legalization of documents Brit Embassy will not stamp

1 hour ago, Tanoshi said:

12. A copy of the evidence of education and certificate of employment issued by the foreigner’s former employer (must be translated into Thai or English and certified by local or overseas Embassy or Consulate of the foreigner and by the Legalization Division, Ministry of  Foreign Affairs of Thailand)

Seems clear enough, a lot if us retirees do something similar with our letters of income. But then:

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

I can assure you that they want the original documents certified (aka legalized) not the copies of them that is presented. Others have been through it and that is what was wanted.

It might be useful if Ubonjoe told us exactly how the "Others" dealt with this.

On 11/17/2017 at 9:51 AM, nausea said:

It might be useful if Ubonjoe told us exactly how the "Others" dealt with this.

They either got their education certificates legalized or went out to a nearby embassy or consulate to get the non-b visa.

• Thanks 1

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:39 AM, Tanoshi said:

With respect, I was involved in getting UK documents certified and legalised to be legally accepted documents in a number of Countries

A Thai lawyer cannot certify a UK document, neither are the British Embassy prepared to certify his UK documents.

Have you actually read the requirements in 12.

If indeed Immigration want the original documents 'legalising' then the process is as I previously posted.

Don't conflate different issues or different requirements

I have a reasonable understanding of the legal technicalities of the terms being used (and mis-used) and the technical differences in terminology being bandied around as a qualified legal professional 

A suitably qualified Thai lawyer can certify a UK document in appropriate circumstances.

That doesn't mean that I am saying that that is the case here. Nor have I done so

I made it very clear that my response was very specifically in response to advice that the OP go to a UK Notary which advice clearly demonstrated a lack of knowledge of the legal system and requirements both in the UK and in Thailand.

That was all