When exactly will Britain leave the EU? UK parliament debates

webfact

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 15/11/2017 at 8:26 PM, oilinki said:

If EU would give a one time possibility to UK to cancel the Brexit due Russian meddling with the election, would the people of UK take it today?

Who is actually organising and financing the remain campaign?

Also interestingly, he mentioned what some E.U. Bureaucrats pay in tax,inspite

of the E.U  speaker trying to drown him out.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:50 PM, sanemax said:

The Referendum has been held and the UK voted to leave Europe, Parliament doesnt decide, its already been decided and its not the will of the Parliament as to whether the UK stays or leaves, it has already been decided

The referendum was advisory. It took an act of Parliament to take us into the EU and it will take an act of Parliament to take us out. Theresa May, may be bending to the will of the right wing Tories, but there are enough rebel MPs to support tabling an amendment to have a final say on the deal and veto it if necessary.

We may leave the EU but it won't be the type of exit people are expecting or think they are getting. 

28 minutes ago, wellred said:

The referendum was advisory. It took an act of Parliament to take us into the EU and it will take an act of Parliament to take us out. Theresa May, may be bending to the will of the right wing Tories, but there are enough rebel MPs to support tabling an amendment to have a final say on the deal and veto it if necessary.

We may leave the EU but it won't be the type of exit people are expecting or think they are getting. 

If they veto the deal that's on the table, then we have no deal.  What then?

Maybe you think the EU (all 27 members) would allow us to reverse Article 50 and remain in the EU under the same terms we had before. I highly doubt that. Unless of course they all realise the EU will collapse without the UK's funding...

Technically we all know referendums are advisory, but we all know the result is binding in this case. That was made absolutely clear before, during and after the referendum.

25 minutes ago, CG1 Blue said:

If they veto the deal that's on the table, then we have no deal.  What then?

Maybe you think the EU (all 27 members) would allow us to reverse Article 50 and remain in the EU under the same terms we had before. I highly doubt that. Unless of course they all realise the EU will collapse without the UK's funding...

Technically we all know referendums are advisory, but we all know the result is binding in this case. That was made absolutely clear before, during and after the referendum.

no worries. the best strategic eu bureaucrats are still counting. a brexit could also mean a profit for the EU. but would contradict the philosophy of an united Europe. somehow it has to go on.

11 hours ago, Grouse said:

BMV eh? That's a give away

Reported for trolling

Lidl and Aldi still heavily investing in the UK with new stores opening. The threat of trade disintegrating is just part of project fear to avoid the spotlight on real issues. 

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

Lidl and Aldi still heavily investing in the UK with new stores opening. The threat of trade disintegrating is just part of project fear to avoid the spotlight on real issues. 

I have real doubts that you are a genuine contributor on this forum.

22 hours ago, baansgr said:

I remember the days of the French Franc, Lire and Drachma.... Hopefully not too long befor we see them again, was really fun traveling seeing and learning different cultures rather than just a mish mash of blandness....

I don't recall the introduction of the Euro also heralding a European-wide cultural homogenisation. If you need to rely upon a piece of paper in your pocket to instruct you with regards to the cultural references that should should be experiencing then I would suggest that foreign travel is not your forte. 

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

I have real doubts that you are a genuine contributor on this forum.

Another baiting comment without relevance when a fact is introduced that EU companies are still investiing in the UK regsrdless of leaving in only 18 months