Fishing lakes and ponds

Chefgno

Looking for a good lake or pond in Phuket to throw a line and catch some good eating fish.

I"ve been to Bangla Fishing and a couple more of the same. 

Somewhere where the locals go.

Any places that exist?

Geno

18 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

No, I don't fish but I've seen plenty of people fishing over the years.

WOW. It sounds great. I'll give it a try and see how it turns out. Always looking for new places to visit. 

No, I don't fish but I've seen plenty of people fishing over the years.
It's actually illegal to fish the dam itself. That's why you see the guys fishing on the side of the road near the pump station.
You will get fined for throwing a line in that dam

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Looking for a good lake or pond in Phuket to throw a line and catch some good eating fish.

I"ve been to Bangla Fishing and a couple more of the same. 

Somewhere where the locals go.

Any places that exist?

Geno

Opposite loch palm golf course entrance there is a private lake. Behind those rows of townshops.

Edit: I tried to attach a screenshot but it's been disabled.

1 hour ago, sebastion said:

It's actually illegal to fish the dam itself. That's why you see the guys fishing on the side of the road near the pump station.
You will get fined for throwing a line in that dam

I never knew that - thanks for the info.

3 hours ago, LivinginKata said:

Map of Bang Wad, Kathu, Kathu District, Phuket 83120

Watched people fishing in out of the way places at the rear of that dam many times and have never actually seen anyone catch a fish or have one they have already caught

I have seen fish rising to the surface near the dam wall but no one ever fishes there its not allowed and a ranger turns up before anyone has time to get a line in if they try

There are lots of fish in the lake at the mining museum, catfish, snakehead etc i think they may be sacred to Thai people who go there to feed them, probably feed you to the fish if you were caught trying to catch them, never seen anyone fishing there in the many visits we have made so the children can feed the fish

2 hours ago, sebastion said:

Opposite loch palm golf course entrance there is a private lake. Behind those rows of townshops.

Edit: I tried to attach a screenshot but it's been disabled.

Thank you Sebstion for the heads up. I'll check with those fisherman and see what the situation is.

And the private lake behind Loch Palm is really private, or is it just an open area.

Thanks again for your response 

Thank you Sebstion for the heads up. I'll check with those fisherman and see what the situation is.
And the private lake behind Loch Palm is really private, or is it just an open area.
Thanks again for your response 
Sorry for not explaining. It's a private lake but has a fishing business set up there. He is a cool thai guy who will help you snag the big ones. Just pay him a few hundred baht. He isn't greedy and sells beer cheap.
Last time I went I caught a huge fish nearly 5 foot long. Can't remember what it was called but it releases a lot of slime once caught and feels threatened.
Loads of slime everywhere like a defence mechanism.

7 hours ago, madmax2 said:

There are lots of fish in the lake at the mining museum, catfish, snakehead etc i think they may be sacred to Thai people who go there to feed them, probably feed you to the fish if you were caught trying to catch them, never seen anyone fishing there in the many visits we have made so the children can feed the fish

I saw a White Bellied Sea Eagle circling that lake once.  That must confirm your claim.

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 10.49.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 10.49.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-11-11 at 10.49.02 PM.png

Edited by ThaiWai