Sap admits being paid to lie on Jomsap’s behalf

webfact

Sap admits being paid to lie on Jomsap’s behalf

By The Nation

4c81db3df8890aa3dc45a4e95c87c31e.jpeg

Sap Wapi faces a charge of perjury after admitting he was paid to falsely confess to being the driver in the fatal 2005 hit-and-run accident for which teacher Jomsap Saenmuangkhot was jailed.

The Mukdahan resident told Nakhon Phanom police chief Pol Maj Gen Suwichan Yankittikul on Wednesday that another teacher, Suriya Nuancharoen, had promised to pay him Bt400,000 to be the scapegoat in the case so that Jomsap could be exonerated.

Sap said he had not yet received the money.

Jomsap was sentenced to three years and two months in prison over the death of cyclist Lua Phorbumrung in the March 11, 2005, accident in Nakhon Phanom’s Renu Nakhon district.

She was granted a royal pardon in April 2015 after serving 18 months and sought a retrial to clear her name.

But the Supreme Court last week rejected her petition, citing suspicions of “hired scapegoats”.

Sap now insists he was at home in Mukdahan at the time of the accident.

Nakhon Phanom police have vowed to bring perjury charges against Sap and six others who they believe procured false witnesses on Jomsap’s behalf.

Sap had originally claimed that Jomsap was falsely accused due to a mix-up, since her pickup truck bore the licence plate “Bor Khor 56 Sakhon Nakhon”, while his was “Bor Khor 56 Mukdahan”.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30332243

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-22

Sap Wapi turned out to be a real "sap" for getting sucked into this. Now he will get certain jail time as this whole affair has embarrassed the police. Make the police lose face and you will really be in trouble. Additionally the dumb teacher Jomsap (gee another sap) was out of jail but had to concoct this stupid scheme for what reason. She will also be back in the big house. Too stupid for words.

2 minutes ago, glamont002 said:

Sap Wapi turned out to be a real "sap" for getting sucked into this. Now he will get certain jail time as this whole affair has embarrassed the police. Make the police lose face and you will really be in trouble. Additionally the dumb teacher Jomsap (gee another sap) was out of jail but had to concoct this stupid scheme for what reason. She will also be back in the big house. Too stupid for words.

This case has had more twists and turns than I can remember.

I wouldn't take the latest statement as gospel. This is Thailand and, particularly out in the provinces, people can be put under tremendous pressure to say things. He may have been pressured by more than one party in this very odd case. First to admit to the case and then later to deny he was involved. Who knows what the truth is? The police here don't do much in the way of investigation rather relying on confessions and pressuring witnesses to make statements.

My personal view is that it must involve some very influential people. I am sure if I wasted my time digging around in the Thai language forums, I would find out.

I presume that the lady sitting opposite Mr Sap is his Lawyer ( - if this is not the case, then he would appear to be a bit "under-represented").

I can imagine that no "evidence" of who actually said/did what will be available to, or published by,  the Authorities (certainly not after this length of time)  -  no audio- or video-recordings of conversations between the people charged, no message-texts, no emails, no letters, no financial-trails.

And so it may well end up with only (s)he said / (s)he said / (s)he confessed  -  and *if* that forms the (only) basis for the "evidence", then no-one should be found guilty of anything.

- However, I very keen to learn the details of any "real" evidence assembled by the Police against the people charged.

[I find the amount of energy that the Police has been able to invest in *this* case (as compared to the investigation into the original traffic-accident) to be *extraordinary*  -  *what* a place this country *could* be (regarding law+order) if the Police were (somehow) able to find the resources to invest a similar amount of energy in the investigation of *every* serious crime.]

Edited by andersonat

2 hours ago, andersonat said:

I presume that the lady sitting opposite Mr Sap is his Lawyer ( - if this is not the case, then he would appear to be a bit "under-represented").

She's wearing a police jacket, so I don't think she is his lawyer. 

Quite frankly, I tend to believe the schoolteacher rather than the police.

4 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Now that the whole narrative has changed, who actually did the hit and run? 

That was never important to the police. As with many crimes here, it's about who's the most convenient and easiest suspect to charge. They're a business. Arresting people and having them convicted is merely their 'shop front'. 

16 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

Now that the whole narrative has changed, who actually did the hit and run? 

The Law - the Police, the Prosecutors, the Judges - does not actually concern itself with what *actually* happened ... rather it concerns itself (or *should* concern itself) with what can be *proven* to have taken place.

After an inspection of Khruu Jomsap's car, Employees at Toyota Motor Co Ltd’s Samut Prakan-based factory are of the opinion that her car has not been repainted (for example, after an accident).

In addition, after an inspection by King Mongkut University of Technology Thonburi, the car's licence plate was found to have no scratches or traces of being repaired.

Edited by andersonat

Sap admits being hired to lie on behalf of Jomsap

By THAWEE APISAKULCHAT 
THE NATION 

ff3287d1a92624100a697a54e6a813a6.jpeg

Mukdahan man Sap Wapi surrenders to Nakhon Phanom police yesterday over a perjury charge.

SAP WAPI faces a charge of perjury after admitting he was hired to falsely confess to being the driver in the fatal 2005 hit-and-run accident for which teacher Jomsap Saenmuangkhot was jailed.

Nakhon Phanom police chief Pol Maj-General Suwicharn Yankittikul said Sap would be brought to court for prosecution today. 

“I have interrogated him myself and he has made a confession,” the police chief said. 

The Mukdahan resident admitted yesterday that another teacher, Suriya Nuancharoen, had promised to pay him Bt400,000 to be the scapegoat in the case so that Jomsap could be exonerated. Sap said he had not yet received the money. 

Suwichan earlier vowed to bring perjury charges against Sap and six others who they believe procured false witnesses on Jomsap’s behalf.

Although he appeared on summons, Sap said he had always been willing to surrender to police, and he contacted them on Tuesday night.

Jomsap was sentenced to three years and two months in prison over the death of cyclist Lua Phorbumrung in the March 11, 2005, accident in Nakhon Phanom’s Renu Nakhon district. She was granted a royal pardon in April 2015 after serving 18 months and sought a retrial to clear her name. But the Supreme Court last week rejected her petition, citing suspicions of “hired scapegoats”. 

Sap had originally claimed that Jomsap was falsely accused due to a mix-up, since her pickup truck bore the licence plate “Bor Khor 56 Sakhon Nakhon”, while his was “Bor Khor 56 Mukdahan”. Sap now insists he was at home in Mukdahan at the time of the accident. 

A police source cited a close relative to Sap as previously saying that Sap felt uneasy and couldn’t eat or sleep because he felt guilty about giving false evidence. As a result, the relative said, Sap had tried to contact police to surrender but at that time the Supreme Court had not yet made its ruling, so he waited. After last week’s ruling, he came forward to surrender. A Mukdahan sub-district mayor, Chaiyuth Maiwisai, was set to apply for Sap’s bail release after interrogation late yesterday.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/national/30332288

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-11-23

Somebody whispered.......money....big money to be compensated if you get a retrial with a fat compensation!!

Enough people will witness ...pssst for the right price.....peaccccccccce of cake.

OOPS. Brain-dead witnesses

UHHHHHHHHH

Now everybody except the Thai Court looks stupid.

16 minutes ago, hgma said:

Somebody whispered.......money....big money to be compensated if you get a retrial with a fat compensation!!

Enough people will witness ...pssst for the right price.....peaccccccccce of cake.

OOPS. Brain-dead witnesses

UHHHHHHHHH

Now everybody except the Thai Court looks stupid.

Image result for ace ventura really gif