Illegal immigrants escape from detention on Songkhla

webfact

Illegal immigrants escape from detention

By The Nation

A total of 20 illegal immigrants, suspected to be Uighurs from China, escaped from their detention room at the immigration office in Songkhla's Sadao district early on Monday.

Police said the detainees broke out of the hall where they were being held at around 2am.

It was being used to house 25 suspected Uighurs, five of whom did not escape.

Songkhla police are now trying to locate the missing ones.

The 25 had been found among a large group of Uighurs at the Tone Nga Chang waterfall in Songkhla in 2015. They claimed to be Turkish and wanted to travel to Turkey.

Most of them were deported to China but the 25 detainees insisted on travelling to Turkey instead. At the time of their escape their nationalities had still not been verified.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30332038

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-20

Sadao immigration police face probe after 20 Uighurs escape

By The Nation

The police deputy commissioner-general, Pol General Srivara Ransibrahmanakul, set up a committee on Monday to investigate officers at the Sadao district immigration office in Songkhla following the escape of 20 Uighur inmates.

Srivara said the officers in charge of the detention centre had to face an investigation because they had erred in their duty. He said he would consult with the Immigration Bureau chief to consider whether any of the officers should be transferred.

A total of 25 Uighurs were detained at the office, but 20 of them escaped at 2am on Monday.

Srivara said he was informed that the Uighurs used equipment found the detention room to break a hole in the wall.

He said he had instructed the Immigration Bureau to coordinate with Provincial Police Bureau 9 to try to hunt down the escaping Uighurs.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332055

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-20

Twenty Chinese Uighurs use blankets to escape Thai cell

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Twenty ethnic Uighur Muslims from China broke out of a detention centre near the Thai-Malaysia border, Thai officials said on Monday, after digging holes in the wall and using blankets as ladders.

The 20 were part of the last remaining group of more than 200 Uighurs who were detained in 2014.

Members of the group identified themselves as Turkish citizens and asked to be sent to Turkey but more than 100 were forcibly returned to China in July 2015, a move that sparked international condemnation, including from rights groups who feared they could face torture in China.

Hundreds of people have died in recent years in China's troubled far western region of Xinjiang due to violence between majority Han Chinese and Uighurs, who speak a Turkic language.

Over the years, hundreds, possibly thousands, of Uighurs have escaped unrest in Xinjiang by travelling clandestinely via Southeast Asia to Turkey.

Twenty-five Uighurs dug through their cell wall using broken tiles and then used blankets to climb out of the cell to make their dramatic escape from the detention centre in Thailand's southern Songkhla province, immigration officials said.

Five were caught but the rest fled, officials said.

"Twenty are still at large," Police Captain Prasit Timmakarn, sub-inspector of the detention centre, told Reuters, adding: "Heavy rain helped to mask the loud escape noises."

Prasit said authorities have set up checkpoints along the border.

In August 2015, a bomb planted at Bangkok's Erawan shrine killed 20 people, most of them foreign tourists. Thai police arrested two Uighur men who are still on trial.

Authorities said the attack was prompted by an earlier crackdown on human smuggling networks but many analysts and diplomats said it was likely an act of revenge for Thailand's deportation to China of the more than 100 Uighurs.

The Chinese government has blamed much of the Xinjiang unrest on separatist Islamist militants, though rights groups and exiles say that anger over tightening Chinese controls on the religion and culture of Uighurs is more to blame.

China routinely denies any repression in Xinjiang.

(Reporting by Panarat Thepgumpanat; Writing by Panu Wongcha-um; Editing by Amy Sawitta Lefevre and Nick Macfie)

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2017-11-20

5 hours ago, hansnl said:

They speak Turkish, sort of, and Turkey supports them, sort of, so they try to claim to be Turkish in the hope to not be delivered into the kind care of the Chinese.

Better be careful with them, remember?

What a wierd comment.  They do not speak Turkish, we are writing in a language much closer to German than Uyghur is close to Turkish, but presumably you would not refer to English as being sort of German.   Uyghur and Turkish are completely different languages following over 1000 years of separation.  They are Turkic people, the ethnic group, not Turkish, which is a nationality composing of several ethnicities actually including thousands of Uyghurs.  They are not claiming to be Turkish, they know what they are and they do not need to hope, they know that Turkey will give them asylum if they can make it there, actually most countries would give them asylum, but Turkey has been going the extra mile and assisting them if they can make it as far as Malaysia.  And they should not need to choose somewhere to try not to be returned to China, we have the convention on refugees to protect them from that, unfortunately Thailand is not a ratified member and so Thailand is sometimes their last stop.  But yes, Thailand should be careful with them, and perhaps all victims of persecution who are merely wishing to pass through on their way to a country willing to take them.

Actually your comment is the weird one !!! I speak Turkish my parents are Cypriot Turks and I can converse in Turkish with an Uygur Turk quite easily the language is about 70-75% the same words may be pronounced differently but they are the same words and all a mainland Turk needs to do is listen carefully and it’s negligable same with Turkmen, Khazaks, Özbeks, Azerbaijani,Tatars,Sogdians and then there are a few more I can name off the top of my head, and we can all understand each other!!!!

it always surprises me when people make stupid comments, even the Native Americans are a Turkic people although we share very few negligable words in common one source of proof is their biggest inland body of water! Lake Hava Su , Hava Su means Sky water!!! 

33 minutes ago, TurkAussie said:

Actually your comment is the weird one !!! I speak Turkish my parents are Cypriot Turks and I can converse in Turkish with an Uygur Turk quite easily the language is about 70-75% the same words may be pronounced differently but they are the same words and all a mainland Turk needs to do is listen carefully and it’s negligable same with Turkmen, Khazaks, Özbeks, Azerbaijani,Tatars,Sogdians and then there are a few more I can name off the top of my head, and we can all understand each other!!!!

it always surprises me when people make stupid comments, even the Native Americans are a Turkic people although we share very few negligable words in common one source of proof is their biggest inland body of water! Lake Hava Su , Hava Su means Sky water!!! 

Funny but all the other languages you named are in the same family group, I know all the various Common Turkic language speakers can understand each other but I am very surprised to hear that you understand Uyghur so easily and I understood it that it was more like 10-15% of words being similar.  They really have been separate for well over 1000 years whereas all the others you named have influenced each other within the last centuries. I do not believe there is any language that has become separated from its origin for over 1000 years and remained understandable.  I am sorry but what you claim just doesn't add up.

As for your lake Havasu nonsense, it comes from the Mojave for blue sky, that it has a similar meaning in Turkish is just a coincidence, no idea why you thought that having one word the same was proof!  Turks did not populate North America despite what some supremacist Turks will tell you, I can't believe people even believe that nonsense, they had been separated for about 15,000 years longer than there have even been Turks!   The Turkic languages are nowhere near as old as the native Americans have been in the Americas and DNA has actually proven that there is exactly zero fact in the baseless claim that North Americans are Turks.

actually it’s DNA that’s the real proof we all share the same Haplogroup! Check it out for yourself, in fact Turks can be traced back to at least 6000 B.C just check the History books about how Yogurt was invented!!!

and for a non Turkish speaker to Tell a Turkish speaker that he can understand somebody speaking Turkish is ridiculous in itself, like I said the Language is not identical and many words are pronounced differently but they are the same words and very understandable to a Turkish speaker one instance is that in modern Turkish we use a soft g which makes a sound like NG in Vietnamese bout in uygur that G is not soft it’s pronounced as a G yet the same word is used!!

Same as what Australia does to it’s refugee’s , Sad state of affairs when a country decides to institutionalize a human who is running from oppression, warfare or famine to make a better life somewhere else, then finally release them back into the world after being treated as a caged animal and then not expect them to become Criminals!!!!

1 hour ago, TurkAussie said:

actually it’s DNA that’s the real proof we all share the same Haplogroup! Check it out for yourself, in fact Turks can be traced back to at least 6000 B.C just check the History books about how Yogurt was invented!!!

and for a non Turkish speaker to Tell a Turkish speaker that he can understand somebody speaking Turkish is ridiculous in itself, like I said the Language is not identical and many words are pronounced differently but they are the same words and very understandable to a Turkish speaker one instance is that in modern Turkish we use a soft g which makes a sound like NG in Vietnamese bout in uygur that G is not soft it’s pronounced as a G yet the same word is used!!

Mitochondrial DNA shows that they have been separate about 15 times longer than anything that could be considered Turkish is old, your claim using the name of a lake as evidence was just ridiculous nonsense, not your own nonsense but some old nonsense from racial supremacist Turks that was blindly repeated by you.

I have no idea what you are on about with you comment about non Turkish people claiming to be able to understand Turkish, were you perchance projecting?

The fact is that all the other languages you named were heavily influenced by Arabic and Persian, more than half of words in Common Turkic languages have these origins, whereas Uyghur does not share this influence, so it must at least be over 50% different.

52 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

Mitochondrial DNA shows that they have been separate about 15 times longer than anything that could be considered Turkish is old, your claim using the name of a lake as evidence was just ridiculous nonsense, not your own nonsense but some old nonsense from racial supremacist Turks that was blindly repeated by you.

I have no idea what you are on about with you comment about non Turkish people claiming to be able to understand Turkish, were you perchance projecting?

The fact is that all the other languages you named were heavily influenced by Arabic and Persian, more than half of words in Common Turkic languages have these origins, whereas Uyghur does not share this influence, so it must at least be over 50% different.

And I feel certain many in this forum including myself have no idea why you choose to continue this thread. Turks, Uyghurs...not a relavent issue here...it's not called THAI Visa forum for nothing you know. Thanks!

6 hours ago, Kieran00001 said:

I agree it’s not exactly the same but it is enough that I can speak with them in fact I have not only met but listened to Rabiye Kadeer talk on many occasions so you are really wrong

6 hours ago, daftdada said:

And I feel certain many in this forum including myself have no idea why you choose to continue this thread. Turks, Uyghurs...not a relavent issue here...it's not called THAI Visa forum for nothing you know. Thanks!

You do realise the topic of this thread is about Uyghurs, don't you?

48 minutes ago, TurkAussie said:

I agree it’s not exactly the same but it is enough that I can speak with them in fact I have not only met but listened to Rabiye Kadeer talk on many occasions so you are really wrong

so your telling me that this Uygur guy singing in Uygur is not singing Turkish? If you really believe that then it’s obvious you don’t speak Turkish, and to daftdada sorry but this thread is related to an article about Uygur Turks so if it does not interest please feel free to move on to a different topic on a different thread

To come back ON TOPIC... :wink:

did theThai police manage to find the 20 escaped illegal Uyghur immigrants already ?....

I mean, no money, no food, barely clothes I suppose; shouldn't be that difficult in an area like Songhkla

16 hours ago, geistfunke said:

"detained in 2014" - for three years in the detention centre? Crazy....

Only 25 escaped, 5 were caught  -  I wold have rather all 200 of them escaped, it is criminal they are being kept there.........and for what reason??  No pspt's or Visa's, show me refugees with pspts anywhere they are legitimate refugees..........don't exist, either lost or confiscated along the way.

35 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

Jeeez: TurkAussie and Kieran00001, you're fighting a personal war about the language whilst the topic is about escaped illegal Uyghurs....

I wonder if they're reading this topic but I'm afraid not, being on the run without laptops and mobiles :laugh:

Yeah, well the original reason for the slightly off topic debate was whether or not they will be at home in Turkey if they make it there, it did have some relevance.  And they may well already be in an Uyghur safe house in Bangkok enjoying the likes of internet access, hardly unlikely, they are such a well organised and connected bunch.

An off topic bickering debate regarding Turkish language usage has been removed.  Posts using foreign language in this debate have been removed as well:

English is the only acceptable language anywhere on ThaiVisa including Classifieds, except within the Thai language forum, where of course using Thai is allowed.

13 minutes ago, Kieran00001 said:

And they may well already be in an Uyghur safe house in Bangkok enjoying the likes of internet access, hardly unlikely, they are such a well organised and connected bunch.

:ph34r:...you're saying: ".....a well organised and connected bunch" ?

They sure are.

On a Saturday evening, exactly the same time and 2 weeks before March 2nd, 2014, three very dear people to me were waiting calmly on the train station in Kunming/China, waiting for their train-connection; three people I dearly love.

They were extremely lucky and so was I because on that dark evening of Saturday, March 2, 2014,...

:ph34r: 31 (!) completely innocent people were slaughtered/murdered to death with knives and swords by 8 young Uyghur terrorist boys and girls:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_Kunming_attack

12 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

They sure are.

On a Saturday evening, exactly the same time and 2 weeks before March 2nd, 2014, three very dear people to me were waiting calmly on the train station in Kunming/China, waiting for their train-connection; three people I dearly love.

They were extremely lucky and so was I because on that dark evening of Saturday, March 2, 2014,...

:ph34r: 31 (!) completely innocent people were slaughtered/murdered to death with knives and swords by 8 young Uyghur terrorist boys and girls:

That is a horrific incident with no valid excuse, but it’s always what happens when people are persecuted and annexed by another country just like the Palestinians, I do not in anyway condone this behavior but I can see how people can reach this mindset after years of oppression and helplessness , they confuse the citizens of the occupying county for the government and think that their dead’s will somehow make a difference however if anything it just makes their plight far worse

10 minutes ago, LaoPo said:

They sure are.

Yes, they have a terrorist element, but that was not what I was referring to, their escape network is well organised, I hope you don't now think that a million people should suffer due to the actions of a few, and I think it is always important to consider just what it takes to turn a man to killing innocents just to get their voice heard.

12 minutes ago, TurkAussie said:

That is a horrific incident with no valid excuse, but it’s always what happens when people are persecuted and annexed by another country just like the Palestinians, I do not in anyway condone this behavior but I can see how people can reach this mindset after years of oppression and helplessness , they confuse the citizens of the occupying county for the government and think that their dead’s will somehow make a difference however if anything it just makes their plight far worse

I agree to a certain extent and ALL innocent murders by ethnic groups or countries are horrible.

In Turkey they deny the Armenian genocide...and look what's happening in the Middle East with IS and look what's happening right now between the Sunnis and Shiites conflict..both Muslims.

What a world :ph34r:

An off topic post about Native American migration has been removed as well as the reply. 

Some more off topic posts and replies have been removed:

7. Please do not post off-topic responses in an attempt to hijack the thread. Such posts will be deleted. 

Archived