Beware of Shoppee

edwardandtubs

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I recently had a problem with a seller on Lazada. The seller advertised a 12 month warranty on the bluetooth speaker I bought, so when it failed to connect with my tablet after using it for 3 weeks I returned it. They kept it for 10 days, said there was nothing wrong with it, and returned it to me. It still had the same problem, but the seller just refused to do any more about it. It's never the products fault in Thailand, only the buyers. Not going to use Lazada again, the sellers warranties are worthless.

Credit card protection lasts for 6 months, more people should use it

• Haha 1

Flame post removed.

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

Nothing wrong with the seller of the bluetooth speaker, because from the thread you started regarding it is clear that the problem is with the cheapest of the cheap tablet you bought.

You usually get what you pay for.

The faulty speaker doesn't connect to my partners Asus tablet either, and I have 3 other devices connected to my tablet, a soundbar, another speaker and headphones. How do you explain that? Is 3000 baht the "cheapest of the cheap" for a 7" tablet? Could have fooled me.

• Haha 1

On 9/4/2018 at 2:09 PM, taiping said:

I bought a new boxed Xiaomi phone at MBK. After a couple of years took it to Xiaomi at Pantip Plaza. They directed me to a service center co in Pantip. They would not fix it because the phone was a gray import (from serial number), even though I was prepared to pay. Bought a Samsung as replacement.

So, I have learnt my lesson. Only buy from an authorized phone dealer or phone manufacturer outlet.

Thank you to tell us, maybe no more Xiaomi for me, even if I like the idea to change to stop samsung from controlling the market.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:42 PM, Ks45672 said:

Credit card protection lasts for 6 months, more people should use it

In Thailand there is not credit card protection and Lazada usually does not accept foreign credit card, knowing how easy it is in some country to cancel any purchase.

34 minutes ago, gaff said:

In Thailand there is not credit card protection and Lazada usually does not accept foreign credit card, knowing how easy it is in some country to cancel any purchase.

I have been and continue to use my UK card at Lazada without issue.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gaff said:

Yes, there is purchase protection on Thai credit cards 

In Europe you can dispute a charge over the phone so it's a bit easier 

In Thailand its a bit more work but I have done it few times over the years

1: Call the bank first and tell them what happened

They will send you the chargeback initiation form by email or post 

2: you can print and fill in the form they email you and send it back or if that's too much work just go into the branch  and let the nice girl help you ..... 

Each time i got refunded in the next billing cycle, Bangkok bank and visa don't lose anything because they just reverse it back from the merchant ....

Its in their own best interests to ensure their customers are not scammed/sold defective merchandise etc

The t+c  sometimes only comes in Thai but here's an excerpt regarding goods defective or unfit for purpose :

B( The Company shall not deprive the Cardholder of right to cancel the purchase of goods or request for the service within the 45 days as from the date of purchase order or request for service or within a period of 30 days from the due date for delivery of goods or service. In case the due date for the delivery of goods and services is prescribed in writing, if the Cardholder can prove that he/she has not made such purchase order or request the service, or that he/she has not obtained the goods within the prescribed time, or the goods or service is defective or does not otherwise satisfy the purpose for which it was provided, the Company shall suspend the collection of payment from the Cardholder. If such transaction has been made domestically and the collection of payment has been made, the company shall make a refund to the Cardholder within 30 days as from the date notification of the Cardholder. If such transaction has been made abroad, the Company shall make a refund to the Cardholder within 60 days as from the date of the notification of the Cardholder.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gaff said:

Nonsense -- I recently had an unauthorised charge on my Thai credit card and they immediately reversed the charge which appeared on the next monthly statement. They also cancelled the card and sent me a new one for security reasons.

• Haha 1