Pdf - Error Opening This Document

Daffy D

Maybe this is one of those things that every one except me knows already but I have picked up lots of useful bits of information from this Forum so thought I’d put this out as it maybe of interest to someone else.

My computer understands and writes and reads Thai so usually don’t have any language problems.

The other day I was trying to open a PDF file (instructions for my new TOT modem) and all I was getting was “Error cannot open this file syntax error bla-bla-bla”

The problem (I found out eventually) was the PDF file name. It was in Thai. By changing the name to English the file opened no problem.

The contents were still in Thai but that is another story. :o

D.D. :D

If the Windows OS is installed as english version it will not recognize files while the filename is written in Thai! By installing a MUI package (Multilanguage User Interface) and here Thai, you can open the file directly. It is also possible to change the complete Layout to Thai Language include the Help files if MUI is installed.

If the Windows OS is installed as english version it will not recognize files while the filename is written in Thai! By installing a MUI package (Multilanguage User Interface) and here Thai, you can open the file directly. It is also possible to change the complete Layout to Thai Language include the Help files if MUI is installed.

Where do I find this MUI package?

I’m not sure I really need it or maybe I have it already installed. I do not want to convert the whole layout to the Thai language, that accidentally happened once and had to get to Ms D go through the whole system finding the right reversal keystrokes.

As originally mentioned my computer is “bilingual” and can save and open Thai named programs like Word and MP3 files used by Ms D. no problem. That’s why I was surprised it could not handle a PDF file.

D.D.