Three monks in Nan are implicated for having sex with under-aged youths

rooster59

14 hours ago, midas said:

The saddest part is that with the degradation of Buddhism this country will have no moral compass and I can only see things going from bad to worse

Sad? That we are seeing the "reporting" more and more of what's really going on behind the scenes of the different major religions around the world of what has been going on for eons? 

I think its progress that more and more people are able to come out now, particularly with the advent of "social" media, which the powers that be are currently trying to silence as fast as they can. That's sad so if there is work to do it is resistance to the big boys trying to shut us up.

7 hours ago, Maggusoil said:

Sad? That we are seeing the "reporting" more and more of what's really going on behind the scenes of the different major religions around the world of what has been going on for eons? 

I think its progress that more and more people are able to come out now, particularly with the advent of "social" media, which the powers that be are currently trying to silence as fast as they can. That's sad so if there is work to do it is resistance to the big boys trying to shut us up.

I'm not talking about the fact that all this is being exposed as being sad. I meant it's sad for the future of this country.

The Father figure has unfortunately gone and now on top of that it's becoming more difficult to take the only institution that once at least kept some cohesion in the villages and towns around Thailand seriously.

On 11/13/2017 at 4:09 PM, FolkGuitar said:

In which country are..

... all the police honest?

... all the religious leaders pure?

... all the teachers qualified?

... all the doctors knowledgeable?

... all the cooks skilled?

Or should I ask, 'on which planet?'

If there are 10,000 of them, and 4-5 are bad, does this mean all of them are bad?

I don't think there is a single country that has a perfect record BUT in Thailand it isn't 4 -5 out of 10,000 that are bad - it's on the other side of halfway. And if you live here and can honestly tell me the police in your country are more corrupt, then I apologize: Somalia is a tough place to live. :saai:

7 hours ago, SABloke said:

I don't think there is a single country that has a perfect record BUT in Thailand it isn't 4 -5 out of 10,000 that are bad - it's on the other side of halfway. And if you live here and can honestly tell me the police in your country are more corrupt, then I apologize: Somalia is a tough place to live. :saai:

You're not seriously suggesting that more than 50% of the police are corrupt, are you?

50% of the bureaucrats?

50% untrained doctors? 50% of the monks pedophiles or just unfit to wear the saffron robes?

In the past 17 years living here, I have seen a couple of bent cops, certainly a doctor or two who didn't know ass from elbow, and a few monks living more like playboys than the Dali Lama.

But  just a few. Perhaps you might consider new lenses through which to view your world.

1 hour ago, FolkGuitar said:

You're not seriously suggesting that more than 50% of the police are corrupt, are you?

50% of the bureaucrats?

50% untrained doctors? 50% of the monks pedophiles or just unfit to wear the saffron robes?

In the past 17 years living here, I have seen a couple of bent cops, certainly a doctor or two who didn't know ass from elbow, and a few monks living more like playboys than the Dali Lama.

But  just a few. Perhaps you might consider new lenses through which to view your world.

Thanks for that.

An excellent reply to nonsense.

7 hours ago, FolkGuitar said:

50% of the bureaucrats?

Every single cop that takes 200 baht at a checkpoint is bent. Every single cop that takes payment in order to investigate a theft etc. is bent. Every single cop that pays for a promotion bent. None of my Thai friends or colleagues has faith in the police. The Thai Police Force was voted 2nd most corrupt department in the country. Thai police chiefs refuse breathalyzer tests and carry guns on airplanes and they set the example for lower ranks to follow.

I'm generous if I say ONLY 50% are corrupt. :saai:

57 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Every single cop that takes 200 baht at a checkpoint is bent. Every single cop that takes payment in order to investigate a theft etc. is bent. Every single cop that pays for a promotion bent. .....

Yes, that's true.  But I'm glad that I don't live in the same Thailand that you live in.

As the author, Anais Nin said; "We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are."

14 minutes ago, FolkGuitar said:

Yes, that's true.  But I'm glad that I don't live in the same Thailand that you live in.

As the author, Anais Nin said; "We don't see things as they are. We see things as we are."

Why did you cut the part of my qoute that deals with Thai people's opinion of the police? Doesn't fit your narrative or what?

1 hour ago, SABloke said:

The Thai Police Force was voted 2nd most corrupt department in the country.

I must have missed out on this vote SABloke.-.

--When was it taken ?

Who arranged it all ?...

What are the voting figures ?

& of course.....who came first ?.............:omfg:

55 minutes ago, SABloke said:

Why did you cut the part of my qoute that deals with Thai people's opinion of the police? Doesn't fit your narrative or what?

Sorry, no. I just figured that you didn't speak for all the Thai people, only the ones you know.

You're the only one I've EVER heard tell us that more than 50% of Thai police are corrupt.

Edited by FolkGuitar

40 minutes ago, SABloke said:

The land department came first

Thanks for the link SABloke...that's interesting....actually its amazing..--amazing that you can run a poll on how much bribe money is paid year by year....I have only had to go to the land office 3 times in the 20 years I have been here--& yes paid a small amount to queue jump....instead of waiting the 7 hours in the non air con Place. I wonder what the huge bribes are for.

Still its good to see that the Thai police are on the job & will  investigate the land office.... 2nd most corrupt is to investigate 1st.........:omfg:

2 minutes ago, sanuk711 said:

Thanks for the link SABloke...that's interesting....actually its amazing..--amazing that you can run a poll on how much bribe money is paid year by year....I have only had to go to the land office 3 times in the 20 years I have been here--& yes paid a small amount to queue jump....instead of waiting the 7 hours in the non air con Place. I wonder what the huge bribes are for.

Still its good to see that the Thai police are on the job & will  investigate the land office.... 2nd most corrupt is to investigate 1st.........:omfg:

"I wonder what the huge bribes are for."

A friend's father wanted to divide 100 rai into 10 plots. The total cost for surveying and production of new land documents came to 200 000 Baht. That was all above board. On the day that he went to fetch the documents the officer in charge (the one whose signature validates the new chanotes) wanted 14k per document. His reasoning was that since the land was worth close to 100 million, my friends father could afford it.

That's what the huge bribes are paid for.