Man claims ignorance of statutory rape regarding sex with 13-year-old

snoop1130

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

but said he did not intend to cause harm to the girl, adding that at the time he did not know she was only 13 years old. 

He also said he loved her but their relationship had not worked out so he broke up with her.

Sarawuth claimed that he had not known his relationship with the girl was illegal because it had been “love” for him. 

can you imagine being a prosecutor or a judge and having to listen to such crap all day long ? day after day ?

Interesting that a 33 year old man could contact an 18 year old on Facebook to have sex.  No difference in the age range of 15 years difference.  

But then again, statutory rape laws aren't anything new.  Heck, when I was in university we stayed away from high school students.  Like, you're 18 and an in university and meet up with some 16 year old HS student - only two years difference in your age, but that two years could land you in jail for a long time.  So all the friends I had hung out with also hung out with other uni students their own age.  

3 hours ago, sanemax said:

This one ?

Article 227-22 prohibits the "organisation by an adult of meetings involving indecent exposure or sexual relations knowing that minors are present or participating". (Minors refers to under 18s; the text of the article can be subject to interpretation)

A veritable encyclopedia of the age of consent under numerous scenarios and of different countries.  You sir, have unusual knowledge of an issue that men 35 year old and up would rarely have a concern about.  Fascinating

17 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Not to defend the culprit, but as a majority of Thai girls look younger then their age, the culprit may have assumed she was older ?

Nevertheless, it should serve as a lesson to always check an ID before getting to close with a young looking girl in Thailand.

but you are defending the culprit, who you attempt to phrase it is immaterial.

2 hours ago, tandor said:

"He also said he loved her but their relationship had not worked out so he broke up with her."

...well she had to go back to school after lunch break..and she wore a uniform 5 out of 7 days..wouldnt you think a little light would come on in his little pea-brain.

Most Thais leave school at age 12, less than 20% of Thais have EVER attended high school.

So no, not really.

18 minutes ago, isaanbanhou said:

A veritable encyclopedia of the age of consent under numerous scenarios and of different countries.  You sir, have unusual knowledge of an issue that men 35 year old and up would rarely have a concern about.  Fascinating

That's a  bit unfair, plenty of us have teenage daughters and should have knowledge about the subject.

1 hour ago, isaanbanhou said:

Just Google "Age of consent " and a wiki page brings up all that info .

Absolutely no need for you to make insinuations about myself

1 hour ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Most Thais leave school at age 12, less than 20% of Thais have EVER attended high school.

So no, not really.

Once again, that is not true .

School education for Thai Children is compulsory for everyone up to the age of 16 .

I do realise they there would be some that do not comply , but the huge majority do

Whilst the “legal age” does in fact, change all over the world, with multiple definitions within.... for most of us, having to resort to checking this to ensure compliance, should also require an additional check of our moral compass.

Just now, farcanell said:

Whilst the “legal age” does in fact, change all over the world, with multiple definitions within.... for most of us, having to resort to checking this to ensure compliance, should also require an additional check of our moral compass.

Maejo posted some things that I found hard to believe, here on the forums , I did a google search and checked and found what he said to be untrue and posted that on here .

Just now, sanemax said:

Maejo posted some things that I found hard to believe, here on the forums , I did a google search and checked and found what he said to be untrue and posted that on here .

Yep.... I didn’t actually mean to critise you, (ergo not linking my post) but was actually more disturbed that by pointing this out, you sparked a debate... when I commented “for most of us”.... I was being all inclusive

20 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Sarawuth Pankhamkaen, reportedly confessed to the crime but said he did not intend to cause harm to the girl, adding that at the time he did not know she was only 13 years old. 

Sarawuth claimed that he had not known his relationship with the girl was illegal because it had been “love”

Sarawuth, a native of Phrae province, in 2015 had allegedly used the Facebook chat application to lure several young schoolgirls in Phrae to have sex with him before ending each relationship.

Nice try but tricking multiple children into having sex with you with the promise of a relationship is not love. It's grooming children for abuse. Obviously has a fetish for taking children's virginities. What a sicko.

His excuse sounds like something a small child would say to get out of trouble.

I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law. And I hope the kids are ok.

There's an extra layer of predatory life ruining to do this kind of thing in a place where sometimes a girl's value is related to her virginity.

6 minutes ago, BangkokReady said:

Nice try but tricking multiple children into having sex with you with the promise of a relationship is not love. It's grooming children for abuse. Obviously has a fetish for taking children's virginities. What a sicko.

His excuse sounds like something a small child would say to get out of trouble.

I hope he is punished to the full extent of the law. And I hope the kids are ok.

There's an extra layer of predatory life ruining to do this kind of thing in a place where sometimes a girl's value is related to her virginity.

I totally agree with everything you said . Then I got to the end . 

Why would you think predation is more serious to a virgin in Asia because her virginity can be sold . ?

Why would you think predation is less serious to a ewhite white child virgin because she gives her virginity by choice and love when she is of legal and reasonable age .  . 

1 minute ago, greenchair said:

I totally agree with everything you said . Then I got to the end . 

Why would you think predation is more serious to a virgin in Asia because her virginity can be sold . ?

Why would you think predation is less serious to a ewhite white child virgin because she gives her virginity by choice and love when she is of legal and reasonable age .  . 

Dowry payment  ? 

19 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Not to defend the culprit, but as a majority of Thai girls look younger then their age, the culprit may have assumed she was older ?

Nevertheless, it should serve as a lesson to always check an ID before getting to close with a young looking girl in Thailand.

No. Majority of Thai girls don't look younger than their age especially if they are 13-15, that's the usual peado bs excuse. The age of a woman can be easily guessed if you look at their features for more than 2 seconds.

Anyway, I am usually against the witch hunt if there if love and feelings involved simply because I think there is more damage done to everyone involved, but if you constantly pray on that age group you should be in the slammer. 

1 hour ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

No. Majority of Thai girls don't look younger than their age especially if they are 13-15, that's the usual peado bs excuse. The age of a woman can be easily guessed if you look at their features for more than 2 seconds.

Anyway, I am usually against the witch hunt if there if love and feelings involved simply because I think there is more damage done to everyone involved, but if you constantly pray on that age group you should be in the slammer. 

prey ........

1 hour ago, greenchair said:

Apologies. Using the term value obviously made my point somewhat vague. I meant value as in societal, relationship or personal value.

Some people remain quite conservative in Thailand and having sex outside of marriage is not something some would even consider, unless they believed that they would marry in the future. So if the man coerced the girls into bed by promising to marry them and subsequently broke up with them, they may feel like they are now unmarriable, damaged or shamed, or at least have their pool of potential husbands restricted to those who do not demand that their brides have not been with another man. This can cause severe psychological damage, I wasn't thinking about money.

I know not all people think like this, but there is a chance that any of the girls were saving themselves for their future husband (first and last, etc.) And for them I perceive there to be an extra layer of damage.

3 hours ago, theguyfromanotherforum said:

Well in that case I guess that I have been lucky because in quite a few of my previous relationships the ladies did look very much younger then their age...and before you jump to a conclusion, I am refering to an age groupe around 40 where many people thought she was around 30. Not really easy my friend to guess the age of ladies who do look younger...not the point of the discussion but what I am trying to say is that unless you are a well trained womanizer, it is really not easy to guess the age no matter what the age groupe of the girl or the lady could be.

But to get back to topic, with the specifics of Thailand, I would really empress to check the ID before as one never knows, 

Edited by observer90210

8 hours ago, Stargrazer9889 said:

The guy was Thai as well, do you really think that he should be defended by us  non Thai farangs?

Guilty as charged ,  jail this scum bag for a verylong time

Geezer

And whoever defends him is not much better than him.

6 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

So no, not really.

...we are talking about a particular teenage girl aged 13yrs...not 'most Thais leave school at 12'..she is still at school...and where do you get these statistics..I'd be interested to read them..however it wouldn't change a thing as a 13yr old is a 13yr old..and a mature man would at least suspect by her maturity levels, physical and mental that she just hadn't arrived yet..goodness sake!