Dashcam footage captures yet more crazy driving in Thailand

snoop1130

If it was a three laner, the lorry shouldn't have been there. If it was two with a hard shoulder he should have pulled in as soon as he got past the slow moving truck. It does my head in on two lane sections of Phet Kasem when two lorries are idling along blocking the entire road.

Regarding why did the mini van go straight back in to the right hand lane, I guess he was already hot headed by this point and in typical fashion here he wanted to make a point that he got held up. He may also have wanted to do a u turn, you never know.

What surprises me though is how fast some of those lorries can go. I've driven on many occasions with a big lorry following at 120kph. Fastest I've seen was doing about 130 jostling with a pick up.

10 hours ago, Gracas said:

From the photo and info supplied above it would appear that there were no passengers onboard (luckily) and it looks as thought the driver got out uninjured (maybe).

Strangely, it was a little satisfying in a way to see the van driver beat at his own game. However he will be back doing the same thing tomorrow as though nothing had happened.

...........but in a different minibus .......possibly....I hope.

Crazy. I hate having to get these busses, always makes me feel a little uneasy as I know there's a 99% chance the driver is going to be a fool, like the fella in the video. Do they race to their destination in order to squeeze as many daily return journeys as possible to maximise income? 

On 2017-11-07 at 10:17 AM, manarak said:

just adding on more fault to his driving - engaged too fast on a lane of which he didn't the conditions without securing enough distance to the following vehicle to stop.

it's just reckless and brainless driving, period.

Any chance of getting a rewrite on this comment ? I'd like to understand it, but can't. Maybe the computer missed entering a few of the intended words. 

8 hours ago, neeray said:

Any chance of getting a rewrite on this comment ? I'd like to understand it, but can't. Maybe the computer missed entering a few of the intended words. 

I am pushed for time at the moment, so I will be brief

He is saying that the actions of the van driver were not the most clever thing he has ever done, but then of course he does not know that for sure

Happy motoring

12 hours ago, neeray said:

one word slipped:

just adding on more fault to his driving - engaged too fast on a lane of which he didn't *know* the conditions without securing enough distance to the following vehicle to stop.

it's just reckless and brainless driving, period.