Electrical wires catch fire

Rimmer

Electrical wires catch fire

image.png

PATTAYA:--Another of Pattaya’s infamous tangles of electrical wires burst into flames again, causing a blackout on Sukhumvit Soi 73.

Firefighters took about 10 minutes to extinguish the flames coming from lines strung outside a commercial building. No one was injured, although the fire and crowd of onlookers brought traffic to a standstill.

Local businesses reported the neighborhood was hit by a power outage just before the wires started smoking.

pattaya_mail_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Pattaya Mail 2017-11-17

Interesting statement, "Another of Pattaya’s infamous tangles of electrical wires burst into flames again,..."  Has this happened to this tangle of wire before or does it mean this is the second time a bundle of wires have caught fire?  Just curious as the language speaks volumes about the writer's skill.

Edited by wotsdermatter
more information included

Seen it several times in my 20 years. Twice outside the windows of my condo. According to security, snakes caused it and the fire took hold of the bundle of internet etc. wires below. They found parts of the fried rather large snake below. Both times I was able to extinguish with large foam extinguisher from a window, leaving the Soi snow-covered. Both times my fiber optic line survived it...   But have seen bad ones on Bouakao and Walking Str. A miracle it does not happen more often. MS>

Edited by moonseeker