Cloudflare captcha when signing in

worgeordie

While signing into ThaiVisa today ,up popped a page from Cloudflare,asking

if i am a robot, then asking to click pictures of cars,shopfronts etc,

it has also just started on some other sites i have been sighing into.

is this  malware or kosher ,I know Cloudflare is a security company,

but has ThaiVisa paid them for their services or is it been done without

their consent.?

regards worgeordie

8 hours ago, maxpower said:

One of many reasons -> You are using a VPN and the IP has been associated with strange activity or the IP provided by your ISP has strange activity in its history.

...or he's been assigned a CG-NAT WAN IP address by his Internet Provider, which shares a public-facing Internet address with lots of other users. Goes well with your 'strange activity' suggestion.

CloudFlare also offers CDN (Content Delivery) and Load Balancing and DDOS protection.

The undocumented 'Gateway Unavailable' service is a new one. Keeps me from spamming the site with wordy responses, apparently.

43 minutes ago, RichCor said:

...or he's been assigned a CG-NAT WAN IP address by his Internet Provider, which shares a public-facing Internet address with lots of other users. Goes well with your 'strange activity' suggestion.

CloudFlare also offers CDN (Content Delivery) and Load Balancing and DDOS protection.

The undocumented 'Gateway Unavailable' service is a new one. Keeps me from spamming the site with wordy responses, apparently.

Just read a newsletter from Adguard the adblocking company, and it says something like ,Cloudflare

might be blocking access to sites that run crypto mining scripts ,all a bit complicated to me, but if i 

use a VPN i don't get the captcha pages.

regards worgeordie

23 hours ago, worgeordie said:

it has also just started on some other sites i have been sighing into.

BUT

As you write that it appears for other sites also I join the opinion that it is about your IP address considered "suspicious".

I sometimes get such stuff even with my normal Thai IP address (ToT) and when using certain VPN locations.

Of course it would not be nice if Cloudfare/Thaivisa would consider normal Thai IP addresses as "suspicious".

I get it also - not just for Thai Visa, but some other sites I visit.  I move around a lot, I put it down to different IP addresses being used when I travel, but I may be wrong.

Looking forward to hear if the TV boffins or Khun BENQ come back with something, but I don't see it as a big issue

For info, I have only been getting it in the past month.  Thought it could be due to hosting on the site side

On 09/11/2017 at 10:26 PM, RichCor said:

3BB seems to have done something along these lines recently that is causing quite a lot of Cloudflare problems and errors, and demands for "I am human" verification. I'm getting them sometimes on all sorts of sites, and even occasionally on Google. Also "bad gateway" errors for the same reason. But it comes and goes.

11 hours ago, Argus Tuft said:

For info, I have only been getting it in the past month.  Thought it could be due to hosting on the site side

It's true that Cloudfare has been newly introduced for Thaivisa.

I don't know much about it and it sounds like there is no easy way around.

On 11/9/2017 at 11:17 PM, worgeordie said:

Just read a newsletter from Adguard the adblocking company, and it says something like ,Cloudflare

might be blocking access to sites that run crypto mining scripts ,all a bit complicated to me, but if i 

use a VPN i don't get the captcha pages.

regards worgeordie

Today I  added the extension, Antiminer to my browser,i the hope it will

block mining scripts from any site i visit.it's free ,so why not,as i think

mining scripts will become more common, with the price of CryptoCurrency

been so high.

regards Worgeordie