Lazada delivery

endenwer

6 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Chances are the items or delivery notifications are at the Condo reception or management office?

I agree with you. 

They would not be at the post office since Lazada ships with DHL or Kerry Express.

I live in a remote area of Thailand and use Lazada quite often.

The first thing that I would do is email or call their customer care, [email protected] or 02-018-0000, give them you order number, explain the situation and ask them for the Name of the courier Service and the tracking number.  How the order is actually shipped is up to the vendor that is actually supplying the end item.  I've had things delivered via EMS, Kerry Express, V Cargo, Yusen Logistics and recently Ninja Van Service. If it is an item that has come from overseas via DHL, when it arrives at the DHL terminal in Bangkok it will show "delivered" on the DHL tracking website.  DHL does not have a delivery network in Thailand and they normally send it to you via Thai Post but don't send you a tracking number unless you contact DHL direct with the DHL tracking number. I have never had anything that I order through Lazada delivered by DHL, only by Ebay. I must admit that Lazada's delivery notification system has gone down hill in the recent months.  I still have not received shipping information of a delivery that was made last week.

3 minutes ago, wayned said:

I live in a remote area of Thailand and use Lazada quite often.

The first thing that I would do is email or call their customer care, [email protected] or 02-018-0000, give them you order number, explain the situation and ask them for the Name of the courier Service and the tracking number.  How the order is actually shipped is up to the vendor that is actually supplying the end item.  I've had things delivered via EMS, Kerry Express, V Cargo, Yusen Logistics and recently Ninja Van Service. If it is an item that has come from overseas via DHL, when it arrives at the DHL terminal in Bangkok it will show "delivered" on the DHL tracking website.  DHL does not have a delivery network in Thailand and they normally send it to you via Thai Post but don't send you a tracking number unless you contact DHL direct with the DHL tracking number. I have never had anything that I order through Lazada delivered by DHL, only by Ebay. I must admit that Lazada's delivery notification system has gone down hill in the recent months.  I still have not received shipping information of a delivery that was made last week.

They don't send a tracking number because it is sent pasadoo and it is not trackable on the Internet. You have to call the post office and they let you know what is going on.

in your lazada profile, change you address according to your needs.

like  . . . . . ."DCondo management office

to the attention Mr. Farang WhoSoever"

then everytime lazada sends something to you, you can pick it up at the lobby of your condo

PS: the disadvantage is the "Cash on Delivery" method would become a bit difficult to follow

Edited by crazygreg44

21 minutes ago, elektrified said:

They don't send a tracking number because it is sent pasadoo and it is not trackable on the Internet. You have to call the post office and they let you know what is going on.

As  I said I have used Lazada for years and the shipping method that they use is up to the seller.  If it's sent via Thai post it is sent one of three ways, EMS, Logispost (if over 20 kilos) and registered mail.  All of these services can be tracked on the Thai Post EMS tracking website.  There is no such service as "pasado"!  If you think that there is, please post a link to the Thai post website that explains this service.

9 minutes ago, wayned said:

As  I said I have used Lazada for years and the shipping method that they use is up to the seller.  If it's sent via Thai post it is sent one of three ways, EMS, Logispost (if over 20 kilos) and registered mailAll of these services can be tracked on the Thai Post EMS tracking website.  There is no such service as "pasado"!  If you think that there is, please post a link to the Thai post website that explains this service.

No, incorrect. Indeed it is sent registered but it is sent "pasadoo" and can not be tracked on the website, only in the internal computer system of Thai Post.

Thai Thai post office has a pay on receipt delivery system now the same as courier services and some Lazada merchants use this system for delivery.  Lazada also has their own delivery service (at least here in Bangkok).  I have never had normal mail delivery from Lazada.  Your telephone number is important for the delivery process as they will call that number if any issues.

24 minutes ago, wayned said:

There is no such service as "pasado"!  If you think that there is, please post a link to the Thai post website that explains this service.

Why must you argue when you don't know? I don't get it. Pasadoo is a service available to high-volume sellers that is rong-tabien ("registered post") offered at a discount. But parcels can not be tracked on the Internet. All high-volume sellers (like Lazada) use pasadoo. For the last 10 years, my wife ships between 70-200 packages per month in Thailand and about 85% of them are sent pasadoo.

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

No, incorrect. Indeed it is sent registered but it is sent "pasadoo" and can not be tracked on the website, only in the internal computer system of Thai Post.

No, I'm not wrong,  If it's registered there is a number assigned it starts with Two letters that explains the type of service being provided, followed by an 9 digit tracking number and then a two letter code which indicates the country of origin.  If you think that I am wrong then post a link to the Thai website that explains this service and the rate structure that applies.  There is no such thing as pasadoo in the Thai postal system!!!!

I Spanish pasado means "day after tomorrow".  In some instances, due to routing form regional mail distribution centers, EMS shipments in Thailand can not be delivered the next day  and are delivered the "day after tomorrow" or even later, but they are still EMS services, with a tracking number and can be tracked on the Thai Post website.

8 minutes ago, elektrified said:

Why must you argue when you don't know? I don't get it. Pasadoo is a service available to high-volume sellers that is rong-tabien ("registered post") offered at a discount. But parcels can not be tracked on the Internet. All high-volume sellers (like Lazada) use pasadoo. For the last 10 years, my wife ships between 70-200 packages per month in Thailand and about 85% of them are sent pasadoo.

Then provide the link that explains the service!

1 minute ago, wayned said:

No, I'm not wrong,  If it's registered there is a number assigned it starts with Two letters that explains the type of service being provided, followed by an 9 digit tracking number and then a two letter code which indicates the country of origin.  If you think that I am wrong then post a link to the Thai website that explains this service and the rate structure that applies.  There is no such thing as pasadoo in the Thai postal system!!!!

I Spanish pasado means "day after tomorrow".  In some instances, due to routing form regional mail distribution centers, EMS shipments in Thailand can not be delivered the next day  and are delivered the "day after tomorrow" or even later, but they are still EMS services, with a tracking number and can be tracked on the Thai Post website.

I'm afraid you are wrong. You do your own research. Why should I? I know all about everything you wrote above....but you don't understand the pasadoo service. Just ask when you go to the post office - easy enough.

13 minutes ago, elektrified said:

I'm afraid you are wrong. You do your own research. Why should I? I know all about everything you wrote above....but you don't understand the pasadoo service. Just ask when you go to the post office - easy enough.

We are not talking about the "pasadoo" service, we are talking about delivery of Lazada orders via the Thai PO.

My personal experience one week ago....

Low value item ordered from Lazada delivered via Post Office EMS service (complete with EMS stickers) cash on delivery and trackable.

8 minutes ago, elektrified said:

No. It's not a retail service. No English pages. It's a discounted service for high-volume sellers. Discuss it with your manager at your P.O.

So provide the link.  If it's only available in Thai that's fine as I can read Thai!

23 minutes ago, elektrified said:

No. It's not a retail service. No English pages. It's a discounted service for high-volume sellers.

T

5 minutes ago, elektrified said:

What link???

The above quote  is what you said.  So, post the internet link to the website that fully explains the services which you must have seen since you say that there are "No English pages".  I have lived here for over 20 years and can read Thai so that is not a problem.

3 hours ago, puchooay said:

I sent a package by Thai post yesterday. Due to it's weight, 2.7kgs I was told that it could not be sent registered and thus could not be tracked online. 

It was sent "pasadu" which translates to "parcel". 

According to one member, such a service "does not exist".:whistling: And BTW it does not have to be a heavy parcel. It can be a small box that is sent pasadu.

Edited by elektrified

42 minutes ago, elektrified said:

According to one member, such a service "does not exist".:whistling: And BTW it does not have to be a heavy parcel. It can be a small box that is sent pasadu.

I'm the member that said that the service did not exist. 

The name of the service that you quoted was "pasadoo", post 12, and I took that as an English translation, not a phonic translation of the Thai script.  Actually in Spanish pasado manana  means delivery next day.  When you sent the post with the Thai statement about the delivery tracking and the first two letters PB, I did a little research and found that at least the "P" indicates Parcel post, no minimum weight.  The Thai script for parcel post is พัสดุ , pronounced (phat sa doo), so (phat sa doo) equals pasadoo!  The second letter "B" is most likely the bulk shipments with discounted pricing.  The Thai parcel post delivery is quoted as 7-10 days and no signature is required.  After the expiration of the delivery window tracking can be attempted trough either the shipping or delivery post office only.

So I will bend over and admit that Pasadoo, or pasadu or phat sa doo or พัสดุ does exist! :post-4641-1156694572:

However I do not think that Lazada or there vendors would use this service due to the length of delivery. and no signature.  Everything that I have ordered from Lazada has been delivered either by courier, EMS or registered mail which all require signatures.  Products that come from overseas, China, must be sent to a distribution center in Thailand where they are on forwarded using registered mail .  Lazada wants a signature as proof of delivery!

20 hours ago, wayned said:

I'm the member that said that the service did not exist. 

The name of the service that you quoted was "pasadoo", post 12, and I took that as an English translation, not a phonic translation of the Thai script.  Actually in Spanish pasado manana  means delivery next day.  When you sent the post with the Thai statement about the delivery tracking and the first two letters PB, I did a little research and found that at least the "P" indicates Parcel post, no minimum weight.  The Thai script for parcel post is พัสดุ , pronounced (phat sa doo), so (phat sa doo) equals pasadoo!  The second letter "B" is most likely the bulk shipments with discounted pricing.  The Thai parcel post delivery is quoted as 7-10 days and no signature is required.  After the expiration of the delivery window tracking can be attempted trough either the shipping or delivery post office only.

So I will bend over and admit that Pasadoo, or pasadu or phat sa doo or พัสดุ does exist! :post-4641-1156694572:

However I do not think that Lazada or there vendors would use this service due to the length of delivery. and no signature.  Everything that I have ordered from Lazada has been delivered either by courier, EMS or registered mail which all require signatures.  Products that come from overseas, China, must be sent to a distribution center in Thailand where they are on forwarded using registered mail .  Lazada wants a signature as proof of delivery!

All in all it was a friendly debate and nobody became over-excited or rude. :smile:

As far as the the signature requirement, that is an arrangement made between the receiver and the postal service. At our house my wife has not signed for a delivery (whether it is rong tabien, pasadu, or EMS) in about 8 or 9 years. The wife sends and receives as many as 10 parcels a day and is often not at home when the carriers arrive. There are different carriers for different services. She has given authority to the postal service to deliver w/o her signature and all the various carriers know her and have her mobile number if there is a problem. The only exception being very large parcels. They send the wife an SMS to notify her that she must p/u. Many Thai people who are gone long hours have this arrangement as they simply can't get to the P.O. to p/u parcels during business hours. I would say that 80% of our neighbors have this arrangement.

I don't receive any post at my house, only at my P.O. Box so I can't say if they would make this arrangement for farangs or not.