retirement extension and a single entry permit,will i have to show any money or sourses of income on arrival? Thanks

No. There is no requirement if re-entering with a re-entry permit.

31 minutes ago, BritTim said:

The OP probably caused confusion by referring to "retirement visa", though in context I am pretty sure he also has an "extension".

2 hours ago, grego49 said:

i have a retirement extension and a single entry permit

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, robblok said:

I am not sure others will come along soon.. but if its single entry you lose the visa once you leave Thailand. If you want to keep it make it multi entry before leaving. 

The OP is talking about a single entry re-entry permit. He doesn't need a multiple re-entry permit. The point of a re-entry permit is to keep the "retirement extension" alive. On re-entry the IO will stamp the person back in for the remainder of their "retirement extension".

A multiple entry re-entry permit (3,800 baht) is useful for anyone planning more than 3 trips within the year of the "retirement extension". 

1 hour ago, InMyShadow said:

No you're not. If you leave the country without a re-entry permit the "retirement extension" ends.

You will need to get a single entry re-entry permit (1,000 baht) form your local immigration office, or at the airport on the way out of the country, otherwise you will lose your "retirement extension" and have to start the process again.