Hong Kong SETV - report

Just came back from Hong Kong.

I can still confirm that it is still hassle free to get a SETV. Im holder of a Czech passport. I have 2 visa exempt entries, 1 SETV from Prague, 1 Non - B from Prague,  and now 2 SETV from Hong Kong.

All they asked for:
1. Filled out application with photo
2. Copy of HK entry stamp
3. Copy of passport data page
4. Passport
5. 300HKD fee

They just browsed trough my passport. Asked me if Im working (probably because of Non- B) and then just took the papers i mentioned. Total time i spend there was 5 minutes. They told me to pick up my passport next day. No problems at all.

Great, no flights, no Bank statements.

Sent from my mobile, please forgive the autocorrect.

7 hours ago, Nick ZepTepi said:

How was the trip from the airport to the embassy?
I plan to arrive 9am with carry-on bags only and get to the embassy to submit that morning before closing.

Is it do-able?

I stayed for 3 nights so my route was Hotel (Kowloon) - Embassy. But it should be do-able without any problems. Take the airport express straight to Hong Kong station. Then walk to Central station and from there just take MTR to Admiralty (1 station). It should take around 45 minutes - max. 1 hour to get from the airport to the Embassy. 

Or take a taxi. Up to you. 

Thank you for this update on the process for Hong Kong. 

My wife has family living there, so we've been wanting to process my non-o under dependent (children), 

through HK for some time, just don't know what they require when compared to Penang consulate?

Has any one done this type of Visa there?

Be interested in knowing if they are as straight forward about the 90 days non-o as penang is?

Then we can take advantage of the location and let the kids see the family while dad processes the visa.

Would be a win, win for everyone traveling in my group, if it can work out hassle free...?

Penang is just, copy of passport, photo, copy of birth certificate, copy of tabien, copy of mothers ID card, 

and pay the fee. Good for another 90 days, with 60 days extension @ local immigration, so I only need to make the trip every 5 months, and since I'm getting an extension on the 90 day mark, it's just the same as reporting every 90 days to immigration, I just have to pay the 1,900 bht for the extension.

Works for now, until I can get the 800,000 bht together, to process through the retirement non-o; 

hopefully in the future...

Edited by ajarnmarc

4 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

My wife has family living there, so we've been wanting to process my non-o under dependent (children), 

through HK for some time, just don't know what they require when compared to Penang consulate?

Be interested in knowing if they are as straight forward about the 90 days non-o as penang is?

Then we can take advantage of the location and let the kids see the family while dad processes the visa.

Would be a win, win for everyone traveling in my group, if it can work out hassle free...?

Penang is just, copy of passport, photo, copy of birth certificate, copy of tabien, copy of mothers ID card, 

and pay the fee. Good for another 90 days, with 60 days extension @ local immigration, so I only need to make the trip every 5 months, and since I'm getting an extension on the 90 day mark, it's just the same as reporting every 90 days to immigration, I just have to pay the 1,900 bht for the extension.

Works for now, until I can get the 800,000 bht together, to process through the retirement non-o; 

For many years HK has been THE place to get to get a visa for British passport holders.

20 minutes ago, ajarnmarc said:

I don't recall any reports of anybody getting a non-o visas based upon being the parent of a Thai in HK.

Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa but you would need to show 400k baht or proof of income.

If you are the legal father of you child by way of marriage or legitimization you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/8/2017 at 1:33 PM, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall any reports of anybody getting a non-o visas based upon being the parent of a Thai in HK.

Penang will issue a multiple entry non-o visa but you would need to show 400k baht or proof of income.

If you are the legal father of you child by way of marriage or legitimization you could apply for a one year extension of stay at immigration. You would need 400k baht in a Thai bank or proof of 40k baht income.

I just tried to extend my non o single entry visa ( for a year that is) at the government complex but they said I had to have 400K and that proof of income of 40k doesn't exist... (based on thai child only, not married). Gave me 60 days but ugh..

3 hours ago, Yonisch said:

I just tried to extend my non o single entry visa ( for a year that is) at the government complex but they said I had to have 400K and that proof of income of 40k doesn't exist... (based on thai child only, not married). Gave me 60 days but ugh..

I'm not familiar with any of the Consultants giving Non - O single entry for more than 90 days, 

based on child or marriage, without proof of the 400k.

Thank you for the update on the situation @ Hong Kong, as it sounds like it's not as good as Penang;

if they only issued you 60 days in HK. 

In my view the 90 days works out fine,

as the 1 year you was applying for,

would of still required you to do a boarder run every 90 days yes?

If HK has issued it?

In my case if I obtain 90 days,

then I can still go to the local immigration and get an extension at the end of the 90 days,

for 60 more days after I pay 1,900 bht,

and that's less than a boarder run. 

Therefore I only need to actually leave the country every 5 months, 

for a new visa.

It would be interesting to hear / read if anyone has done the 40k monthly income successfully, 

to obtain the 1 year Non - O based on child i.e. dependent, 

and what form of proof that took at any of the nearby Consultants?

4 hours ago, ajarnmarc said:
7 hours ago, Yonisch said:

I'm not familiar with any of the Consultants giving Non - O single entry for more than 90 days, 

based on child or marriage, without proof of the 400k.

Unfortunately, @Yonisch elected to confuse the issue by inserting a completely off topic post into the thread.

What @Yonisch was saying is that there was a problem extending his permission to stay in Thailand at Chaeng Wattana immigration using the income method. If he chooses to open a new thread that addresses his issue, maybe we will be able to discover the reason for the problem (perhaps, failure to get the right piece of paper from his embassy?)

Just ignore his post which has nothing to do with visa applications of any kind in Hong Kong.

6 hours ago, BritTim said:

Unfortunately, @Yonisch elected to confuse the issue by inserting a completely off topic post into the thread.

What @Yonisch was saying is that there was a problem extending his permission to stay in Thailand at Chaeng Wattana immigration using the income method. If he chooses to open a new thread that addresses his issue, maybe we will be able to discover the reason for the problem (perhaps, failure to get the right piece of paper from his embassy?)

Just ignore his post which has nothing to do with visa applications of any kind in Hong Kong.

Thank you for the update. 

I wasn't aware from the post made by Yonisch that he was trying to do an extension at local immigration in Chaeng Wattana, which of course will require the 400k.

Has anyone been successful by just showing a letter from their own Embassy stating they are retired with a minimum income of 40k a month or was more details required i.e. letter from bank, printout of bank transactions ect.?

• 3 weeks later...

I've just completed b my visa run. Thought I'd yeah the report on here rather than a new thread.

Air Asia fight from CNX was on time, express resin to Hong Kong island was easy & had free WiFi.

Thanks for the advice to find Lippo centre exit, there's a copy shop below.

HK is a bit of a maze of interconnecting walkways going through shopping mall with not that much signage. I got the wrong exit when I went to collect the next morning, (yes it was ready at 9.30am!) And got lost in the next of shops, going to ground level I could see the building but all the roads are fenced.

All they wanted was application form, photocopy of the passport data page and HK entry slip. 30 mins wait to put in the application 5 mins to collect the next day.

HK is recommended