Thai / Foreign child using foreign passport on overstay can be troublesomes ?

hello, I am father EU have a kid 5yrs, dual citizenship Thai/EU, but keep using his EU passport, now the kid is already on overstay in Thailand for 2 months, and we gonna process a visa/run without applying a visa, on the same day at Nong Khai / Vientiane, as the IO will see the big overstay can he keep argue with us ? I am afraid he will don't let go back to the kid back to Thailand as he gonna see the previous overstay of the kid and ask to make a visa.. Do is a good idea to tell the IO that the kid his also thai and show the Thai Birth Certificate.. if he start to complain

I am afraid to have problem when I leave and also when back to Thailand for my kid, even the kid is not subject to issues with fines. I am afraid it will make the IO irritated to count the day on overstay..

the kid even he have thai citizenship, I didn't have contact with her mother thai, and so I've only the copy of the birth certificate, no marriage and no legitmization, so cannot use Thai passport.

55 minutes ago, Danielsiam said:

...no marriage and no legitmization...

This means you have no legal right to leave Thailand with the child. Even if you were married when the child was born you would still need written permission from the mother.

I can see you are trying to do the right thing though. Best of luck.

Get the kid a Thai passport. Return to Thailand by air, using the Thai passport to enter Thailand.

I can see no advantages to mucking around with non-Thai passports and visas for staying in Thailand.

Using a Thai passport to enter Thailand does not prevent using the EU passport to enter other countries.

• Like 1

As the child is 5 years old the overstay is not important, and it can't/won't prevent him re-entering the country.  Also being Thai he cannot be denied entry to the country as long proof of nationality (birth certificate) is established.

Just keep using the EU passport. My children regularly overstay without and problems whatsoever.

16 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Get the kid a Thai passport. Return to Thailand by air, using the Thai passport to enter Thailand.

I can see no advantages to mucking around with non-Thai passports and visas for staying in Thailand.

Completely unnecessary at that age to have a Thai passport. If the parent wants to keep the child 'legal' they can easily get an extension of stay at immigration although that too is unnecessary.

There is no advantage in having a Thai passport, and there is far less mucking around using the foreign passport to travel with. I know from personal experience with my own children.

We were recently at the Thai Embassy in London registering our childs birth and doing the Thai passport, our child was born in the UK and has Thai mother and I am a british national.

We were told a child must have a visa to stay more than the 30 days on arrival, we did'nt have it so were told to inform immigration on arrival, they understood our situation and said it would not be wise to continually use this method and they are aware of it as a problem with many children staying over.

17 minutes ago, raven0099 said:

We were recently at the Thai Embassy in London registering our childs birth and doing the Thai passport, our child was born in the UK and has Thai mother and I am a british national.

We were told a child must have a visa to stay more than the 30 days on arrival, we did'nt have it so were told to inform immigration on arrival, they understood our situation and said it would not be wise to continually use this method and they are aware of it as a problem with many children staying over.

Children are, by law, required to have a valid permit to stay if entering as a foreigner. However, if they are under 15 they cannot be fined, by law, and if they are under 18 they cannot be banned. Also as your child is Thai they can never be deported or banned as they have a legal right to stay in the country.

If you want to keep your children 'immigration legal' then you need to mess around swapping passports, or let them enter with their British passport and apply for an extension of stay. As they are Thai they can easy extend any stay by 1 year at a local immigration office for 1,900 baht.

2 hours ago, elviajero said:

Children are, by law, required to have a valid permit to stay if entering as a foreigner. However, if they are under 15 they cannot be fined, by law, and if they are under 18 they cannot be banned. Also as your child is Thai they can never be deported or banned as they have a legal right to stay in the country.

If you want to keep your children 'immigration legal' then you need to mess around swapping passports, or let them enter with their British passport and apply for an extension of stay. As they are Thai they can easy extend any stay by 1 year at a local immigration office for 1,900 baht.

Well, this extend of stay it gonna be expired, as they will leave Thailand if don't apply a multi re-entry ?

By the way, right I would like to use only the EU passport of my kid to enter in Thailand, so that I can't get troubles at the time I'll leave Thailand, like she need prior mother authorization, that's why I don't want to use her Thai passport. But I've the Thai passport, she leave Thailand once with it, then we back to Thailand keep using the EU passport, without any problem for twice.

As long it don't have troubles to leave with this passport because of the overstay, is totally fine with me, I don't want to spend more money for nothing, especially she's Thai also. 

22 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

Well, this extend of stay it gonna be expired, as they will leave Thailand if don't apply a multi re-entry ?

Yes.

If your child is making several entries during 1 year they could use a multiple re-entry permit, or buy a single re-entry permit as required. Or make a new entry and apply for a new 1 year extension each time. The extensions are very easy to get.

My son came to Thailand with me on a 0-A visa and O Visa for him.  Shortly thereafter we got him his Thai ID and a Thai Passport.  The USA passport will never see a Thai immigration officer again.  He can (and has) come and go on his Thai Passport. 

He cannot be denied entry to his entry to Thailand or the USA as he is a citizen of both countries.  Lucky him.