Police closing clubs early yesterday (Friday)

bbi1

Does anyone know what's the deal with the cops closing the clubs early this morning around 3:30pm? Well, except a few handful of clubs. They closed 808 and Lucifer around that time, and probably a few more. Has this been happening recently? Is it due to the navy being in town and they don't want their boys partying too hard? Lol

A post has been removed

26) The Bangkok Post and Phuketwan do not allow quotes from their news articles or other material to appear on Thaivisa.com. Neither do they allow links to their publications. Posts from members containing quotes from or links to Bangkok Post or Phuketwan publications will be deleted from the forum.

These restrictions are put in place by the above publications, not Thaivisa.com
In rare cases, forum Administrators or the news team may use these sources under special permission.

18 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Does anyone know what's the deal with the cops closing the clubs early this morning around 3:30pm?

As already stated 3.30 pm is not very early in the morning.
Regarding your question. You think it might have to do with that they should have been closed about 1,5 H already?

02:00 or 2 A.M. is the official closing time.

Since a whole lot of top brass and government types are in Pattaya for the 'boat show', I assume the local authorities have opted to put on a good show to make it look like it's always a law-abiding place.

Normal service will be resumed shortly, Please do not adjust your set.

PS. Did they clean out the coconut bar and round up the ladyboys as well?

7 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I assume so.....a couple of the prettier beach rd ladies have sought refuge with me until the fleet departs......:thumbsup:

heart of gold I have.....:cheesy:

1 hour ago, Techno Viking said:

isnt closing time 2am ?

u need to get out more if that's what u think. Time to take a stroll out of your room every now and then :) closing time is 5:30am or even after 8am, depending on where ;)

13 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

02:00 or 2 A.M. is the official closing time.

Since a whole lot of top brass and government types are in Pattaya for the 'boat show', I assume the local authorities have opted to put on a good show to make it look like it's always a law-abiding place.

Normal service will be resumed shortly, Please do not adjust your set.

That would explain it. But there still are a few clubs that went on like business as usual ;)

5 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

u need to get out more if that's what u think. Time to take a stroll out of your room every now and then :) closing time is 5:30am or even after 8am, depending on where ;)

The closing time as stated on their operating licenses is 5.30am and 8am ?

Amazing Thailand !!

1 minute ago, Techno Viking said:

The closing time as stated on their  operating licenses is 5.30am and 8am ?

Amazing Thailand !!

Yep it sure is amazing thailand. Time to get out of the room more and experience amazing thailand.

7 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

Sorry Pal, I dont need to experience that side of Thailand but please stop whinging when a club is closed "early"..... they are supposed to be closed at 2am.

Who cares when they're " supposed" to close. This is thailand, they're supposed to close whenever they usually close. If u want strict rules, don't live in Thailand bro.

Just now, bbi1 said:

Who cares when they're " supposed" to close. This is thailand, they're supposed to close whenever they usually close. If u want strict rules, don't live in Thailand bro.

When they close has no impact on my life so don't really care either way but their licence hours is 2am so anything after that you should consider a bonus.

14 hours ago, johnno2 said:

well done Sherlock, you have solved another tricky thaivisa case. 

the police closed them cos they were open too early:shock1:

Instead of too late.

Either way outside their permitted licensing hours.

No it has not  been happening recently, I expect it is a special effort for the Navy show.