Foreigners queuing up to be hit in the back by monk with a hammer!

webfact

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

19 hours ago, merlin2002 said:

Thais are so gullible, they believe anything if it is perceived to have health or wealth benefits... no doubt there is an amulet and lottery seller outside this temple....

i do agree with you but it may well be a case of a lot of these Thai people are so desperate for a better life its the only hope they have.

2 hours ago, lvr181 said:

Really? Name a 'magic cure all pill' that is sold in a first world western nation? :whistling:

I have a daughter who has a secondary (metastic) breast cancer and is treated with Trastuzumab (a monoclonal antibody from a pharamaceutical company) that has kept her alive for now 15 years and she is still able to enjoy a reasonable good quality of life. Yet to see any other non-pharmaceutical product that has done better. Excuse me if I am sceptical of meaningless wide ranging comments like yours and I hope you never get ill.

Apologies to readers who feel that this maybe slightly "off topic". 

I was speaking metaphorically in response to the prior post, guess you failed to pickup on that small point. 

Edited by Artisi

Don’t discount the placebo effect.  It has been demonstrated countless times to be as effective as pharmaceuticals.  It demonstrates the inherent ability of the body to repair itself.  All one needs to do is beleive what you are doing is going to work for you ... sceptics need not apply!

Works with pills, not hammers!

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

10 hours ago, hgma said:

scandal...monk touches women with her knickers pulling out of her trouser , one reason why more and more Buddhist fractions pop up................i wish they stayed in the temple, and collecting alms in the morning!

#themtoo ?

On 11/21/2017 at 11:11 AM, Pimay1 said:

These monk scams never cease to amaze me. But if there weren't any ignorant participants there wouldn't be any scams.

19 years ago i was treated by a Tibetan monk in India using the same procedure and cured from a terrible backache caused by an accident when water skiing. wore the stiff collar for months and retired it after the treatment. go figure!

conclusion: not all monk "stuff" is a scam.

8 hours ago, Naam said:

19 years ago i was treated by a Tibetan monk in India using the same procedure and cured from a terrible backache caused by an accident when water skiing. wore the stiff collar for months and retired it after the treatment. go figure!

Unfortunately some are so indoctrinated and conditioned to the hype of so called Western "medicine" they can neither see, understand or even consider that anything else has validity although practiced for thousands of years in some cases. 

13 hours ago, Naam said:

"conclusion: not all monk "stuff" is a scam."

Maybe so, but unfortunately too much monk "stuff" is a 'scam'.

1 hour ago, lvr181 said:

"conclusion: not all monk "stuff" is a scam."

Maybe so, but unfortunately too much monk "stuff" is a 'scam'.

Maybe, but what does monk "stuff" have to do with Buddhism, usually streets apart. 

I have 2 observations from this and other like posts:

1. Get involved in monk "stuff" at your own peril. 

2. In this instance, if the hammer wielder had of been a young Thai girl with big boobs, most of you would be lined up for a treatment instead of making such a song and dance over nothing. 

On ‎11‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 10:22 PM, merlin2002 said:

Thais are so gullible, they believe anything if it is perceived to have health or wealth benefits... no doubt there is an amulet and lottery seller outside this temple....

Quite the generalization I'd say. I wonder of you just like living in LOS and enjoy Thai bashing, You are a real piece of work