River dinner cruise outside the standard area?

BadCash

Are there any dinner river cruises that go outside the typical area around Saphan Taksin - Phra Arthit (i.e. the area around Grand Palace/Wat Arun/etc)?

Have been up and down that stretch of Chao Praya many times, would be nice with a change of scenery if I'm going to spend 1500 baht on a river cruise... are there any dinner cruises further south (preferrably) or north? Or is this the only stretch on the river that has anything remotely interesting to see?

There used to be one run by that HTL next to the Krungthon bridge. Forgot the name and it may have closed-or under renovation.

But there must be a good reason why this is and you name it:

-nearly anyone will be first time tourist-or at least 1st time for this novelty of eating on a ship for dinner

-yes, indeed, there is preciously little to see north of Krung Thon, certainly at dark times. Except for a few odd lights for high rise condo's. Ditto for south of the BTS-plus there is the higher risk of high tides there coming in from the sea.

Just go to asiatic and have dinner there with your party-much more appealing for joe firsttimetouristy.

I agree, there is nothing worth seeing on the river cruises especially at night. I think the view is better during the day as you see the greenery and more temples. Might as well spend that money on a nice river restaurant with a view of Wat Arun.

On 11/15/2017 at 12:09 AM, AL said:

Could anyone recommend any particular restaurant with a good view of Wat Arun  from the opposite bank please ? Thanks

take a look at 'sala rattanakosin'.  i've been there twice and it has a good view.  should probably make a reservation.

5 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

There is a 1 night cruise that ends in Ayutthaya. That should give you a different experience. Stops at a temple somewhere for sight seeing. Can't remember the name but I am sure you can google it.

Mekhala River Cruise