Getting Thai international license

davejonesbkk

14 hours ago, davejonesbkk said:

1. seems that the 5 yr license is needed to get the Int one.

2. temp ones are now 2yrs as mine seems to be.

3. Is there anyway I can change to the 5yr early?

1. Correct.

2. Correct.

3. Maybe but not that early depends which DLT office you use.

Edited by Kwasaki

52 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

1. Correct.

2. Correct.

3. Maybe but not that early depends which DLT office you use.

thanks, found someone in another thread saying they managed to change to the 5yr when they still had 6 months to go on their 2yr, that was at Chatuchak and Im located in Samutprakan though. Also a website last night for Phuket expats that said something about being able to do it on the 2yr after 1 year has been used, had my Mrs look on some discussions on the top on Pantip.com and there seemed to be some confusion with Thai people about this also. 

1 hour ago, davejonesbkk said:

thanks, found someone in another thread saying they managed to change to the 5yr when they still had 6 months to go on their 2yr, that was at Chatuchak and Im located in Samutprakan though. Also a website last night for Phuket expats that said something about being able to do it on the 2yr after 1 year has been used, had my Mrs look on some discussions on the top on Pantip.com and there seemed to be some confusion with Thai people about this also. 

I would say if it is important to you go to your DLT office with the Mrs explaining you need to get a Thai IDP.

On 11/11/2017 at 11:17 AM, Kwasaki said:

I would say if it is important to you go to your DLT office with the Mrs explaining you need to get a Thai IDP.

The mrs just called yesterday, so apparently you can do it up to 3 months before the 2 year one expires but you can also do it if you've had it a year or more lol, apparently I need to go in with the embassy notarized letter and medical check up, I will believe it once its in my hand anyway...