Visa Help Please.

I met my girlfriend in Hua-Hin in August when I visited for a couple of weeks, we kept in contact via phone and email and I went back to see her in december (actually posting this from Kuwait airport on way home). We're now engaged and thought she should come to England hopefully towards the end of April for 2 weeks maybe if possible a month (depending on her work). As eventually when/if we marry I want to stay in blighty.

I've read alot of posts on this site about visa's and have read the government websites and all the applications/checklists and have a couple of questions:

Should we apply for a visitor visa or fiance(settlement) visa?

Is 1 easier to get, or apply for then the other ?

If I go the fiance route I've noticed there are law firms which can help is this the way to go?

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

We're now engaged and thought she should come to England hopefully towards the end of April for 2 weeks maybe if possible a month (depending on her work). As eventually when/if we marry I want to stay in blighty.

I've read alot of posts on this site about visa's and have read the government websites and all the applications/checklists and have a couple of questions:

Should we apply for a visitor visa or fiance(settlement) visa?

Is 1 easier to get, or apply for then the other ?

If I go the fiance route I've noticed there are law firms which can help is this the way to go?

You shouldn't be asking 'which one is easier to get' but ' which one is appropriate to what we require'. If she wants to Visit UK for two weeks then you apply for a Visitors Visa, If she want to go to UK get married within the first 6 months and stay there permanantly then you apply for a Fiancee Visa.

Continue to read more posts on this forum where all the pro's and con's are frequently discussed.

You know what will be required for either Visa from the official sites.

The advice from this forum would always be to avoid agencies who promise you the earth. If you have everything and do everything that is requested you will be successful without a lawyer. No agency can promise success.

Do come back to this forum if you have specific questions