Brexit never? Britain can still change its mind, says Article 50 author

webfact

58 minutes ago, chrissables said:

The pound was in decline a long time before the referendum was agreed.

The economy has not changed dramatically, actually up 2% 

The bank of England's governor has been shown to be wrong about his forecasts.

The bus quote has no meaning until we have exited and the government decides to follow what was said. Jacob Rees Mogg was on TV the other day saying they should honour it. Time will tell.

You clearly don't understand economics

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ANY Brexiteer, please tell us (the Remain position on these points is already known):

What are the tangible beneifts to the UK as a whole, of Brexxit.

What will be the impact of Brexit on the UK economy during the first five and ten years, will it grow or will it shrink

What will happen to the Pound vs USD exchange rate, will it rise, fall or remain the same, ranges will do.

Will immigration numbers drop more than 10%

Will the NHS get more funding or less as a result of Brexit.

Will Brexit cause taxes to rise, fall or remain the same.

33 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

ANY Brexiteer, please tell us (the Remain position on these points is already known):

What will be the impact of Brexit on the UK economy during the first five and ten years, will it grow or will it shrink

What will happen to the Pound vs USD exchange rate, will it rise, fall or remain the same, ranges will do.

They UK will get less food safety, less health-, labor- and environmental protection and more chlorine chicken, hormone cattle, genetically modified crops and much more longer waiting times for plumbers.

Just now, simoh1490 said:

Ive asked a few times but remoaners never answer, so just for my sake, could you please list the remoners position on these points

Just now, baansgr said:

Ive asked a few times but remoaners never answer, so just for my sake, could you please list the remoners position on these points

A predictable and often repeated Breixeer response, you have no answer and simply don't have a clue about such things so you try to turn it around.

My questions still stand, put up or....!

Just now, simoh1490 said:

A predictable and often repeated Breixeer response, you have no answer and simply don't have a clue about such things so you try to turn it around.

My questions still stand, put up or....!

I cant see on any of these threads remoaners position on these points

This is like debating with children and serves no purposes, certainly not anything related to the OP, perhaps it's the beer o'clock, perhaps it's the nature of the beast, dunno, all done here for sure with responses like these. Out.

On 10.11.2017 at 5:55 PM, mfd101 said:

An obvious question is: Why would the EU want Britain back anyway?

Of course there is some loss to the EU with Britain's departure - strategically as against the other great powers, and economically (though nothing compared to the economic damage Britain is already doing to itself) - but there is also considerable gain longterm in losing a fractious member that whines the whole time, always demands special deals on everything and generally makes arriving at agreements for action much more difficult than it should be.

Absolute. After a decade-long UK blockade, it's a wonderful opportunity to smash the British offshore tax havens and tax avoidance islands. The additional tax revenue would be much higher than the UK's annual EU contribution.

40-80 bill. Pounds that is.

"The Financial Times in November 2016 originally reported that the European Commission was seeking an exit bill of €60 billion, based on comments by Michel Barnier, the EU’s chief negotiator on Brexit. In February, the same author writing for the Centre for European Reform (CER) estimated that the bill could range from €25–73 billion. Bruegel have given a similar range for the bill, at €25.4–65.1 billion. Most recently, Alex Barker, writing again in the Financial Times, put the net bill at €55–75 billion, based on a €91–€113 billion gross figure".

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/eu-divorce-bill

“Seeking” “could be” exactly as I said “fanatasy figures”

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Which financial guru can explain then why the countries in the European continent, not in the €uro currency zone, or in the EU mafia (but with bilateral treaties), are amongst the most prosperous in the world and whose citizens enjoy some of  the highest retirement, pension and health care benefits, worldwide ?

Edited by observer90210

19 hours ago, observer90210 said:

Which financial guru can explain then why the countries in the European continent, not in the €uro currency zone, or in the EU mafia (but with bilateral treaties), are amongst the most prosperous in the world and whose citizens enjoy some of  the highest retirement, pension and health care benefits, worldwide ?

Name the countries and I'll have a go.

22 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Bump!

1 hour ago, simoh1490 said:

Bump.

The remain group set out their predictions of what would happen on each of these points, some were labelled and grouped under project fear. What's the Brexiteer position on them, what are your forecasts?

Edited by simoh1490

9 hours ago, simoh1490 said:
10 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Bump.

The remain group set out their predictions of what would happen on each of these points, some were labelled and grouped under project fear. What's the Brexiteer position on them, what are your forecasts?

Edited 9 hours ago by simoh1490

The answers to your questions are, of course, moot.

This article puts the brexiter answers across quite well, without broaching the intangibles about sovereignty, federalism, etc:

http://theconversation.com/how-the-uk-can-benefit-from-a-free-trade-future-after-brexit-even-outside-the-single-market-84171

Could you now post your interpretation of the the long-term benefits of remaining in the EU (reciprocally leaving out the intangibles about European peace and brotherhood, etc. And without insults)? All I've seen so far is the argument of a smoker: it's easer to carry on than to give up.

1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

This article puts the brexiter answers across quite well, without broaching the intangibles about sovereignty, federalism, etc:

http://theconversation.com/how-the-uk-can-benefit-from-a-free-trade-future-after-brexit-even-outside-the-single-market-84171

Could you now post your interpretation of the the long-term benefits of remaining in the EU (reciprocally leaving out the intangibles about European peace and brotherhood, etc. And without insults)? All I've seen so far is the argument of a smoker: it's easer to carry on than to give up.

Simoh1490 asked very specific questions.

Rather than answer those very specific questions you've provided a link to an article that does not in any sense address simoh's questions and is in truth nothing more than 'two birds in the bush are worth one a bird in the hand'.

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at actually answering the questions Simoh's questions. 

In your own words might be a good point to start. 

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:
1 hour ago, Khun Han said:

Simoh1490 asked very specific questions.

Rather than answer those very specific questions you've provided a link to an article that does not in any sense address simoh's questions and is in truth nothing more than 'two birds in the bush are worth one a bird in the hand'.

Perhaps you'd like to have a go at actually answering the questions Simoh's questions. 

In your own words might be a good point to start. 

"Simoh1490 asked very specific questions."

As already stated in my answer to your 'brother', the answers to those questions are moot. And loaded questions are ten-a-penny in a debate anyway. Maybe your 'brother' might want to reply to the points raised in the article I linked (which exemplify my own point of view), rather than having you deflect on his behalf? And then, maybe your 'brother' might want to provide an answer to the question that brexiters ask about what long-term benefit the UK is going to get from the EU?

Apologies I wasn't able to continue the debate but other plans came up right after I posted my question.

Those questions are being discussed daily in the global remain/brexit debate, the remain camp has repeatedly said what their view is of what will happen on those points if we Brexit and those things are now coming true. Ask any person familiar with the remain argument and they will know the answers to them.

So now I want to know what the Brexit position is on the outcome of those points and since they are so well discussed by virtually everyone, it should be a simple matter to pen a few words about each point without deferring to links as a distraction. But since I've asked these questions many times and never received an answer, I'm beginning to think that many people who are debating the Brexit issue simply don't know which supports and lends credibility to the Brexit voter demographics that Brexit voters were not the best educated and as a result, don't understand the implications of what they are arguing for! Never once have I seen anything even loosely resembling an economic forecast from Brexiteers, never once have I seen Brexiteers able to successfully debate economics in a meaningful way yet they are able, mystically, to shoot down economic forecasts put forward by remain by declaring them to be "rubbish". Well come on, what's your version of those things?

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

Apologies I wasn't able to continue the debate but other plans came up right after I posted my question.

Those questions are being discussed daily in the global remain/brexit debate, the remain camp has repeatedly said what their view is of what will happen on those points if we Brexit and those things are now coming true. Ask any person familiar with the remain argument and they will know the answers to them.

So now I want to know what the Brexit position is on the outcome of those points and since they are so well discussed by virtually everyone, it should be a simple matter to pen a few words about each point without deferring to links as a distraction. But since I've asked these questions many times and never received an answer, I'm beginning to think that many people who are debating the Brexit issue simply don't know which supports and lends credibility to the Brexit voter demographics that Brexit voters were not the best educated and as a result, don't understand the implications of what they are arguing for! Never once have I seen anything even loosely resembling an economic forecast from Brexiteers, never once have I seen Brexiteers able to successfully debate economics in a meaningful way yet they are able, mystically, to shoot down economic forecasts put forward by remain by declaring them to be "rubbish". Well come on, what's your version of those things?

The education factor again! You think that economic forecasts by Project Fear were valid? So far nothing proven. If you were educated, then you wouldn't ask questions that can't be answered until the negotiations are completed. And maybe not even then.  

Chomper covered for you while you were detained. What a good friend!

2 hours ago, simoh1490 said:

The old chestnut and insult... Brexiters are not educated.. 

8 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

The questions still stand and until they are answered there's no more debate from this side, you've dodged it and played your games for long enough.

Exactly.... Thats typical of remoaners to turn the question around as can not answer. So yes the questions to you and all the other remoaners of the well educated demograh, what are the benefits of remaining.?

Just now, baansgr said:

Exactly.... Thats typical of remoaners to turn the question around as can not answer. So yes the questions to you and all the other remoaners of the well educated demograh, what are the benefits of remaining.?

In this thread, I asked the questions first. It's your style to cop out by asking the same question in reverse without ever answering the ones put you, that's a game for children. Either answer the questions or the debate ends, your choice.

21 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

In this thread, I asked the questions first. It's your style to cop out by asking the same question in reverse without ever answering the ones put you, that's a game for children. Either answer the questions or the debate ends, your choice.

OK be quiet then.

13 minutes ago, nauseus said:

OK be quiet then.

Quite happy to do so, just so long as you understand that your failure to answer any of the questions put to you repeatedly on this topic, means that you don't have an argument and you've demonstrated you don't have an argument for what you pretend to support. It's a good conclusion from a debating standpoint, in debating circles they might say, game set and match. 

Edited by simoh1490

6 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Quite happy to do so, just so long as you understand that your failure to answer any of the questions put to you repeatedly on this topic, means that you don't have an argument and you've demonstrated you don't have an argument fom what you pretend to support. It's a good conclusion from a debating standpoint, in debating circles they might say, game set and match. 

download (7).jpg

32 minutes ago, simoh1490 said:

Quite happy to do so, just so long as you understand that your failure to answer any of the questions put to you repeatedly on this topic, means that you don't have an argument and you've demonstrated you don't have an argument for what you pretend to support. It's a good conclusion from a debating standpoint, in debating circles they might say, game set and match. 

Your moot questions are not an argument and nobody can answer them right now, especially you.

This is a debate, not an interrogation. For a real debate you need facts, not fiction. That's why Clegg always lost.

The game is far from over and you are no match.