3-mil Baht Investment Visa

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize this is off topic but why is it that its so easy to get a Non-O outside SEA ??

They practically hand the things out in Hull UK and Perth Oz yet KL / Penang / Singapore etc all seem very hard to get them ??

The line of applicants is much shorter outside SEA. In Australia Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth, are very helpful, whereas Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra are less so Brisbane actually does the visa while you wait.

Have done some checking and this 3 million baht visa is legitimate. I have one question though. Say a foreigner bought a condo valued in land department records at 2,800,000 Baht, this of course 200,000 short for the visa. Could he wire

200,000 to his fixed account in Thailand to have a combined amount of 3 million baht to get the visa?

Good question, a corollary to which I might ask, what if you bought a condo for 2.8 mil and did improvements (such as installing a kitchen, non-existent in the original deal) totalling over 200,000 THB?

Edited by sabaijai

Have done some checking and this 3 million baht visa is legitimate. I have one question though. Say a foreigner bought a condo valued in land department records at 2,800,000 Baht, this of course 200,000 short for the visa. Could he wire

200,000 to his fixed account in Thailand to have a combined amount of 3 million baht to get the visa?

Good question, a corollary to which I might ask, what if you bought a condo for 2.8 mil and did improvements (such as installing a kitchen, non-existent in the original deal) totalling over 200,000 THB?

That'll work. :o

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Have read that you are able to get a renewable 1 year visa when you purchase a condo to a value of 3 mil. Baht.

I have just purchased one for 3.1 mil. Baht, registered value at land office is 3 mil. Baht. Condo registered in my own name.

I have a 6 month tourist double entry visa only. Can I apply for this visa at BKK imm? What is the visa called, where or which counter do I go to? Or is it not possible? Dr Pat P - ant suggestions.

Have also read many questions about non-imm visas...Was at Kota Baru consulate yesterday, they don't issue non-imm visas if you don't have the correct paperwork, simply as that..

Regards

EDH

http://www.imm3.police.go.th/webboard/view.php?No=871

กรณีนำเงินเข้าไม่น้อยกว่า 3 ล้านบาท

Incase of Investment of no less than 3 Million Baht

1. คำร้องขออยู่ต่อ(ตม.7)

The application of a visa extension(TM 7)

2. สำเนาหนังสือเดินทาง

Copy of passport

3. หนังสือรับรองการโอนเงินจากต่างประเทศเข้ามาในราชอาณาจักร

Certificate of fimamical transferring

4. หนังสือรับรองการฝากเงินประเภทประจำ จากธนาคารของรัฐ หรือ

Certificate of time deposit form Governmental Bank

5. สำเนาพันธบัตร ซึ่งออกโดยส่วนราชการ หรือรัฐวิสาหกิจ หรือ

Copy of purchase of government bonds which id issued by government offcial

6. หลักฐานการซื้ออาคารชุดจากเจ้าของโครงการ ตามราคาประเมินของกรมที่ดิน

Copy of the official purchase agreement of flat according to assessment value from the land officeal

(You can extention of stay for a period one year for each time)

Name Pol.Lt.Col.Chalermpong (203.113.34.*) [ Tuesday 18 May 2004 เวลา 15:47 น ]Comment No: 1

Please let me know how you get on as I am strongly considering this to shore up my own long term stay prospects / desicisions.

Also can anyone help me find info on what governement banks are acceptable ?? What rates of return I may get ??

Could the moneys be held in USD or Euro in a government bank account ??

If I need access to the money can I forfiet my visa and get access to my money ??

Am I allowed to transfer it out of Thailand at my own descretion should I need or desire to (again understanding I lose my visa rights) ??

I know nothing about Governement bonds or banks as yest so any info however minor is appreciated... A Condo is not an option for me as building a villa is part of my long stay plans.

Could the moneys be held in USD or Euro in a government bank account ??

If I need access to the money can I forfiet my visa and get access to my money ??

Am I allowed to transfer it out of Thailand at my own descretion should I need or desire to (again understanding I lose my visa rights) ??

Suggestion::

Go to one of the banks and ask about their terms and conditions.

It is NOTHING to do with the Visa.

The Banks say for example ---you can not close account unless you lose half the cash -- then that would be your choice. Obviously exagerated example;-)

The Visa only requires notification as per your quote.

Bank rules are what you need to know.

Let us all know how you get on please/

:o

I thought I had to buy either a condo (not happening) or governement bonds... I assume governement bonds pay out some for of interest / rate of return ???

Is it simply putting 3 million into a 'government bank' if so what banks are government banks ??

These are the old rules as still posted at the Sydney Consulate web site (look at bottom section);

http://thaisydney.idx.com.au/ResidentVisa.html

Evidence of investment of not less than 3 million bath after the money was transferred into Thailand in one of the following ways:

1.  Deposited into a fixed deposit account with govement banks (Krung Thai Bank, Government Saving Bank, Bank for Argiculture and Argiculture Cooperatives, Rattanasin Bank, Bangkok Metropolitan Bank, Siam City Bank, Government Housing Bank).

2.  Government bonds, or state enterprise bonds, purchased only from government agencies or state enterprises or agencies commissioned by government or state enterprises.

3.  Buying a condominium unit/s from the owner according to the price registered with the Department of Lands.

4.  Other investments the Immigration Bureau deems beneficial to the country.

I thought I had to buy either a condo (not happening) or governement bonds... I assume governement bonds pay out some for of interest / rate of return ???

Is it simply putting 3 million into a 'government bank' if so what banks are government banks ??

I'm pretty sure Krung Thai Bank is a government bank. (Sorry, the above poster has it posted)

Not sure what is going on here with the investment visa.

My friend received his fourth one year extension in a row.

This extension is based on an investment in a condo, valued at 2.4 million Baht and bought firsthand from the condo builder plus an additional 700,000 Baht in an account at the Krung Thai Bank to reach the required 3 mill.

The application was done end of februari 2004, and approved by immigration BKK after three one month (under consideration) stamps, with a stamp for the remaining 9 months.

If this law does not exist anymore, they sure are grandfathering the people who had these visa's before!

What is true though, after wanting to apply for residency (since there were 3 one year exensions already) he was told that the amount invested should be over 10mill. Baht. The 3 mill. only covers 1 year extensions.

I realize this is off topic but why is it that its so easy to get a Non-O outside SEA ??

They practically hand the things out in Hull UK and Perth Oz yet KL / Penang / Singapore etc all seem very hard to get them ??

The line of applicants is much shorter outside SEA. In Australia Brisbane, Adelaide, and Perth, are very helpful, whereas Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra are less so Brisbane actually does the visa while you wait.

Forget Sydney!!

They are bas....ds.

It really is laughable though... Consulates disagree with local offices... local offices disagree with each other... They all disagree with the border controls...

This is why it is called the Land of Smiles.

Everyone is laughing, the administration here is a real joke!!

Not sure what is going on here with the investment visa.

My friend received his fourth one year extension in a row.

This extension is based on an investment in a condo, valued at 2.4 million Baht and bought firsthand from the condo builder plus an additional 700,000 Baht in an account at the Krung Thai Bank to reach the required 3 mill.

The application was done end of februari 2004, and approved by immigration BKK after three one month (under consideration) stamps, with a stamp for the remaining 9 months.

If this law does not exist anymore, they sure are grandfathering the people who had these visa's before!

What is true though, after wanting to apply for residency (since there were 3 one year exensions already) he was told that the amount invested should be over 10mill. Baht. The 3 mill. only covers 1 year extensions.

I believe you are right Monty, several Immigration sources tell me that this investment scheme is not longer valid. That means that Immigration is not considering any new applicants for this Investment visa, but punters already in the system can continue with yearly extensions.

I have been unable to get a 100% confirmation, though. TiT.

Well thaiimmigration.com have reversed thier earlier assertion that these were no longer being issued to new applicants...

Thier info direct from thier superiors http://www.imm3.police.go.th/webboard/view.php?No=871

Thread with it discussed http://www.thaiimmigration.com/inv/index.php?showtopic=89

One thing to notice is that it is an extension to a previous visa so you must go and obtain a visa (not a 30 day tourist 'on arrival') prior to obtaining then extending it via the above methods.