Thai football rocked as 12 arrested for match-fixing

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

“Match-fixing is like a bad disease or a cancer in our body that needs to be cured immediately.

Apparently this man isn't aware of the fact that most 'bad diseases' - especially cancer - cannot be 'cured immediately'. His comparison is therefore accurate, albeit unwillingly.

Whatever anyone might say to the contrary, Somyot's credentials are impeccable. Who can question the PM's judgement when giving him a resounding endorsement and congratulations for a job well done in the Koh Tao murders investigation which resulted in the B2s' incarceration!  

7 minutes ago, The Teacher said:

Merely chicken feed for these bottom dwellers, there would most certainly bigger fish to fry further up the ladder, You can guarantee that .....:post-4641-1156693976::post-4641-1156693976:

Unfortunately, in the Kingdom, there appears to be no or little appetite to try and catch the bigger fish! As long as the low hanging fruit is harvested then 'face' is saved, a pat on the back, smiles allround and everyone is happy that the matter has been dealt with. :coffee1: 

Thus 'corruption' continues ad infinitum ad nauseam :post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by lvr181
Additional comment

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

Is there any area of Thai society free from corruption?  Until severe punishments are enforced nothing will change.

Nothing ever will change, not with any punishment or other.

It's in the genes and totally acceptable in Thailand.

Instead of fighting this, use it.

Roll with the ball so to speak. :WPFflags:

18 hours ago, car720 said:

I always mean everything I say.  Even when I am in the wrong.

So in your opinion '...everyone...' has wants/does (?) commit larceny. Well that must include yourself and you have spoken for everyone else too. A very suspicious nature eh?

Seriously, who cares? It's soccer, a limp-wristed sport (cough cough) played by limp-wristed men.

I have an image of a bunch of these nancy boys rolling around on the ground holding their knees.

The NHL...NFL...CFL...rugby...Aussie Rules Football...those are real sports played by real men.

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

Seriously, who cares? It's soccer, a limp-wristed sport (cough cough) played by limp-wristed men.

I have an image of a bunch of these nancy boys rolling around on the ground holding their knees.

The NHL...NFL...CFL...rugby...Aussie Rules Football...those are real sports played by real men.

A "stirring" statement! :smile:

5 hours ago, TKDfella said:

So in your opinion '...everyone...' has wants/does (?) commit larceny. Well that must include yourself and you have spoken for everyone else too. A very suspicious nature eh?

Flattery will get you anywhere.