UK B1 English Test (Worse Case Scenario)

Hi All,

Looking for a bit of advice

My wife has been in the UK for 4 years so can apply for ILR towards the middle of next year.  We’ve been working hard to improve her English and working through the Life in the UK test.  However, she has always struggled a little (although its mainly confidence) with her English.  I’m just wondering worse scenario if she can’t pass the B1 English test can she apply for a further period of FLR?   If so, would then just be a case of sitting the A2 English test (At the time of her last extension she only needed A1).

Many Thanks

14 hours ago, magicroundabout said:

I’m just wondering worse scenario if she can’t pass the B1 English test can she apply for a further period of FLR?

Yes, and if she hasn't achieved B1 and/or passed the LitUK test when that expires she can apply for FLR again.

Indeed she could carry on applying for FLR every 30 months even if she never meets the requirements for ILR.

That's the situation at present; there is no guarantee, of course, that a future government wont limit the number of times someone can apply for FLR.

14 hours ago, magicroundabout said:

If so, would then just be a case of sitting the A2 English test (At the time of her last extension she only needed A1).

Yes, she will need A2 for any future FLR application.