PM hints he may not reveal results of answers to four questions posed in June

webfact

PM hints he may not reveal results of answers to four questions posed in June

By Wasamon Audjarint 
The Nation

b95946fd8db329903f21a06743329491.jpeg

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha on Tuesday strongly hinted that the government might not reveal official collated results of the answers to his original “four questions”, despite having gathered opinions from around a million respondents on politicians and elections.

While 10-day updates have been made to Prayut since the survey started in June, the premier said that releasing such information to the public would “give the impression that we gather information to favour ourselves”.

“I want to gather the answers only to adjust the administration to people’s needs,” the PM said during his weekly press briefing “If we publicise the answers, they [critics] will only hit me again for formulating answers for my benefit.”

Damromgdhamma centres under the Interior Ministry have been assigned to operate booths, where respondents have to identify themselves with national ID cards, write their answers on the forms provided and then submit them.

The questions campaign has been criticised for not only failing to be conducted scientifically and neutrally, but also for its perceived tendency to guide the public to disapprove of democracy and doubt Thailand’s democratic system.

Earlier this month, Prayut released another set of “six questions” in the same manner, but with harsher tones.

“Is it Prayut’s or the junta’s right to support any political party?” and “Why are politicians lining up to attack the government?” are among the second batch of questions.

As with the previous four questions, Prayut insisted that respondents must physically be present at the government-run booths to write down their answers.

He believes that using the more convenient online channel would only make respondents “irresponsible” in their answers.

“You have to be fair with us also. It’s not like we’re going to track you down for your answers or anything,” he said, adding, “If we make it online, people will simply say whatever they want to say, which is not very fruitful to do.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30332218

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-22

5 minutes ago, colinneil said:

The reason that they may not reveal the results is because the answers given were not what Prayut wanted to hear.

They were rhetorical questions anyway, so what does it matter either way?

26 minutes ago, Samui Bodoh said:

So, the point of the exercise was...?

Oh, by the way, does anyone believe that there were "around a million" responses? Could that have been 25,000 or so, then rounded up to the nearest million?

Just askin'

I doubt that more than about 20,000 people could be bothered to reply. The subsequent 6 questions attracted less than 20,000 responses, so that nice Mr Prayuth ordered all government employees to reply.

What a guy...

4 hours ago, webfact said:

“If we publicise the answers, they [critics] will only hit me again for formulating answers for my benefit.”

If you withhold, they say you cannot govern and are afraid of debate and scrutiny.  Hope this is the last coup, as Thailand is losing IQ points daily due to this silliness. 

b95946fd8db329903f21a06743329491.jpeg&ke

Ah, gold, today . . . who's a pretty boy then? And who's not happy with the answers to his idiotic questions? And will it be blue, tomorrow, or black, or pink? . . . yes pink suits him better, I reckon. Whatever colour, he's clearly running scared and probably already having nostalgic dreams of his gun-boy days.

lilac suit.jpg

listening.jpg

P1 & P2.jpg

singing.jpg

with rifle.jpg

On 11/22/2017 at 9:57 AM, webfact said:

He believes that using the more convenient online channel would only make respondents “irresponsible” in their answers.

At least he has identified that people being honest with him could be a very irresponsible decision for THEM.

He should notice the lack of enthusiasm this time around as an indicator of what people think.

Not publishing results can only promote a further lack of participation or respect for this futile exercise in the future.