Tailored Shirts

Jip99

I've never managed to get a decent shirt yet from any tailor here.

The material just does not hold up after only a couple of washes.

The collars & cuffs blow out & colour fades as well.

Unless you are out-sized then I'd look to buy from Singapore or Hong Kong

I haven't noticed any new & impressive shops opening in the past few years. Hence you'll probably get the same advice as in previous threads.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=pattaya+tailor+site:thaivisa.com&hl=en&dcr=0&ei=zUQSWviRB4rtvgShn7LwBQ&start=10&sa=N&biw=1536&bih=686&dpr=1.25

Here's a more recent one:

NanLaew and I give a qualified recommendation to Michelle, the tailor immediately to the left of the TQ on Beach Road. Not a large selection but you'll probably find something. Have a few beers at TQ (if perchance one of the good DJs is playing actual rock 'n' roll) then mosey on over. Bargain for a good price.

Our connoisseurs of fine tailoring (and all else) will observe that Pattaya quality ain't that great. True, but cheaper & good 'nuff. By the time your shirt falls apart, it's stained beyond cleaning and you're tired of it anyway. :smile:

I have suits shirts shorts (trouser style not beachwear) made at O Tailor L/H side behind Tuk.com

Always good quality....never been disappointed

One tip make sure you tell them that you don't want close fitting otherwise it will be like a police uniform ..... Unbearable

Edited by DD13
Omission

1 hour ago, bheard said:

I apologise for such a stupid comment. However it does in fact reflect my experience. I bought too many tailored shirts a while back in BKK and these days they just hang unused and dejected in my wardrobe. ☹️

Sent from my F3116 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Apology accepted ??

Your logic is actually sound, but I need more for an overseas.

37 minutes ago, DD13 said:

I have suits shirts shorts (trouser style not beachwear) made at O Tailor L/H side behind Tuk.com

Always good quality....never been disappointed

One tip make sure you tell them that you don't want close fitting otherwise it will be like a police uniform ..... Unbearable

I have not had any clothes made for a long time. If I can ask what sort of prices for shirts and shorts these days?

8 hours ago, topt said:

I have not had any clothes made for a long time. If I can ask what sort of prices for shirts and shorts these days?

As I remember approx'

Shorts (Chino style material) B1,000

Shirts around B500-700

2 pce Suit (good quality material) made  

exactly to my requirement

e.g all round hand stitching,

pockets as req'd,

quality silk lining etc.

I also ask for 4 button opening cuffs along with actual lapel button hole

I look for a style I like in mens magazines, photocopy it, and they will make it exactly so

24 minutes ago, DD13 said:

As I remember approx'

Shorts (Chino style material) B1,000

Shirts around B500-700

2 pce Suit (good quality material) made  

exactly to my requirement

e.g all round hand stitching,

pockets as req'd,

quality silk lining etc.

I also ask for 4 button opening cuffs along with actual lapel button hole

I look for a style I like in mens magazines, photocopy it, and they will make it exactly so

Suit was B5,000

6 hours ago, thinkingman said:

Classic Tailors next to Massic Travel on the little alley behind 2nd road across from Royal Garden.  Take a shirt that fits you to be copied. Cost $30 each or so and wear like iron.

Maybe the management has changed since I tried that place years ago, but . . . .

1. Be sure to get the price in writing before work begins.

2. Expect an unfriendly attitude if you request several (needed) changes in succession.

Agree! That is why I take my favorite shirt from home to be copied. Then you can make choices on monogram, button down, etc.  Take a look at the fit on your favorite shirt, when the top is buttoned, the collar should meet in a sharp inverted V. One of the hallmarks of a custom fitted shirt. They can make this modification in the copies if you request it.

they request a deposit of around 50%, so you will know the price. 

On 11/20/2017 at 9:39 AM, SidJames said:

I've never managed to get a decent shirt yet from any tailor here.

The material just does not hold up after only a couple of washes.

Buy your own material from the shop next to tukcom. The way to do this is to go to the tailor shops on the soi from the corner of tukcom where the fabric shop is, let them measure, ask how much fabric they need and go get it. The shop will order 100% high quality cotton if they don't have it in stock. It's been a while since I did that, shirts are still good and costed something like 500-600baht including work.

On 20/11/2017 at 9:25 AM, notamember said:

SUIT MARK tailor shop near Tukcom multi storey car park

had numerous suits and shirts made here

very happy

Thank you.

I wandered into Suit Mark today. I found them very helpful and friendly.

Got by with my limited Thai and their limited English. Asked the price for one shirt and was told by the lady 600 Baht.... that was my top line so I asked for 500 Baht each If I bought 10. After a quick discussion with her husband? they agreed.

They had a better range of materials than my previous tailor on Second Road and I finished up ordering 12 shirts.

First fitting on Friday.

On 11/22/2017 at 11:21 PM, Jip99 said:

Thank you.

I wandered into Suit Mark today. I found them very helpful and friendly.

Got by with my limited Thai and their limited English. Asked the price for one shirt and was told by the lady 600 Baht.... that was my top line so I asked for 500 Baht each If I bought 10. After a quick discussion with her husband? they agreed.

They had a better range of materials than my previous tailor on Second Road and I finished up ordering 12 shirts.

First fitting on Friday.

Good. Let us know how that all goes.

On 11/21/2017 at 8:42 AM, thinkingman said:

Agree! That is why I take my favorite shirt from home to be copied. Then you can make choices on monogram, button down, etc.  Take a look at the fit on your favorite shirt, when the top is buttoned, the collar should meet in a sharp inverted V. One of the hallmarks of a custom fitted shirt. They can make this modification in the copies if you request it.

they request a deposit of around 50%, so you will know the price. 

Don't all collars (excepting Grandpa styles) meet in an inverted V when top is buttoned?