Thai Post’s 12 Hilarious Reasons Not To Google Translate Thai

webfact

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sportsman Pub posted an appropriate and worthwhile picture to view concerning the use of English in Thailand.  By the way Sportsman, it is Hilarious and you have forgotten that proper nouns do start with an uppercase character, not a lowercase character.  To go with that what you posted, there used to be the following: “The toilet is back.”  This was on a sign on display at a major bus terminal in Bangkok.  We can only guess where the toilet has been.  Actually, it is informing passengers that the toilet is at outside and behind the bus terminal building.  Do not know if the sign is still there.

Edited by wotsdermatter

4 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Yes born and bred, and you?

No no , my 'ansum but I lived in Tamerton Foliot '87 - 2005 when I uped stakes and came out here. My son in law is thick in the arm and thick in the head and a proper Plymouthian , Crazy about Plymouth Argyle , he along with my eldest daughter and 3 Grands came out here last year when Plymouth were playing Wimbledon , gave him the 'ump. They all live in Mutley ( someone has to ).

4 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Yes born and bred, and you?

No

Mainly for Janner 1, Couldn't find Phukin Coffee today , after going 5k past where it should of been on the return we found the Phukin sign on the ground by the entrance.

Oh but then we went to another coffee shop , the next one along the road.   Go on have a guess .    This one is Phanniphat coffee , I kid you not. very good Capp. I didn't ask for extra honey nor extra vanilla , I had it just as it came.

5 hours ago, toofarnorth said:

No no , my 'ansum but I lived in Tamerton Foliot '87 - 2005 when I uped stakes and came out here. My son in law is thick in the arm and thick in the head and a proper Plymouthian , Crazy about Plymouth Argyle , he along with my eldest daughter and 3 Grands came out here last year when Plymouth were playing Wimbledon , gave him the 'ump. They all live in Mutley ( someone has to ).

Heck I live in the Mutley area about half a mile from the plain, been a successful business man for 40 + years, went to see Argyle when I was 10 and never watched any football since can't think of anything more boring.

Never thought of myself as being " thick " but it's what one perceives of another I guess.

Where are you in LOS ?

22 hours ago, Janner1 said:

Heck I live in the Mutley area about half a mile from the plain, been a successful business man for 40 + years, went to see Argyle when I was 10 and never watched any football since can't think of anything more boring.

Never thought of myself as being " thick " but it's what one perceives of another I guess.

Where are you in LOS ?

Sorry , I checked up with daughter and it is Eggbuckland where they reside. Is Mutley where that good homebrew shop is/was ?

As for thick , no you are not, it was an expression I picked up from my time in 74 working in the Narracott Grand Woolacombe.

No , I can't mix when football comes up , I even gave my Liverpool jacket to a ladyboy but I do watch CRUTD at my local .

As for LoS , up north halfway between C/Rai and the border at Maesai.